3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2021 Open Beta test !

• Advanced Member

i know this is late to ask but can the room be properly catered to its uses... for example sculpting room will have its own hotkeys 

and then modelling room having its own hotkeys an a proper interface and tools... for exactly b for bevelling ,workflow of 3dc lowpoly is way too slow... its not even worth using because its just a timewaster not a helper.

select should use a replace each selection... so when you select a face or edge and then select another edge it will remove the previous selection and only way to stack selection woul be using the shift key,

going into clear selection after every adjustment is crazy and not something i ever want to do again 

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Elemeno said:

i know this is late to ask but can the room be properly catered to its uses... for example sculpting room will have its own hotkeys 

and then modelling room having its own hotkeys an a proper interface and tools... for exactly b for bevelling ,workflow of 3dc lowpoly is way too slow... its not even worth using because its just a timewaster not a helper.

select should use a replace each selection... so when you select a face or edge and then select another edge it will remove the previous selection and only way to stack selection woul be using the shift key,

going into clear selection after every adjustment is crazy and not something i ever want to do again 

I agree about the amount of clicks for selecting.  But if you change the select mode to a marquee selection in the E panel, it will be have more like what you're suggesting iirc.

My main gripe is that select should always be available...we shouldn't have to switch to a dedicated select mode.  It slows things down having to always do that.  Even setting a hotkey seems like an unnecessary extra click.  Perhaps holding the CTRL key or something similar should allow selecting at any time...kind of like how we always have access to the smooth tool while sculpting with the SHIFT key while sculpting....  Also, we will need the ability to snap the pivot point to verts/selections and adjust the transformation orientation for face normals, world space, local space, etc.

• Advanced Member

Hi guy's just getting back in 3d coat and the blob tool doesn't work when i load curve from image and press enter, the shape doesn't get filled. Is there a new way to do this in 2021 or is this a bug?

Here is the image i use and the result when i press enter

god_body.jpg

blob tool.jpg

8 hours ago, Elemeno said:

You can clear your selection quickly by pressing Ctrl+D.
I personally find the 'Shift-less' selection method as much more intuitive and faster than, say, Blender's.

Also, once you ascribe shortcuts to Low-Poly and Sculpting rooms, switching between polygon edition and sculpting mode (with the 'Sculpt Mesh' link between Low-Poly and Sculpt room) feels much easier than in Blender, where you have to call a pie menu etc. etc. To each their own, I guess.

All of these advantages (imo) seem defeated - for the time being - by sheer instability of both the Low-Poly workflow and the link to Sculpt room.
Breaking links, Pose tool not working, awkward behaviour of so many tools available.
I'll keep my fingers crossed and stick to Blender / PolyQuilt for now for a combo of polygonal editing and quick sculptural tweaks.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, sprayer said:

it's freezing for me, looks like because too many points, simplify curve also freeze or to long for operation.
Yes it takes several minutes for simplify, but it works strange

The problem was the silhouette too close to the border of the image, i just made the canvas bigger and it's work so this is not a bug.

EDIT: It is very unreliable in 2021 since the result is not working consistently here an example :

god_body.jpg

blob tool_02.jpg

blob brush inconsistency.jpg

Edited by polynut
  • Thanks 2

Andrew, Apologies for bringing this up here. I bought the V4 to 3DCoat permanent upgrade. Haven’t received the license keys, Also the invoice or license is not showing in my account either. I wrote to the ID mentioned in the invoice. Any help would be appreciated.

• Reputable Contributor
7 minutes ago, ThomasJohann said:

Andrew, Apologies for bringing this up here. I bought the V4 to 3DCoat permanent upgrade. Haven’t received the license keys, Also the invoice or license is not showing in my account either. I wrote to the ID mentioned in the invoice. Any help would be appreciated.

Thomas, you might be able to get a faster response by emailing sales@3dcoat.com and asking for assistance. I will send a message  so they know to be looking for your email/license 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AbnRanger said:

Thomas, you might be able to get a faster response by emailing sales@3dcoat.com and asking for assistance. I will send a message  so they know to be looking for your email/license 

Thank you AbnRanger. Much appreciated 

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
On 7/10/2021 at 4:33 PM, ebitz said:

Concerning "construct new Shader". Specifically when trying to construct a new shader from one of the two existing default matcaps, after naming, the screen will freeze but not crash. Simply adjusting the window around in the monitor unfreezes it. However 3d coat will enter you into the PBR parameters rather than the Matcap dialog. If you cancel the operation at this point the new matcap shader is created anyway. From there you can edit the shader settings and the matcap dialog will appear as expected. Simply put the matcap dialog for "construct new shader" is replaced initially with the PBR dialog instead. 

