3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] Rendering Format Issue

We are having issues trying to render turntables in the render room. Setting up the render to custom 1920 x 1080 - it resets back to 1920 x 1017.

Is this a bug? Currently using 4.9.65

It would be better if the settings interface allowed you to setup the render format, and choose different outputs (tga, png, jpg, etc..) for the image sequence, then hit render from the setup window.

3D_Coat_Format_Issue.jpg

Hi

Hope this help

On 8/12/2017 at 12:27 PM, digman said:

You do not need to use the render turnable under the help menu.

You are forgetting to set " Render Frame Sequence" in the Render settings panel. I saw it was unchecked in your picture.

Once you have everthing setup just click on "Render" and the sequence files will be saved.

Be sure to select  Store Alpha Channel and your images will be automatically saved as TGA files with the alpha channel.  Also select save lossless images just to be safe.

Custom size is for positioning of the area to be rendered if you choose to use custom size. The yellow box will appear once you start to adjusting the size of the box.

Side Note: I was just choosing 200 rays per frame to render as I was testing, the default 1000 is fine. Of course choose the amount you need.

360 frames will give you a compete turntable circle.

Esc does work. 

I created the folder "man" in the settings panel and it automatically saves the tga files under the My Documents / 3D-CoatV47 / RenderImages / man, at least for Windows 7. Shown in picture.

3DC anti-aliasing is so so when rendering a turnable but since it is a moving model should be ok but you will have to be the final judge of that.

Rendering.JPG

Capture2.JPG

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Rendering Format Issue
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] Rendering Format Issue