3DCoat Forums

Shading/ Cavity issues with hard surface from Blender

zayca

Hello,

I wish You could help me as I am out of ideas.  I would appreciate a help with my workflow which I would like to be finished in 3DC. Somewhere on forum I read that some people here use Blender with Hardops addon so maybe I will find solution here. I want to texture and paint my object imported from Blender. 

During my Blender workflow I use mainly HardOps add-on which is based on booleans, bevel etc. The final mesh does't look great, I mean it is not quad mesh, it's bad topology...but In Blender if I use sharp edges, smooth shading etc..the final shading look perfect. No issues (1st screenshot). The problem starts in 3DC. The shading which looks good in Blender does not look good in 3DC (2nd screenshot). This is the first problem. I somehow figure out how to get rid of this shading issues by adding some more geometry ( I diced the whole object) It helped . But then another problems occurred - curvature map calculation  produces strange result: artifacts and black lines on the curvature map, which don't correspond with any curvature( black lines are on flat faces). The 3rd photo presents the problem. 

Last screenshoot is the base mesh from Blender  (shading in Blender looks with it as well) 

shading issues with boolean mesh 2.png

shading issues with boolean mesh.png

3.png

mesh from Blender.png

Edited by zayca