Jump to content
3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2021 Open Beta test !


Recommended Posts

  • Member

@Andrew Shpagin hi Andrew, tried fresh install of 3d coat, restarted machine, I still cannot add a primative to the modelling or retopo rooms, only in the sculpt room. But my occlusion baking issue is solved by @Yousung - if I hide the sculpt room objects in the sculpt room, then calculate occlusion, it bakes fine and there is no longer any crashing - but to confirm, hide voxels in paint room has no impact on the issue. The object must be hidden in the sculpt room to stop the error and crashing. Same when baking lights. thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, oah1981 said:

@Andrew Shpagin hi Andrew, tried fresh install of 3d coat, restarted machine, I still cannot add a primative to the modelling or retopo rooms, only in the sculpt room. But my occlusion baking issue is solved by @Yousung - if I hide the sculpt room objects in the sculpt room, then calculate occlusion, it bakes fine and there is no longer any crashing - but to confirm, hide voxels in paint room has no impact on the issue. The object must be hidden in the sculpt room to stop the error and crashing. Same when baking lights. thanks

The crash is fixed in build 02 (in first page). But the retopo models problem still can't reproduce. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, SERGYI said:

1. You can always enable "High DPI" mode in "3DCoat":
Go to "3DCoat" executable file "C:\Program Files\3DCoat-V2021.02\3DCoatGL64.exe" > [RMB] Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings > High DPI scaling override >  set "Application"
Then run this "3DCoat" executable. Go to Edit > Preferences > Theme > Font Size > set "Large"
2. Please note that "TabletPC" mode is considered like the main tablet API for "3DCoat" in Windows. This is because Surface devices support only "TabletPC". The "WinTab" is considered a legacy.

We have reproduced the "offset problem". But only in "TabletPC" mode and only when "High DPI" mode is enabled. We will fix that.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Hi,

I have some brushing issues in V2021.02

Tablet: Huion Kamvas Pro 24'

Settings 1:

- 3DCoat - tablet interface: Win Tab

- Huion settings app - Windows Ink enabled

Result: no brushing at all

Settings 2:

- 3DCoat - tablet interface: TabletPC

- Huion settings app - Windows Ink enabled

Result: pressure and brushing works, but choppy as hell and unpredictable

Settings 3:

- 3DCoat - tablet interface: WinTab

- Huion settings app - Windows Ink disabled

Result: no brushing at all

 

Oh, and some issues with 3dconnexion  - laggy/choppy in default mode, works ok with API from 4.xx

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Mihu83 said:

Hi,

I have some brushing issues in V2021.02

Tablet: Huion Kamvas Pro 24'

Settings 1:

- 3DCoat - tablet interface: Win Tab

- Huion settings app - Windows Ink enabled

Result: no brushing at all

Settings 2:

- 3DCoat - tablet interface: TabletPC

- Huion settings app - Windows Ink enabled

Result: pressure and brushing works, but choppy as hell and unpredictable

Settings 3:

- 3DCoat - tablet interface: WinTab

- Huion settings app - Windows Ink disabled

Result: no brushing at all

 

Oh, and some issues with 3dconnexion  - laggy/choppy in default mode, works ok with API from 4.xx

 

I forwarded to the guy responsible for tablets support. Regarding 3DConnexion - go to preferences and try both approaches - old and new. Some of them should work.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
5 hours ago, linnos said:

Still crashes

Hey Andrew. Yes I am in the same boat as linnos. If I turn off the voxel sculpt object it will do the same thing as "Bake per-pixel (No Baking)" option. That does create a new paint mesh in paint room but no baking. All other baking options for micro vertex, normal map and displacement crash while the sculpt mesh is visible. This crash also occurs in 4.9.75.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13.07.21 3DCoat-2021.03

- Symmetry issues fixed (Chiesel, etc).

- Rotation around camera origin improved - no z - flickering, much faster camera tracking with MMB.

- Build tool in voxels restored.

- Import tool draws in empty space beyond the model (as in 4.9).

- Flatten invert action done.

- Projector updates parameters changes correctly in incrementally rendering mode.

- Copy&Subtract works correctly via menu.

- Correct primitives scale and position in retopo/modeling is scaled scenes.

At the first page link is correct (and was correct), the problem was on mirror downloads. 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Does 3D coat generate a crash log anywhere?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Just found it Carlosan. Thanks. Not sure what I am looking for though concerning my crashing issue while trying to bake in the retoporoom. I do see alot of UI identifier(s) missing. "CameraInWorldCenter" not found, "CameraFor2DPaint" not found, "IMPORT_VDB_OBJECT" not found, "StartObjTransform3D" not found. Also image files that it can't load. Can't save file "data/Temp/id53968/TextureCache/Normalmap_173428_Default_color.png" is in the log as well. Not sure if it helps with crash "bake to normal map"

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Contributor
57 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Rotation around camera origin improved - no z - flickering, much faster camera tracking with MMB.

