3DCoat Forums

Newbie, multiple objects paintroom question

ArtRaptor

Greetings,

I am new around here hiyas! I just am learning how to use 3D coat. I do have a question about multiple objects. Okay here is the situation: I have a building structure I sculpted, retopo, and I baked each piece of it separately since it is multiple objects. My question is what would be the best way to go about taking all those baked items in 3d coat and combining them into one room together for painting my building/structure? Any extra videos and tutorials would also be very helpful in my learning. 

• Like 1

Hello

You can export the whole scene as fbx assigning a different material to each object.

or 

you can export the whole scene as fbx assigning a different matI think if you're working in the Paint room what you're looking for is 'File > Merge Object'

This menu Item isn't there on opening a 3DC fresh scene but is there as soon as you've imported your 1st object.

before importing add a color material for different sections on your model, a different color / name for each part.

Then when you import into 3DC  you should see the Surface Materials\Paint Objects with those materials listed / parted out .

if you don't see it go up to Windows Tab drop down list Pop ups  then you can hide them to show and not show when painting.

To make it easier when you have alot name your materials as the parts they are ex:  engine_ring, rear_rivets, etc...  as to easily know where on your model they are.

You'll have the possibility to paint and hide separated objects in 3DCoat and each of them will have his own UV Islands that you can regroup later: automatically from the UV panel using the Unify UV command or manually by selecting UV Islands and moving them : on the top menu of the UV section, under Symmetry, you can see the name of the current UV and a command Move Selected next to it. So you select UV Islands and move them around to regroup and organize them. Careful though, save your work in different versions.

hope it helps

That is cool information and all but, the issue is I don't have a complete scene even yet. I am trying to figure out how to bring multiple .3b baked files into one scene to piece together my structure first. They are all separate saved files. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

multiple .3b baked files were done in Sculpt Room ?

You need to retopo and bake every one, then export.

-1 Paint room was for importing 3d models and paint them then export back to their origin software

-2 Retopo room is for make low poly mesh and bake texture maps coming from high density poly models on sculpt room.

-3 Sculpt room was for creating new and clean objects.

This might Help

Ive seen that video already thanks. Yeah that's exactly what I have done and they are already retopoed and baked and already exported. It has nothing to do with sculpt room, I am just trying to find out how to import those separate 3b files into the paint room together so I can see the whole thing while I paint each object. It does not give me the option to bring in any 3b files to the paint room especially multiple objects in that file format with the baked information. Basically lets say I already modeled my hourse, but the window frames,door and roof are separate objects. I already baked it out correctly. Each object was done separately and never was in a scene together not as a whole and saved out exported as a 3b file. i want to bring in each 3b file together into the paint room again import somehow but 3d coat does not let me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

sounds like you need a "robust" 3d program, and in reading the post, was wondering why youre having trouble in the first place. sounds like you want to render a complete scene, or :make a composition:. while 3dcoat is really awesome, youre still going to need something to render a complete scene, i dont think 3dcoat is suited for that. any full 3d program would allow you to import multiple objects to render out a scene. ill throw some at you, price low to high?!?

blender, daz studio, vue? bryce, carrara, cinema4d, lightwave, maya, 3dsmax... there are tons more, but something along those lines is what you need if i understand correctly...