3DCoat Forums

[Bug] Artifacts, bugs and usability -Steam version 4.9.60

Marlo

Hello! 

I'm trying to have some fun with 3D Coat (4.9.60, Steam Version). Bought the professional version around 2 years ago. Mainly because Retopo but also because the cut of boolean operations look really fun. However I've never really done a finished project in 3D Coat because everytime I try it out to model something I get weird artifacts. Using the vox hide tool f.e. it cuts different every time I redo the operation. Shouldn't it be a reliable operation? It feels weird to me and gives me unwanted results so I have to redo until it gets the cut as predicted. Not to speak of bugs like unwanted geometry appears when doing certain operations, for example seperating the hidden geometry. Last time even a layer just disappered and I've no idea if it was a bug or a mistake because I don't know what I did. 

Is it just my version? Is it me? Or 3D Coat? 

My PC: GTX 970, I5-4690K, 32gb RAM DDR3

What I know: set object to global space when it is non uniform scaling. 
Do I have enough geometry to perform operations like this? Around 1.5mil traingles.

What am I doing wrong?

PS: Using the closed Spline tools and this is not related to a specific project I do. I get this experience everytime I use 3D Coat. 

Hi 

Yes it is a know bug. 

Until it gets fixed I'd advice to save before you loose more then wished. What also helps is to DEL the hidden part once you have Objectified them. Seems like there is something unwanted going on.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Artifacts, bugs and usability
9 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Hi 

Yes it is a know bug. 

Until it gets fixed I'd advice to save before you loose more then wished. What also helps is to DEL the hidden part once you have Objectified them. Seems like there is something unwanted going on.

Thanks for the answer but my experience I wrote down here is more or less the experience since I've bought it. That means this "bug" is around for some time now and I kinda feel like I bought broken software for 300 €. Seeing its potential isn't enough. Is there any plans to fix this in the future? I mean for the old 3d Coat, not 2021.

8 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

It is always advisable to use the latest version available, 4.9.60 is an old version. 

The 2021 Version is not a free update. So you leave steam users on an old major version which doesn't work?

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Artifacts, bugs and usability -Steam version 4.9.60