3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Imported 4m long fbx from Blender for retopo tiny

Sqwert

I'am importing a 4x2m fbx mesh from Blender for Retopo .

When imported its tiny (using applink gives the same result)

The auto retopo on a 600k polygon mesh resulted in a 40 polygon mesh...

The applinked mesh seems to have been decimated before the autorepoto

topo.png

I sometimes find things come in at an unexpected scale. I suspect this is just because of inconsistent scale systems between various programs. I find that usually if I scale the model up in 3DC, work on it, then save. It loads correctly on the original program. So I suggest doing a test, with this model or another one. Load it, scale it up, save it back out as a copy, and see if the copy loads correctly in your other program.

Only seem to have trouble when importing meshes for retopo, be it using applink from blender or using the retopo menu at the start.

Have been ending objects back for forth for days for UVíng

Only the retopo is giving grief.

For hand retopo I import using "perpixel painting", which works fine.

1.png

1 hour ago, philnolan3d said:

I sometimes find things come in at an unexpected scale. I suspect this is just because of inconsistent scale systems between various programs. I find that usually if I scale the model up in 3DC, work on it, then save. It loads correctly on the original program. So I suggest doing a test, with this model or another one. Load it, scale it up, save it back out as a copy, and see if the copy loads correctly in your other program.

No, the scale is always the same from Blender imported as fbx or using the applink. Its only when importing for autopo that 3DCoat reduces the size X0.01

2 hours ago, philnolan3d said:

My guess is the units set are being ignored when importing for autopo. And you can call me "Bruce" if Iám wrong :)

Edited by Sqwert

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Imported 4m long fbx from Blender for retopo tiny