- Build tool in voxels restored.

- Import tool draws in empty space beyond the model (as in 4.9).

- Flatten invert action done.

Rotation around camera origin works fine now, thanks !
So does drawing in empty space with import tool !

-Build tool has no effect whatsoever, what am I doing wrong ?
-same with flatten invert, no effect.

(See video below)

Now, when watching the video, notice how the little camera icon vanished each time during a stroke ? I find that very, very distracting. am I the only one who is annoyed by this ?
I just can't get used to it.
Also, I would like to have a light colour in the background on top of the screen, but the toolbar makes it not practical : the icons are difficult to differenciate against light background :
image.thumb.png.707885964b31bcfb1e16dbc76f7026af.png

 


Also, I notice that now when you set a projector from stencil, the display updates instantly in the 3d viewport, whereas before you had to move the camera a bit to see the changes. Is that what was fixed ?
Because, if that is the case, there are still other cases when you don't see a change occur in the 3d viewport until you move your camera.
Sadly, the only one I can think of at the moment is when you change the colour of the background. but there are other cases, I'm sure.

another type of situation when the display does not update in real time is when you navigate in the render room with a 3d mouse.
you have to click with the mouse at the same time as you navigate, otherwise the display just does not follow until you stop and click with mouse.
Here in the first half of the following video, I navigate with LMB down, then I let go of it and continue navigating :

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Contributor

here is a novel (I think?) idea to deal with the clutter (rather than removing "duplicate" tools).

What if Coat recorded your use of tools over time ?
after a while (let's say 50 hours of active use), a new button would appear in the UI (prominent, but in a corner, it could appear with a flash, some lighting effect, to make sure people notice it).
When you press that button, the tools you never used vanish, and the ones you seldom use are a bit greyed out.
In the menus, items do not vanish, but the ones you have not used are a bit dimmed.

When you need an "archived" tool, press the button again to make everything visible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

To the Devs. I have to say the brush performance and screen performance with hi res meshes is fantastic. The brushes also feel much better with behavior that is more natural and expected. IMO. Nice work.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member

Pushing Blob, Sphere and 2D Paint to my machines limit. I was able to reach around 55 mil tris on a single layer which is cool.

No problems with any of the above but a question:

When I reached 55mil tries, normally 3d Coat was lagging, so I thought I should create a new vox layer, delete the 55 mil layer and keep experimenting but the lag was still there hence the question:

Is there a way to tell 3D Coat to relax without starting a new project?

In my case after deleting the heavy layer the only thing I tried is clearing all caches which didnt really help much and I'm not that experienced to find any other solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member
6 hours ago, ebitz said:

To the Devs. I have to say the brush performance and screen performance with hi res meshes is fantastic. The brushes also feel much better with behavior that is more natural and expected. IMO. Nice work.

Agreed. I'm trying to do stupid things on very high poly meshes just to test and so far so good.

I managed to get a crash by trying to split a 75mil surface object only :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member

Hello,

I found a bug when using the Activity bar. When I target an option that hovers over the viewport. The UI disappears before I can click something. That only happens when I'm not in fullscreen mode. The activity bar is -for me- impossible to use outside of the full screen.

UIBug.thumb.png.fd76778ec1b59cf5cb2f807385bde8b9.png

 

Proxy Slider: 

Proxyslider/Restore Icon on Objekt that was reduced/decimated is missing. Only able to restore via Geometry -> Caching. 

Using Version 2021.01

 

At this point, I would also like to say a big thank you. 3D Coat looks so much more professional and the brushes feel great. And your pricing policy is absolutely fair.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ebitz said:

Hey Andrew. Yes I am in the same boat as linnos. If I turn off the voxel sculpt object it will do the same thing as "Bake per-pixel (No Baking)" option. That does create a new paint mesh in paint room but no baking. All other baking options for micro vertex, normal map and displacement crash while the sculpt mesh is visible. This crash also occurs in 4.9.75.

Sergyi works over that Linux crash, it is not easy because we can't reproduce it. Probably he will install the same Linux image and try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Daffyd said:

Hello,

I found a bug when using the Activity bar. When I target an option that hovers over the viewport. The UI disappears before I can click something. That only happens when I'm not in fullscreen mode. The activity bar is -for me- impossible to use outside of the full screen.

UIBug.thumb.png.fd76778ec1b59cf5cb2f807385bde8b9.png

 

Proxy Slider: 

Proxyslider/Restore Icon on Objekt that was reduced/decimated is missing. Only able to restore via Geometry -> Caching. 

Using Version 2021.01

 

At this point, I would also like to say a big thank you. 3D Coat looks so much more professional and the brushes feel great. And your pricing policy is absolutely fair.

Thanks a lot! It happens if you hover the mouse outside the activity area. Of course it is bug to be fixed, but there is a workaround - don't move the mouse outside.

And in 04 the Cache/Uncache will be restored.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...