3DCoat Forums

3D Coat - 2021 Open Beta - Unable to open - Windows Pro 10

Steve_S

3DCOAT | ERROR MESSAGE | UPON STARTUP

3DCoatGL64.exe - Bad Image

——————————————————————————————

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\OpenCL.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. 

Try installing the program again using the original installation media 

or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Error status 0xc00012f.

OPERATING SYSTEM(S) SPECIFICATIONS

Computer: Apple iMac 27-inch - Late 2012

Operating System: Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7

Processor: Intel ® Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz 3.39 GHz

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Version 20H2 - x64-based System

Running within: Parallels Desktop® Pro Edition For Mac - Version 16.1.3  (a virtual machine)

VIRTUAL MACHINE SPECIFICATIONS

Edition: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional

System Type: 64-bit operating system - x64-based processor

Version: 20H2

Installed on: ‎07/‎03/‎2020

OS Build: 19042.867

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

My current activity to attempt resolve this issue:

1. I copied and pasted the most updated version of opencl.dll into my Windows/System32 folder.

2. I uninstalled 3DCoat 2021 Beta using the 3DCoat uninstaller.

3. I re-installed 3DCoat 2021 Beta which, at the end of the installation, indicated that it was a successful installation.

4. I rebooted Windows 10 Pro.

5. After returning to the Windows desktop, I attempted to launch 3DCoat, but the error message shown in my first post (above this post) appeared.

Any suggestions from those who may be able to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to your response(s).

Thank you for your response and for the file download link, animk.

I downloaded the non-CL version, attempted to install it, which resulted in the following error messages:

1ST ERROR MESSAGE

3DCoatGL64-noCL.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because tbb.dll was not found.

Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

2ND ERROR MESSAGE

3DCoatGL64-noCL.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because libiomp5md.dll was not found.

Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

My question is - is there an online resource where I can get those (missing) files, insert them into my Windows/System32 folder (assuming that that is where they're supposed to be placed) and attempt another installation?

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Advanced Member

3DCoatGL64-noCL.exe  doesn't work for me either.  Have you tried 3DCoatGL64-noCL-noAVX.exe ?  Some ppl says it works for win 10 too while the original 3DCoatGL64..exe doesn't work.  It works for me on Lubuntu (a very lightweight, easy to install Linux distro)

I don't know where to get those missing files.  I still don't think is a good idea to run 3d coat in Virtual Machine

Try dual booting Windows/OS X, or Lunix/OS X, then install 3dcoat directly in the operating system, or wait for the Mac version.

Edited by animk

Thanks again for your response, animk.

I know for a fact that a dual boot process is not possible with the software that I'm currently using. 

Parallels Desktop can only operate AFTER the macOS is fully up & running. 

There is no need to re-boot when working within either operating system. The enduser simply chooses the desired application window and begins working in it.

In fact, if the enduser desires, there’s an option available called coherence that allows working within both operating systems at once - dragging and dropping files into desired locations ( individual application windows). The end-user can honestly forget which operating system they’re working in with that option enabled. It’s really quite seamless. As a beta-tester, this particular setup is very useful to have when comparing software application behavior.

FYI, I am currently running 3D-Coat Version 4.9.72 (DX64) within Parallels Desktop, so I can confirm that it does function & behave as intended. However the 3D-Coat GL version does not run so perhaps some answer(s) can be derived from that behavior.

With all of that said, I'm still curious if the placement of those missing files (in the correct location) would resolve my issue.

Perhaps some other knowledgeable endusers may have some helpful suggestions.