3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2021 Open Beta test !

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, popwfx said:

How?? doesn't for me if they're different resolutions and stacked vertically.

What i mean is it works for me on my setup I only every use it on one monitor at once i never spread it across multiple displays, the 2021 version does not work at all properly on any of my displays.

1 hour ago, stusutcliffe said:

Doesnt run at all for me. I put the latest gpu driver in . Win 10. 

Same Issue here, All drivers updated, including GTX 1080 Ti video card. 3DCoat will not even start, Installed to D: drive, uninstalled and re-installed to C: drive, downloaded again. Restarted each time, still no joy. It does appear in task manager as a background process for a few seconds, but then vanishes again.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
47 minutes ago, pattanner said:

Same Issue here, All drivers updated, including GTX 1080 Ti video card. 3DCoat will not even start, Installed to D: drive, uninstalled and re-installed to C: drive, downloaded again. Restarted each time, still no joy. It does appear in task manager as a background process for a few seconds, but then vanishes again.

Its a mystery. Ah well thats the end of that then....

I have multiple displays, but no offset is happening in sculpt or paint modes. I'm using a Wacom Cintiq 12" tablet, and everything is as installed by default.

Haven't had chance to test in-depth yet, but it looks great so far!

9 minutes ago, MkIII said:

I have multiple displays, but no offset is happening in sculpt or paint modes. I'm using a Wacom Cintiq 12" tablet, and everything is as installed by default.

Haven't had chance to test in-depth yet, but it looks great so far!

Same here. I have a main 1080p display 100% scaling, to the right a 4K 175% scaling, and under the main one, a 1080p 100%scaling cintiq where I have 3DCoat. No issues whatsoever.

• Advanced Member

Hello,
There will always be disappointed people, I am one of them.

1- The thing I like most about 3Dcoat is the navigation.  It is natural.
Why did you change ?
This new way to navigate with the stylus is horrible. It's really really bad!
Why not give the choice?
Please go back to the old way.

2- The brushes: Muscle, snake, and tips don't work or very very badly

- Painting room -
3- The option "more in the cavities and less in the cavities do not work.
And many more in this part.

Thank you and congratulations for all your work.

2 hours ago, Kargall said:

Hello,
There will always be disappointed people, I am one of them.

1- The thing I like most about 3Dcoat is the navigation.  It is natural.
Why did you change ?
This new way to navigate with the stylus is horrible. It's really really bad!
Why not give the choice?
Please go back to the old way.

2- The brushes: Muscle, snake, and tips don't work or very very badly

- Painting room -
3- The option "more in the cavities and less in the cavities do not work.
And many more in this part.

Thank you and congratulations for all your work.

What is wrong with navigation? Please explain.

image.png.9f9ccb23c256ab5f1d80e8af569c124e.png this looks so bad that I don't believe this is 2021 maybe 2001 

too much waste of space and I can't resize this side bar.. 

image.png 

but think the new 3dcoat is much faster than the old 4.9 even on my old pc  !

Edited by tcwik
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

erm i like 3d coat i really do , the sculpting is excellent

but i wont be buying 2021 or upgrading 

its not buggy at all but i really hate the process of doing anything..

for example the low poly modelling is just way over complicated in order to just make a simple shape you need to spend a while doing it,

the sculpting is nice but when you look at zbrush which is only double the price and life time updates and the amount of features it has in comparison 

each update should be adding things to make our lives easier not more stressful, the ui looks quite out dated please for the love of god simplify the software you're adding tools without explanation on how to use them when you look at things like micropoly for fish scales ,i would have to individually do each scale of 3d coat ,i quite disappointed because i was expecting something more professional especially as it wont be a free update 

Edited by Elemeno

• Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, tcwik said:

image.png.9f9ccb23c256ab5f1d80e8af569c124e.png this looks so bad that I don't believe this is 2021 maybe 2001

First of all, I used 2021 only for a couple of hours, but, at the moment, I like that idea: I could close some panels, because those icons open the same and I can save space.
I need more time with that, but it's not so bad.

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, thinkinmonkey said:

First of all, I used 2021 only for a couple of hours, but, at the moment, I like that idea: I could close some panels, because those icons open the same and I can save space.
I need more time with that, but it's not so bad.

I think this is a useful panel, but it would be better as a mouse pop under with a certain keypress.  It would be far more useful that way.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
24 minutes ago, Scary M said:

Can we at least resize the icons they are ugly that big drop them to the same size as the other icons in the tool bar?

Good idea, maybe we could have the tiny/normal/large/huge option like we have for panels, maybe in the Preferences, in order to save more space on UI.
What do you think?

• Reputable Contributor
27 minutes ago, Scary M said:

Can we at least resize the icons they are ugly that big drop them to the same size as the other icons in the tool bar?

I suggested the same thing...that they would be just like the navigation bar, but vertically aligned beneath the Camera icon.

• Advanced Member

So I was able to at least try the new version by setting both my screens to same resolutionThose of us having an issue with an offset as a temp workaround you can set the resolution of multi screen setup to be the same resolution

Amazing job on the Smart Retopo Tool, works perfect.

The knife in the retopo room is excellent as well, I like how it knows to connect a corner edge to make a quad when making a vertex in the center of a face, very slick.

In the paint room, I can not get the curve stroke to paint, I see the percentage counting to 100 in the top left window but no paint is being applied.

Also when using brush along curve or run brush along projection, when using Curves, no paint is being applied for those either.

I was able to get one crash using the stitches tool in the sculpting room.

I also noticed things got really slow when sculpting with the AirBrush.

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

What is wrong with navigation? Please explain.

Before , for to move in the screen (PAN), the stylus had to touch the wacom then to make a right click then to move (PAN)
Now, I have to make a right click (in the void) (so zoom) and then put the stylus on the screen of the wacom.
Does 3Dcoat he changed? Is this a wrong driver?

I'm looking forward to trying out the new features.
Can I request that you support multiple UV sets? (Not just udims or mutiple meshes)

I'm a generalist and when I'm doing technical art for games I often use one mesh that has multiple UV sets on the same vertices. This allows lots of special effects. Most commonly trim mapping, where one set of uvs is used for light mapping and another set is used to place lots of details from a trim atlas, on the same polygons.

When I'm writing a shader for Unity I would import the UVsets using something like this.

struct appdata
            {
                float4 vertex : POSITION;
                float4 uv : TEXCOORD0;
                float4 lightUV : TEXCOORD1;
            };

struct v2f
            {
                float2 uv : TEXCOORD0;
                float4 lightUV : TEXCOORD1;
                float4 vertex : SV_POSITION;
                float4 color : COLOR;
            };

Most of the major 3d packages use UVsets (maya, max, blender etc) and fbx supports multiple UVsets. Yet I can't find any 3d paint packages which support multiple UV sets.
Now that you're introducing nodes. Would it be possible to have a node which associates a texture with a UVset?
I've attached a model which has multiple UVsets.

uvTest.fbx

• Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2021 Open Beta test !
  • Carlosan unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan locked this topic