3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2021 Open Beta test !

20 minutes ago, Barrel said:

Updating the program is still not available because the site does not work correctly. And the discounts are counting down. It's not fair.

Can you please describe your problem and I will try to help you.

• Advanced Member

I still have issues with AO/Curvature baking, I notticed the TilePlane wireframe pattern has changed but the problem is still here

To reproduce :
- Open the Tile Plane (for texturing/painting, not sculpting)
- Use any brush with depth and paint largely, everywhere, to get relief (the bigger the relief, the easier to spot will be the bake issue)
- Bake AO with default settings and turn it's blend mode to normal, then, look at the middle of the plane, near edges and you'll see subtle "cuts" everywhere
- Same for Curvature, with default settings (I tried the padding independent mode too and it fails as well). Turn on curvature layer to see what happens : middle of the plane gets the highest issue, you can also spot less visible ones the more you look further this middle edge

This said, I
 can confirm that the brush painting issue is fixed (which is cool ;))

have issue with baking w normalmap.3021.06 (learning)  version

1 basik sphere in sculpt room

2 autoretopo and uv in retopo room

3 after bake with normal map i have this artefacts and no mesh in hidden areas. 

this workflow works good in 4.9.65

images.png

On 7/13/2021 at 6:13 PM, SERGYI said:

1. You can always enable "High DPI" mode in "3DCoat":
Go to "3DCoat" executable file "C:\Program Files\3DCoat-V2021.02\3DCoatGL64.exe" > [RMB] Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings > High DPI scaling override >  set "Application"
Then run this "3DCoat" executable. Go to Edit > Preferences > Theme > Font Size > set "Large"
2. Please note that "TabletPC" mode is considered like the main tablet API for "3DCoat" in Windows. This is because Surface devices support only "TabletPC". The "WinTab" is considered a legacy.

Thank you! TabletPC could be renamed to "TabletPC (Windows Ink, standard)" or something like that. Most likely many artists know instantly that this is right. That would make everything a bit clearer :)

This was to my memory one of the most helpful comments here for me so far over the years. Thanks again. All scales perfectly now.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 3:04 PM, linnos said:

@SERGYII recorded a video of the issue attached to this comment if that helps. I'm running PopOS Cosmic which is based off of the latest ubuntu 21.04 I believe. AMD GPU and CPU.

2021-07-14 07-55-35.mkv

On my Ubuntu 20.04 with CPU i7 and GPU AMD Radeon Pro 555 the "Bake w/ Normal Map" works (no crash). I have tried to install Ubuntu 21.04 but it doesn't start after installation.

1 hour ago, SERGYI said:

On my Ubuntu 20.04 with CPU i7 and GPU AMD Radeon Pro 555 the "Bake w/ Normal Map" works (no crash). I have tried to install Ubuntu 21.04 but it doesn't start after installation.

It has to be an issue with Ubuntu 21.04 then. What are the next steps to try and fixing the problem if you can't install 21.04?

1 hour ago, linnos said:

It has to be an issue with Ubuntu 21.04 then. What are the next steps to try and fixing the problem if you can't install 21.04?

Because of the new LLVM I would like to install Ubuntu 21.04 regardless since it doesn't start after installation on my machine. But it will take some time to understand how to do that.

1 hour ago, SERGYI said:

Because of the new LLVM I would like to install Ubuntu 21.04 regardless since it doesn't start after installation on my machine. But it will take some time to understand how to do that.

I had an issue after installing 21.04 where I could log in, but it would be a black screen. Reddit was able to figure out what that solution to that problem. Is your issue similar?

• Advanced Member
On 7/14/2021 at 8:47 PM, Andrew Shpagin said:

Huge thanks to everyone for participation! I started the thread dedicated to 2021 development. I posted the newest build there.

https://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/25785-3dcoat-2021-development-thread/

Thank you for this awesome software!

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2021 at 10:37 PM, linnos said:

I had an issue after installing 21.04 where I could log in, but it would be a black screen. Reddit was able to figure out what that solution to that problem. Is your issue similar?

No. Just black screen after EFI. No errors from GRUB. Google finds other users with the same problem after installing 21.04.

• 1 month later...