3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2021 Open Beta test !

• Advanced Member

First of all, Congratulation on the release new 3D-coat!  so happy.

I can download the data on  this forum.

now I am using new 3d-coat. :rofl:

The download on the profile page now links to "3DCoat-2021-RC3.exe" (807.54 MB), while the download on the first page of this thread links to "3DCoat-2021-01.exe" (790.36 MB).

Which one of these two is the "final" version?

Edited by Hirazi Blue

Well, I have just installed the RC3 version, and then run the "Check for updates" menu option, & it says I have the latest version... So that will do for me. I must say, I was surprised to see the rc3 tag in the filename though.

• Advanced Member

Hello guys ! First of all congrats for the release of 3DCoat 2021 + Textura

I've tested both on a specific point I really, really wish can be solved one day : overlapp painting
Here's the result (I've used default "tile plane" provided but same issue occurs everytime you've got overlapped UVs, which remains useful if not vital in modeling)936454309_IssuePaintingOverlapp.gif.26197910c3e4b61e5911a35cdaaadb0c.gif

(Sorry about the compression, especially on BaseColor pass)

I noticed there's no issue If the brush is set to "Sharp Shape", which is cool since this mode allows to be extremely precise with alpha, but it's not the only mode and to be honest I use shapr/classical in a 50/50 balance (both are useful)

You can note that there are thin pixel lines where paint seems to behave strangely, yet they follow a simple pattern : geometry triangles. I've reproduced this using tileplane made from a single quad (so just 2 triangles) and I could see the same thin pixel line artifact appears over the triangle hidden edge

Another important point : this pixel line appears from the triangle you're painting to the other overlapped faces. This means that if I overlapp planes with a different triangulation, I won't hit the triangle edge I'm not painting on, the issue seems to be really localized

• Thanks 2

Congratulations on the release, but occlusion still does not calculate properly for me - it is unusable. I did not have this issue with 4.9. I have a screenshot showing the issue, similar to other posts - no matter what model I am using I have the problem. I have included the .3b file incase I am doing something obviously wrong...

2021-07-13.png

test.3b

• Advanced Member

Also AO/Curvature baking still have the same issues spotted a few years ago. I'd really love to rely on the tile plane as it's super useful to make tiling handpaint PBR textures

559247772_IssueAOCurvatureBakingOverlapp.thumb.gif.7cdccc54f5758c6d41378ab3ff662d0e.gif

• Thanks 1

@Silas Merlin 

3 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

The license in case of the upgrade will be deactivated after 1 year (14.07.2022). This just to avoid the situation when someone buys 2021 and sells 4.9. But even after 1 year, you may ask for support to prolong the usage of 4.9. So, no danger there. And V4 downloads will be available as well from your profile till 14.07.2022 and then by personal request.

• Reputable Contributor
5 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

The license in case of the upgrade will be deactivated after 1 year (14.07.2022). This just to avoid the situation when someone buys 2021 and sells 4.9. But even after 1 year, you may ask for support to prolong the usage of 4.9. So, no danger there. And V4 downloads will be available as well from your profile till 14.07.2022 and then by personal request.

Thank you for clarification.
I'm afraid that's not acceptable. I don't want to rely on personal request to keep 4.9
I wait until I can buy a new, separate license. We can have two licences, yes ?

This is really a sad time. I'm am trying to get used to work without the "beta tools" before they vanish.
I open 2021 to test things and try to solve problems others have with it, but there is no way I can switch to it for my own use at present.

6 minutes ago, Silas Merlin said:

I'm afraid that's not acceptable. I don't want to rely on personal request to keep 4.9
I wait until I can buy a new, separate license.

Hm ... you need more faith. ;)
Don't you think that within the next year, the new 3DCoat will finally be stable and polished? I hope so. I want to use 3DCoat productive so ... I hope.

Edited by Artomiano

• Reputable Contributor
2 minutes ago, Artomiano said:

Hm ... you need more faith. ;)
Don't you think that within the next year, the new 3DCoat will finally be stable and polished?

that, maybe, but functionalities vanish and don't come back.
some, like click to set pivot with gizmo was really nice but not critical.
However, the functionalities that are vanishing now are essential to me. (inverse flatten tool, rotate around camera, build tool... When the ability to continue a stroke in the air with carve tool vanished, it was alright because it was still possible with import>on brush. Now this has vanished too....)

