3DCoat Forums

[Bug] fill defect, non-colorable pixels

hello everyone, I encountered this problem on the latest version 4.9.68 (it was also present in recent other versions) I attach a screen. When I use both the brush and the filling tool in some parts of the model (in the sim areas of the UV) there are some inaccuracies in coloring, which cannot be remedied. is it a known problem? ... how can it be solved? sorry for the bad english

problem_riempimento.jpg

9 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Hi

Try modifying padding settings, hope it help.

padding.jpg

Thanks for the reply. But this solution does not work for my problem, it modifies the padding when exposed the texture .. but the defect of those missing pixels near the areas of the UV cut ... still remains.

21 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

The model was imported or was baked, try turning off all layer and paint only color over a new one.

Problem persist ?

the model was imported. Tried to import it again ... and going to color immediately without additional levels ... the problem continues to exist. (I attach new screen)

problem_riempimento1.jpg

Working at 2K the resolution of the UV islands is too small to take all the details.
If I paint the same thing but with a resolution of 8K, the error disappears.
Try to optimize the use of the entire texture resolution by increasing the size of the islands to be able to use the entire texture map and avoid working with small islands, there is much more space on the map that can be used.

error.jpg

paint.jpg

8K.jpg

10 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Working at 2K the resolution of the UV islands is too small to take all the details.
If I paint the same thing but with a resolution of 8K, the error disappears.
Try to optimize the use of the entire texture resolution by increasing the size of the islands to be able to use the entire texture map and avoid working with small islands, there is much more space on the map that can be used.

error.jpg

paint.jpg

8K.jpg

Thank you for your interest and time you are giving my request. Unfortunately I do not think it is the right solution I did some tests (I am attaching them to you) with the various sizes but in version 4.9.68 the defect persists, obviously the more you increase the size of the texture the defect becomes smaller but there is anyway. I would like to work at maximum with a resolution of 4K and the UVs are already optimized because in the empty spaces there are other pieces that I had not inserted in the test scene (I attach screen). however this bug is new because using the same mesh it is not present on the very old version 4.5 (attached screen).

thanks 

Giovanni

test_4.5_2048.jpg

test_4.9.68_2048.jpg

test_4.9.68_4096.jpg

test_4.9.68_8192.jpg

test_UV.jpg

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] fill defect, non-colorable pixels