3DCoat Forums

Extrude along path tool

Ratchet

• Advanced Member

At 1:35 a mesh xurve is done by hand

While that could be done with a very common tool that is extrude a shape along a path.

I'm not saying it must be mandatory or implemented (and this could be done in Voxel room and quick retopo with lines).

Just saying why not for a later version.

Edited by Ratchet
  • Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor

Patience, please. There is a feature like this already in the works, in 2021, called the Spine tool. I was going to try and record a video tutorial of it, but there were a few issues for the developer to address first. It extrudes along a path, with controls to change the scale along points in the path.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

Patience, please.

?

You can re read my post

I'm not saying it must be mandatory or implemented

I don't care a if this extrude along path tool was not implemented; the low poly modeler is already complete enough.

Also for for big  hard surface modeling work i will instead continue using specialized software like Maya or Blender, because the needs are different.

The main interest about 3D Coat low poly modeler is to create directly your hard surface model, voxelize to add details and make normal maps, and directly bake without needing to retopo.

Edited by Ratchet