3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Paint along spline with spacing ?

Callak

• Advanced Member

So, I've been trying to use "Paint along spline" with the "with spacing" option turned on, spacing is set to %100, I've tried %150 and %200.   But when I hit enter, nothing happens.    If I turn off "With spacing" it works fine.  But for what I'm trying to do I need to adjust the spacing between brush dots, rather than create a stroke.  Is this a bug, or am I doing something incorrectly?

• Advanced Member

Hmm, maybe I don't understand how to use the with spacing properly, but I experimented with using "Paint along spline" with strips a little, and I think I can accomplish some of what I need that way for now.   I still think this might be a bug though, unless someone can show me what I'm doing wrong.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Hello

I am testing version 4.9.72 and cant find any issues.

Are you using latest version ?

image_2021-03-16_145621.png

I'm using the latest version released from Steam:  4.9.60.

• Advanced Member

I've had a problem finding that licence.dat file in the past.   I did download the latest version today but haven't installed it yet.   I'm a bit burnt out from my efforts today, so I'll try to get the latest version running Friday, my next day off from work, when I'm fresh.

• Advanced Member
15 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Check this information please

Hope it help

Ok, here is the problem I'm having with this.....   the new install is using the same data folder as the steam version, which already has the licence.dat file in place.  I checked the "Relocate 3DCoat's data folder" option to make sure it was currently pointing there.  Yet the new version is still running in amature mode, when it should be in consumer mode.

Screenshot 2021-03-17 07.32.35.png

Edited by Callak

• Advanced Member

Ok, a couple of things.   

First- In case anyone has this issue again, I'm going to mention it here.   I was informed by Oleg from the 3DCoat team that the "Consumer" Steam version, is the same as the "Amature" web download version.   The "Consumer" version on Steam is just a legacy thing I guess.   I tested the number of layers available in each, after I was informed, and indeed they are the same, in that respect.

Second- Ok, I finally have the latest version.   Tested it, Carlosan, looks like I have the same settings you do from what I can tell?  It still does not respond when I hit [enter], or [Apply].

1610364824_Screenshot2021-03-1907_54_33.thumb.png.30bd6eae6805622c673975c53f15544c.png

Edited by Callak
  • Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Paint along spline with spacing ?
  • Advanced Member

It's doing it again.   There has to be a bad array or memory leak causing this issue.   I do not wish to reset the settings every time I am ready to use paint along spline with spacing.   The only other setting change I made was to change the default external editor to Krita instead of Adobe Photoshop.640533348_Screenshot2021-03-2108_34_06.thumb.png.89b372c1109d020b5eae97d425d9d699.png

Edited by Callak