3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Noob Retopology room question.

Callak

• Advanced Member

So, I found a flaw in my mesh I wanted to fix:
397090636_Screenshot2021-04-1909_23_51.thumb.png.8dff5e8d6f239cafebf0f3aebdb5891b.png

So I went to the Retopology room and tweaked it:
752173205_Screenshot2021-04-1909_38_15.thumb.png.d93c5402cff2bc4f5be43ff54160e4b7.png

Now that I fixed it in the Retopology room, though, I'm not sure which method I should use to export it to the paint room while preserving as much of the paint job as possible, I've tried a couple, but they all completely reordered the UVs so that the paint job is all askew.   I could use some advice on the next step to take.

Hello

Retopo room is used to retopo sculpt mesh, then create uvs and bake retopo model to Paint Room

UV and Paint Room work together. Any necessary UVs modifications to any Paint mesh must be done on UV room,

after apply the new UVs, paint layer are automatically reprojected without losing any detail.

For your current workflow I think this tutorial will be helpful

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member

That video seems to be completely devoted to how to use retopology, which was the wrong room for me to work in apparently to solve my little issue, so it doesn't help me.  I just need to get rid of that sharp piece on the wing bone.   The problem is I don't think I have figured out how to select edges in the UV room.   Once I know how to do that, I can try to use relax, or manually manipulate the mesh a little.   When I click on edges it just sets my seams or removes them.   I don't understand how to select for modification?   EDIT: Never mind, UV Path I think?  EDIT2: Nope relax didn't seem to change anything, and I don't seem to see any way to manipulate those edges by hand here.

Edited by Callak

• Advanced Member

That fixes the UV.   I need to fix the mesh itself.  It turns out that what I needed to do was use the shift tool in the Tweak room. Sorry if I was confusing.
597819691_Screenshot2021-04-1913_31_03.thumb.png.ed183d00a73877ec8c2ae5c93716778e.png

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Noob Retopology room question.