Another issue is that once a new  matcap is created from one of the existing default ones, there is a file that fails to be generated into that new shaders userprefs folder. This missing file is the " CustomSampler3.dds". I have found significant viewport performance when this file is present. Now, once you construct new shaders from the new user shaders the file comes along and things work as they should. I have no idea why this "CustomSampler3.dds" file increases my performance or why it is relevant.

This error is also present in 4.9.75

On Linux Ubuntu 21.04 Based.

I have discovered what the CustomSampler3.dds does for  a user created matcap shader. This specific .dds file allows you to see your pose tool gradient colors. If you have created a new matcap and do not see the gradient colors from the pose tool in your scene just copy the "CustomSampler3.dds" file to your user matcap created file in your Documents folder directory.

• Thanks 1

12.07.21 3DCoat-2021.01

- Reassigning shaders fixed.

- "View->Show separate axis" works correctly.

- If the scene has nodes attached the baking dialog will remind to bake nodes first.

- "Bake->Bake w/ Per Pixel Painting w/ Displacement" bakes the color from layers and shader correctly.

- Nodes baking into scene correct.

- a lot of small polishing, a lot of icons updated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iRadovsky said:
  •  

RC2  Mac version

Coppy and Subtract From - doesn't working still. Making merge intead

I checked Copy&Subtract. It looks like merge but actually not. OneMesh subtracted from the other but both kept in the scene. Just hide subtracted mesh and you will see.

• Advanced Member

so 130 euros to upgrade to 2021 which personally doesn't seem like a worth while upgrade... why so expensive when 4.9 has more or less all the same features.... 

i mean ive had V4 for a couple of years now and in that time ive had voxels breaking and lose work... and 2021 still has this so whats the point of the upgrade.

11 minutes ago, Elemeno said:

so 130 euros to upgrade to 2021 which personally doesn't seem like a worth while upgrade... why so expensive when 4.9 has more or less all the same features.... 

i mean ive had V4 for a couple of years now and in that time ive had voxels breaking and lose work... and 2021 still has this so whats the point of the upgrade.

i mean it clearly has upgrades and new features, that theyve made vids of, new UI aside. but you don't have to use it, if its not worth it to you then don't, I guess, tbh

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Hdharris said:

i mean it clearly has upgrades and new features, that theyve made vids of, new UI aside. but you don't have to use it, if its not worth it to you then don't, I guess, tbh

they have removed 4.9 download availability....

why would they do that

also how can they charge so much for something with still so many bugs in the voxel system , i can guarantee my sculpt mesh will have some weird artefacts every time I use 3dc.
hopefully throughout the year they add some amazing stuff but zbrush seems like a more likely choice now and its lifetime upgrades too..

7 minutes ago, Elemeno said:

they have removed 4.9 download availability....

why would they do that

also how can they charge so much for something with still so many bugs in the voxel system , i can guarantee my sculpt mesh will have some weird artefacts every time I use 3dc.
hopefully throughout the year they add some amazing stuff but zbrush seems like a more likely choice now and its lifetime upgrades too..

I use both and they both have uses that the other cant or doesn't do as well, so it's not an either/or thing imo, I will say that this has a lot less bugs than I've been used to experiencing on older installs and it's more responsive than ever, before you even get to new features so it was a no-brainer upgrade for me in my work.

19 minutes ago, Hdharris said:

is anyone else getting an integrity error when you try to install?

As per Hdharris also getting integrity error when trying to install 3Dcoat-2021-01.  Any fix?

Cheers

If you receive NSIS error Windows 10 while installing a program, it is very likely that the installation files are corrupted or incomplete.

Try this link please 

//edit

4 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Thanks for reporting, fixed it on the main site too. Seems there was a problem with Google mirror... The size is normal, it was optimized, it is more lightweight.

4 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

If you receive NSIS error Windows 10 while installing a program, it is very likely that the installation files are corrupted or incomplete.

Try this link please 

Carlosan you've linked a MACOS file for a windows installation

• Thanks 1