3DCoat Forums

Mesh Trouble

d.s.s.g.

I am having some trouble with my manual retopo. For a project I did an automatic retopo, until I realized way later that this was a mistake and I should have just done it manually (I have to rig the character I am retopoing). I went back to my 3dcoat file and cleared the automatic retopo, thinking that would be the end of it, and started doing it manually. I realized that while my symmetry was working, I couldn't make a center line. Usually I can click on the "wrong side" of the symmetry plane and a point will automatically appear in the very center. This wasn't working for me on this project for some reason.

I brought it up to my teacher, and he said it might be because the previous mesh I thought I cleared is still there. He told me to delete the polygons on the wrong side of the symmetry plane (which I am now realizing was not transparent like the wrong side usually is), turn off symmetry, then turn it back on. For some reason when I tried this, the symmetry plane would not turn back on. So he told me to close the program, open it again and reset my settings if needed. That seemed to work.

The issue I now have is that there seems to be another distorted mesh underneath the new retopo I made. I am currently deleting the weird mesh polygon by polygon and hoping my retopo ends up ok. My question is: why did this last thing happen? If anyone could tell me, that would be great. 

weird retopo.PNG