3DCoat Forums

Will 2021 have a better autopo algorithm?

polynut

• Advanced Member

Since i am using blender and i am currently very tight on a budget and after trying quadremesher i am stunned by the quality of the topology from quadremesher but at 150 $ with taxes i find it pretty steep price for one tool.

So i wonder if autopo in 2021 will have any update on algorithm so it get closer to the quality level of quadremesher?

• Advanced Member

the quality of the topology from quadremesher but at 150 $ with taxes i find it pretty steep price for one tool.

It depends if you plan ot use a lot the tool and if you get money back from your creations, in that case 150$ for license is not expensive at all andyou should buy it as a good investment.

Otherwise for hobby only, you don't need thebest retoplogy and actual 3D Coat auto retopo is good enough.

Edited by Ratchet
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

On 3/17/2021 at 6:05 PM, polynut said:

Since i am using blender and i am currently very tight on a budget and after trying quadremesher i am stunned by the quality of the topology from quadremesher but at 150 $ with taxes i find it pretty steep price for one tool.

So i wonder if autopo in 2021 will have any update on algorithm so it get closer to the quality level of quadremesher?

You can use Quadremesher on a 3 month subscription basis for $15.99 USA, thus allowing you to lease it only when you need it. Which is what I did as I spend more time in Lightroom & Photoshop doing photo editing then in any 3D apps.

I too found quad remesher vastly superior to 3DC's auto retopo and now hardly ever use 3DC's retopo.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
On 3/24/2021 at 3:32 PM, kenmo said:

You can use Quadremesher on a 3 month subscription basis for $15.99 USA, thus allowing you to lease it only when you need it. Which is what I did as I spend more time in Lightroom & Photoshop doing photo editing then in any 3D apps.

I too found quad remesher vastly superior to 3DC's auto retopo and now hardly ever use 3DC's retopo.

Thank for the info since i was not aware you could have subscription and this is exactly what i will do since i will not need it all year long in my pipeline.

• Like 1