3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2021 Open Beta test !

• Advanced Member

1) a model in Modeling room using symmetry

2) Switch to Voxel room ->  "add Object" ->  "import from retropology"

Whatever i increase resolution many times before adding the retopo object this does not change anything,

the result is bad, the object is added as "surface" instead of voxels, and even it's topology is wrong

https://i.postimg.cc/TY0M7BYD/retopo-To-Voxels.png

retopo-To-Voxels.png

Is this not the main purpose of modeling room ?

be able to create low or medium polygon models (used as retopo also), usable right away in voxel sculpt for detailling without any issues ?

Edited by Ratchet

2 hours ago, Ratchet said:

the result is bad, the object is added as "surface" instead of voxels, and even it's topology is wrong 

Is this not the main purpose of modeling room ?

be able to create low or medium polygon models (used as retopo also), usable right away in voxel sculpt for detailling without any issues ?

Unfortunately, I very often faced a variety of problems in the retopology room in all versions, so I most often do retopology in other programs.
In the end, it is not even possible to transfer an object normally from retopology to sculpting. The most normal way is to export the file in the retopology room and import it into the sculpt room.

This is heresy.

• Reputable Contributor
13 hours ago, kt2 said:

When transferring a Modeling asset to Sculpt space using Mesh > Make Sculpt Mesh, the link between the low-poly asset and the sculpt is retained which causes changes in Sculpt space being deleted upon re-entering the Modeling space.

Duplicating the sculpt object allows to bypass this behaviour although it feels counterintuitive and adds clutter to the SculptTree.

Make SURE in the Sculpt Workspace, to check CONFORM RETOPO MESH, so that any changes you make to the sculpt will be applied to the Retopo mesh, simultaneously. In the video, it was unchecked.

• Reputable Contributor
8 hours ago, pattanner said:

Also issue with opacity settings in paint room, with light pressure on wacom pen, initial contact for stroke still begins at 100% opacity.

image.thumb.png.e9ab5feff41d53f538297ce9595b7db6.png

I reported this problem a week ago, so it is confirmed. I hope Andrew fixes this ASAP, as it makes painting a royal PITA

• Advanced Member

1765497977_2021_B40Curvetest.thumb.jpg.fdb7d7b0d3a01d570fec4a536b8b9ca7.jpg

Test in 2021 (B40)

This is a curve option that appears in the Modeling Room.
I only thought about the RMB menu, but I forgot that there was also something like this at the top....

Anyway
It seems to be a function that fills the inside of the curve area with a quad or triangle face.
Doesn't work.
In the case of Triangle, it crashes.
Do i need specific conditions? Or is it a bug?

On 4/5/2021 at 2:29 PM, artofcharly said:

Hi, dear developers. 

I noticed a strange issue with Renderman. 

Tried to render a simple head and the 3D-Coat was Freezed.

Installed the latest version.

Video with an issue -> 

Steps:
- Open 3dcoat
- Select voxel 3d head
- Go to RenderRoom
- Select Renderman
- Click Render Preview

How to fix this?

Thank you and have a great day
Best regards,
Andrew.

Fixed, in the next build will work

• Thanks 2

9.04.21 B42:

- Voxel brushes updated, voxel brush engine introduces, similar to surface brush engine. Pay attention, VoxelEngine is subject to change, so we can't guarantee your presets related to the voxel engine will be preserved. Anyway, it is faster, more flexible. And very good point it offers real clay-like brushes for voxels.

- A lot, lot of bugfixes, including stability bugfixes, retopo/modeling...

- fixed RenderMan freezing at the start of render.

- Snapping corrected, was just not working at all.

- Fixed painting/sculpting along the curve.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

• Advanced Member

Still no Wintab without that odd offset here.

Tablet PC Works but Ill wait til we get wintab working. as I at least get VERY choppy perfomance trying to use Tablet PC

Edited by Scary M

• Advanced Member
40 minutes ago, Scary M said:

Still no Wintab without that odd offset here.

Tablet PC Works but Ill wait til we get wintab working. as I at least get VERY choppy perfomance trying to use Tablet PC

Confirmed on my end too.  What kind of tablet are you using?

• Reputable Contributor
17 hours ago, Frimasson said:

2 cents :
The new super relax brush is FANTASTIC to clean rough scans
You should add a " super relax whole model" in one click tool

There actually is something like it, in a sense. In Surface Mode, you can click SMOOTH ALL at the bottom of the tool panel and have options for relaxing the whole model. You can even use the FREEZE brush to select areas where you DO NOT want to smooth/relax, or switch it in the dialog to smooth what is selected.

Hello

I posted previously a bug in v40 in terms of the voxel brushes not working, v42 has fixed this, but I have discovered that putting 0 (zero) spacing in the brush options for surface and voxel brushes means that the brushes do not work (v42). Very small spacing also causing strange artifacts- i.e. depth not properly being shown, it just causes the edges of the brush to be slightly raised and textures the surface. Spacing of 0.1 is okay, but odd things happen at circa 0.01 spacing and no brushing at all at 0.

Thanks

spacing.jpg

• Advanced Member

If it helps ive been looking at the amount it offsets and it seem relative to the cursors position on the screen, The UI scales funny even more so in fullscreen is 3d coat running at some locked internal resolution or weird scaling? Like Half the resolution of my 4k monitor??

16 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

- Fixed painting/sculpting along the curve.

