Jump to content
3DCoat Forums

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Scary M said:

4.9 works fine with Multiple monitors

How?? doesn't for me if they're different resolutions and stacked vertically.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to sign my account and password and I'm using my account and password to this forum but that doesn't work. I've got my serial number for 3D Coat but there's nowhere to put that. Where can I find the license file to add? 

 

thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, L'Ancien Regime said:

I want to sign my account and password and I'm using my account and password to this forum but that doesn't work. I've got my serial number for 3D Coat but there's nowhere to put that. Where can I find the license file to add? 

 

thanks.

That means the license file for 3dCoat 2021. They are not being sold yet. The license key for 3dcoat V4 does not fit there. Please use in Free Trial mode only

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stas3dc said:

That means the license file for 3dCoat 2021. They are not being sold yet. The license key for 3dcoat V4 does not fit there. Please use in Free Trial mode only

Perfect. thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, popwfx said:

How?? doesn't for me if they're different resolutions and stacked vertically.

 

What i mean is it works for me on my setup I only every use it on one monitor at once i never spread it across multiple displays, the 2021 version does not work at all properly on any of my displays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stusutcliffe said:

Doesnt run at all for me. I put the latest gpu driver in . Win 10. 

Same Issue here, All drivers updated, including GTX 1080 Ti video card. 3DCoat will not even start, Installed to D: drive, uninstalled and re-installed to C: drive, downloaded again. Restarted each time, still no joy. It does appear in task manager as a background process for a few seconds, but then vanishes again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Modeling room Knife tool cuts the model randomly, I tried to cut the sides of a box, but the knife went mad everytime I tried.
If I cut the object in viewport with fixed camera, knife tool cuts underlying polygons too.

screenshot_02_2021-04-01_12h25m.png

screenshot_01_2021-04-01_12h40m.png

screenshot_01_2021-04-01_12h46m.png

Edited by welcomerobots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, pattanner said:

Same Issue here, All drivers updated, including GTX 1080 Ti video card. 3DCoat will not even start, Installed to D: drive, uninstalled and re-installed to C: drive, downloaded again. Restarted each time, still no joy. It does appear in task manager as a background process for a few seconds, but then vanishes again.

Its a mystery. Ah well thats the end of that then....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have multiple displays, but no offset is happening in sculpt or paint modes. I'm using a Wacom Cintiq 12" tablet, and everything is as installed by default.

Haven't had chance to test in-depth yet, but it looks great so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MkIII said:

I have multiple displays, but no offset is happening in sculpt or paint modes. I'm using a Wacom Cintiq 12" tablet, and everything is as installed by default.

Haven't had chance to test in-depth yet, but it looks great so far!

Same here. I have a main 1080p display 100% scaling, to the right a 4K 175% scaling, and under the main one, a 1080p 100%scaling cintiq where I have 3DCoat. No issues whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,
There will always be disappointed people, I am one of them.

1- The thing I like most about 3Dcoat is the navigation.  It is natural.
Why did you change ?
This new way to navigate with the stylus is horrible. It's really really bad!
Why not give the choice?
Please go back to the old way.

2- The brushes: Muscle, snake, and tips don't work or very very badly

- Painting room -
3- The option "more in the cavities and less in the cavities do not work.
And many more in this part.

Thank you and congratulations for all your work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, do you want all the Found bugs put in this thread? Or will another specific build thread be started?

Thanks, Michael

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Yes, all feedback expected there)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kargall said:

Hello,
There will always be disappointed people, I am one of them.

1- The thing I like most about 3Dcoat is the navigation.  It is natural.
Why did you change ?
This new way to navigate with the stylus is horrible. It's really really bad!
Why not give the choice?
Please go back to the old way.

2- The brushes: Muscle, snake, and tips don't work or very very badly

- Painting room -
3- The option "more in the cavities and less in the cavities do not work.
And many more in this part.

Thank you and congratulations for all your work.

 

What is wrong with navigation? Please explain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What am I doing wrong? Is the Clay brush supposed to work with alpha?
Thank you.

You can see the clay brush with an alpha, but that is the result.
image.thumb.png.17ac4ee9a631454f992d43ee779005ab.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

image.png.9f9ccb23c256ab5f1d80e8af569c124e.png this looks so bad that I don't believe this is 2021 maybe 2001 

 

too much waste of space and I can't resize this side bar.. 

image.png 

but think the new 3dcoat is much faster than the old 4.9 even on my old pc  !

 

Edited by tcwik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

erm i like 3d coat i really do , the sculpting is excellent

but i wont be buying 2021 or upgrading 

its not buggy at all but i really hate the process of doing anything..

for example the low poly modelling is just way over complicated in order to just make a simple shape you need to spend a while doing it,

the sculpting is nice but when you look at zbrush which is only double the price and life time updates and the amount of features it has in comparison 

each update should be adding things to make our lives easier not more stressful, the ui looks quite out dated please for the love of god simplify the software you're adding tools without explanation on how to use them when you look at things like micropoly for fish scales ,i would have to individually do each scale of 3d coat ,i quite disappointed because i was expecting something more professional especially as it wont be a free update 

Edited by Elemeno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tcwik said:

 

image.png.9f9ccb23c256ab5f1d80e8af569c124e.png this looks so bad that I don't believe this is 2021 maybe 2001

 

First of all, I used 2021 only for a couple of hours, but, at the moment, I like that idea: I could close some panels, because those icons open the same and I can save space.
I need more time with that, but it's not so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thinkinmonkey said:

First of all, I used 2021 only for a couple of hours, but, at the moment, I like that idea: I could close some panels, because those icons open the same and I can save space.
I need more time with that, but it's not so bad.

I think this is a useful panel, but it would be better as a mouse pop under with a certain keypress.  It would be far more useful that way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×