• Thanks 1

@Carlosan thanks for your reply, but I have tried with and without voxels in the paint room, same issue either way. Calculate occulsion crashes the machine most times too. Oddly,  in the 2021 none RC release I can no longer add primatives to the retopo room or modelling room (only in sculpt room), so I tried a simple model from blender and that worked fine. It seems to be an issue with meshes created in 3dCoat. All maps bake fine except for bake lighting which does not work and crashes as well.

16 minutes ago, Silas Merlin said:

However, the functionalities that are vanishing now are essential to me. (inverse flatten tool, rotate around camera, build tool... When the ability to continue a stroke in the air with carve tool vanished, it was alright because it was still possible with import>on brush. Now this has vanished too....)

Erm ... if you need all those features offered by v4, you're not in need to upgrade your license. ;)
On the other hand, I can't imagine that essential functions will simply be removed. Maybe they are simply not "yet" available in the new version.

Edited by Artomiano

Two strange issues with the latest release, I can no logner add primatives to the retopo or modelling rooms - only in the sculpt room. I did not have this issue with the betas. And now also strange paint objects created more often then not when I bake from retopo room - two screen shots below, one showing the retopo object and one in the paint room after baking. Also if export retopo objects to blender, I have the same issue, large part of the mesh are missing. I have tried going into the modelling room and welding the verticies, but same issue.

Thanks

Oli

2021-07-13 (3).png

2021-07-13 (4).png

• Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, oah1981 said:

Just following up on my last post, if I click add new primative, nothing is added and the object is greyed out. fine in sculpt room

Adding primitives in the modeling room works fine for me. 

13.07.21 3DCoat-2021.02

- Freeze/Pose selection visibility may be varied in Freeze/Pose tools. Now is not completely black by default. Pose selection may be hidden as well from the freeze menu. Anyway, freeze/pose selection becomes visible again (with user-defined opacity) if you activate freeze/pose tools again.

- Fixed crash if UV room activated without the actual model in the scene.

- Fixed crash in occlusion calculation over sculpt objects (critical problem).

I posted a build there before the video will be released. These days updates will be frequent, one per day or even more frequent, as soon as I will find even small issues, I will do the build. I want to polish it perfectly, but something becomes obvious only after release.

Huge thanks to everyone who participated and helped us. We also have crazy and hot time there, working 12-16 hours per day, 7 days/week last several weeks, so strange things happen sometimes (like download issue and occlusion crash). But otherwise, without the deadline it is impossible to get to release...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, oah1981 said:

Congratulations on the release, but occlusion still does not calculate properly for me - it is unusable. I did not have this issue with 4.9. I have a screenshot showing the issue, similar to other posts - no matter what model I am using I have the problem. I have included the .3b file incase I am doing something obviously wrong...

2021-07-13.png

test.3b

I looked at the model and I think that problem is that both paint and sculpt meshes are visible in the scene. So "shadow" from sculpting mesh creates those spots. Hide sculpt mesh and try again. Use latest build (02).

2 hours ago, oah1981 said:

Two strange issues with the latest release, I can no logner add primatives to the retopo or modelling rooms - only in the sculpt room. I did not have this issue with the betas. And now also strange paint objects created more often then not when I bake from retopo room - two screen shots below, one showing the retopo object and one in the paint room after baking. Also if export retopo objects to blender, I have the same issue, large part of the mesh are missing. I have tried going into the modelling room and welding the verticies, but same issue.

Thanks

Oli

2021-07-13 (3).png

2021-07-13 (4).png

Seems you are in learning mode, so meshes are truncated (messages should appear). Use the license in the first post in this thread.

2 hours ago, Silas Merlin said:

All functionality that is actually lost will be recovered in terms of new tools and approaches. I removed (I was sure that) only duplicate things, so if something really useful is removed, I will restore it. I am really eager to make the program better. As I understood, you lost

1) Inverse flatten (CTRL action) - ok, easy to do in new flatten, will do it very soon.

2) Build tool? There are several similar tools in surface and voxels. What exactly do you need?

3) Rotate around the camera. Do you mean option in navigation? Camera as the pivot?

4) Import, on the brush is missing? I looked, seems it works. What is wrong?

What is more?

9 minutes ago, ichiki0101 said:

I installed the learning version of 3DCoatTextura.

When I started it, I got the error Access Ploblems!

I was able to start it, but the behavior is unstable. It sometimes stops and behaves strangely.

Please send me the screenshot of the problem to andrewshpagin@gmail.com

And what is "strangely"?