Just installed B42. Curve brushes still not working properly here:

Simple vertex line and Vertex curves has no effect.

image.thumb.png.750701b15b0d8f0a751a7ad0c0428d43.png 

Curve stroke has an effect but results are offset:

image.thumb.png.5b83bb7de0d2100e0bfd8f8650aaec10.png

Square, rectangle, vertex, stroke, circle and ellipse lasso all work as expected.

With the closed spline draw mode, pressing Enter after creating the curve has no effect

image.thumb.png.b64e5583d272f77e3799c2852b74eadb.png

And selecting apply curve creates strange offset results:

image.thumb.png.b46b5ea304be43ac2884d7eb5cdf1c56.png

Man, that Kitbash Room looks ACE! Great work :)

1) There's a strange Wacom (Intuos Pro) cursor offset for me also, the cursor appears like 100 or 200pixels left from there my pen actually is.

2) The UI scaling on my 4k screen looks "blurry", is there a way to natively use 3D Coat for HiDPI screens?

• Advanced Member
28 minutes ago, pattanner said:

Just installed B42. Curve brushes still not working properly here:

Simple vertex line and Vertex curves has no effect.

image.thumb.png.750701b15b0d8f0a751a7ad0c0428d43.png 

Curve stroke has an effect but results are offset:

image.thumb.png.5b83bb7de0d2100e0bfd8f8650aaec10.png

Square, rectangle, vertex, stroke, circle and ellipse lasso all work as expected.

With the closed spline draw mode, pressing Enter after creating the curve has no effect

image.thumb.png.b64e5583d272f77e3799c2852b74eadb.png

And selecting apply curve creates strange offset results:

image.thumb.png.b46b5ea304be43ac2884d7eb5cdf1c56.png

I think it's all related to the offset bug that make the beta unusable for some. The offset is still presenting for me when using tablet pc in preferences some tools work ok but in others the cursor jumps to where the offset would have been in between strokes and make things un workable for any sculpting task. 

Edited by Scary M

• Advanced Member
22 minutes ago, TheFlow said:

Man, that Kitbash Room looks ACE! Great work :)

1) There's a strange Wacom (Intuos Pro) cursor offset for me also, the cursor appears like 100 or 200pixels left from there my pen actually is.

2) The UI scaling on my 4k screen looks "blurry", is there a way to natively use 3D Coat for HiDPI screens?

Yup try it in fullscreen using alt + Enter scales oddly, not just blurry but pixelates. Also as you move the cursor from right to left does the offset change in size?

• Like 1

@Andrew ShpaginNot sure its related to 2-monitor system, I have 2 monitors both identical and both set to no scaling and same resolution. Still offset issue with curves.

Also installed on Laptop with single / built-in monitor and same issue

• Advanced Member

I tried different shapes, you know, the default ones at startup, and it seems to me curve stroke works only with the second sphere:

image.thumb.png.29ff1595071a0f4117a5fa041a908839.png

I tried also the cylinder, the little sphere, the head and the second body with unpredicatble results.
I made test on my laptop with hd full resolution screen 17" and on Cintiq 13" in full hd: the second sphere is good.

Dunno if it can be of any help for you, devs.

During the painting process with wacom/Veikk tablets i had the annoing issue where after you painting something on point A and going to point B the application decides to paint a straight line, i was have this issue in 4.9 as well and i think even earlier, i just don't use tablet in 3d coat before, so i use ctrl+Z every 20 seconds when painting. I was check on Wacom and Chinese tablets, they both almost new and work fine in other apps, but not in 3d coat, Mode in settings TabletPC

unknown.png

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Scary M said:

Wacom Intuos 4 pro

Yeah, I'm using something else, but Andrew has confirmed that it's an issue of monitor resolution when you have multiple monitors and one is at a different resolution.  I was able to fix by changing the resolution to HD

1 hour ago, gnulinuxkernel said:

During the painting process with wacom/Veikk tablets i had the annoing issue where after you painting something on point A and going to point B the application decides to paint a straight line, i was have this issue in 4.9 as well and i think even earlier, i just don't use tablet in 3d coat before, so i use ctrl+Z every 20 seconds when painting. I was check on Wacom and Chinese tablets, they both almost new and work fine in other apps, but not in 3d coat, Mode in settings TabletPC

unknown.png

I was updated my drivers on Wacom and Veikk (china tablet) and Veikk still work bad, but Wacom work just fine suddenly, 15 minutes no such issues, Previously i was send info about problems with "Sliding stencils alpha" and strange pen paiting issue when all painting was pretty rough until reboot program. Maybe this chinesse tablet was a main problem. But i was check a wacom too before and he was had those problems (now all good suddenly). I just think now you need set up priorities about my issues to bottom line because i'm not sure maybe my tablet was a problem. Anyway if in future if i have  some issues with wacom i will post here, for now i don't have a problems =)

• Advanced Member

Version b42

Bug - loading the default surface sphere and using Rapid smooth as soon as i lay a stroke i get subdivision of that stroke, regardless of the Modify connected check box or the subdivision settings. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Scary M said:

Version b42

Bug - loading the default surface sphere and using Rapid smooth as soon as i lay a stroke i get subdivision of that stroke, regardless of the Modify connected check box or the subdivision settings. 

Remove stretching?  Probably not a bug.

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2021 Open Beta test !
  • Carlosan unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan locked this topic