3DCoat Forums

【Suggest】Can`t Different Room use Different hotKEY???

• Reputable Contributor
2 hours ago, pjwaixingren said:

Can`t Different Room use Different hotKEY???

I use the "K" key set to the Painter Room .But when i press the "K" key at  Retopo Room will jump to the Painter Room~~!!

That is what it is supposed to do.  If you assign a hotkey to jump to a specific room, it will do just that, from any room/workspace.

• Advanced Member

I think with all the functionality and the limited keys available, 3D Coat will need a more robust hotkey system.

There should be options for global hotkeys that work regardless of what room you're in, and context sensitive hotkeys based on what room you're in and NVIL should be referenced in terms of how it will allow you to turn any key into a modifier key...so instead of relying on shift, ctrl and alt, you can set any keyboard button to be a modifier and have different actions depending on whether you press LMB, MMB, RMB, etc.

This would also solve the issue of people complaining about too many clicks to do thing in the modeling room, since you could map several tools into a few more robust tools that minimize the number of clicks and tool changes need to do something.   @haikalle was doing something cool with one of the retopo tools that was like that.  Better to put the flexibility in the users hands to make robust tools like that instead of trying to please everyone with a particular implementation. 

Edited by gbball
  • Like 1