3DCoat Forums

How to convert displacement map data to mesh data?

Grimmy

• Advanced Member

I have my low poly mesh with a displacement map which looks nice and bumpy in 3d coat, but I want to get this into a game engine that does not support displacement maps.

So, I guess that I need to convert the displacement data into a new sculpt mesh that I can retopo; how can I do this? Or maybe there is another way.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by Grimmy

Hi, hope this help

On 1/30/2019 at 8:39 PM, AbnRanger said:

If you are in Micro-Vertex mode, you can go to the FILE Menu > EXPORT > High Poly Mesh. That will bake the displacement down to the mesh. I wish Andrew would add this to Per Pixel Painting mode, as well.

• 2 months later...

Hi support,

I watched the supplied link from above.  Got a little lost.

Essentially, what the original poster is asking for is very similar to this video, yes?

Load a greyscale texture map, click 1 button, have it convert/build displacement detailed data.  Export model with new enhanced displacement geometry.

I'm looking to do exactly the same thing, as in that ZBrush vid.. are there any ways of doing the same thing in current or tomorrow's release of 3DCoat?

quick 1 click geometry enhancements (I'm looking to improve 3D scan geometry, using the texture map from the 3D scan capture process)

thanks!!!