3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Symmetry issue

Philipp

Hello there, I'm new to the forum and also to 3d coat. I have the following issue:

- I have simple box in my scene (centered)

- I use voxel tools - Extrude

- I choose rectangle lasso

- I turn on symmetry mode (XYZ mirror) with y Axis activated

I can see the mirror plane and also the mirrored mouse cursor on the other side of the mesh, but after dragging my rectangle, the extrusion is getting only applied on the upper half of the model (the side I was dragging on). This issue is also coming with the the square and polygon lasso tool. If I change the draw mode to one of the drawing modes my sculpt strokes are being mirrored as I would expect it to. I run into the same issue with most other tools as well. For some reason with the cut off tool and rectangular plus symmetry it works nicely.

I'm on Mac OS Big Sur 3D Coat 4.9.58 Indi license.

I find that really strange. Probably I'm missing something super simple. Any help would be really great. Thanks a lot, Philipp

9 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Hi 

Could you please test latest version 4.9.68 ?

Thanks

Tried here in my office on my desktop machine with newest version and works like a charm. SO probably it's version related. I'll give it another try on my mac book after updating tonight. Thanks for the quick reply!

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Symmetry issue