3DCoat Forums

How do I enter my key or the security code ?

michaelws

I successfully installed 2021 after paying to upgrade.  But when I open it shows"(learning)" after the RC3 at the top left.  So I am assuming my key has not been entered and or the security code that I received in my email after purchasing the upgrade.  Under the "help" tab it shows "Uninstall License" and "Show My Key."

When I click on Show My Key it seems to do nothing.

So what is happening here?  How do I register this upgrade so that it is not in the "learning" and therefore limited mode?

Thanks for any help with this.

• Carlosan changed the title to How do I enter my key or the security code ?
  • Advanced Member
50 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Hi 

If you login on the website, all your current licenses are listed there.

Hey there Carlos,

I have pro licenses for both v4 and v2021 on steam but cannot figure out how to use them since I cant find a copy paste serial option. 

I sent an email to support at pilgway.com. I hope its the correct email cause previously (some years ago for v4 ) I sent an email to support at 3dcoat.com and Andrew himself replied and I didnt want to bother him this time :)

• Advanced Member
Just now, Carlosan said:

This popup is not showed ?

image_2021-07-13_131032.png

Pop up shows but my login does not work. My license on here website is Edu only. I purchased pro few months ago being excited about 2021 and didnt want any limitations.

So I think those licenses need to be transferred to here somehow first for the login to work.

and previously I was able to copy paste the serial but I cant figure out how now.

and I dont know about any license file to load.

Can you login to pilgway.com site ? 

Yepkoo said:

when you come back to 3DCoat site, I seem to be logged in. There are 2 different sites. Login with google on pilgway.com is working.

I'm not sure, but friends who have problems with the site can try pilgway.com instead of 3dcoat.com.

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Can you login to pilgway.com site ? 

Yepkoo said:

when you come back to 3DCoat site, I seem to be logged in. There are 2 different sites. Login with google on pilgway.com is working.

I'm not sure, but friends who have problems with the site can try pilgway.com instead of 3dcoat.com.

Yes I can login to both. And both show my previous v4edu license only.

4 minutes ago, co3Darts said:

Having similar problem.  3dcoat website sees my license but I can't check the box to use that license key for upgrade. 

3dcoat_AddLicIssue.jpg

Login to pilgway site.

click on your user icon at top and click upgrade, it should add to cart.

5 minutes ago, MarkC said:

Don't select the 3dcoat product, just click your user (man) top right and click the upgrade button (on Pilgway site).

This procedure doesn't show me an upgrade dropdown or right lick menu.  I takes me to https://pilgway.com/member/profile which is LICENSES/ACCOUNTS.  My license is listed but there is no upgrade button in my Top Right Icon or next to license??  Super confusing.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, MarkC said:

My new license shows in my account as 3DCoat Individual rather than 3DCoatV4 Professional.

What I mean are the serial numbers themselves. I have a pro STEAM serial that works for version 4. I also have another steam serial that looks different and I cant figure out if it works because there is no paste in version 2021 so far :)

I've tried to get upgrade on 3 differernt days.  First was when it was to be released then not.  Then waited till the official release yesterday.  Couldn't then and today I can get just the 20 days discount but not upgrade my v4 professional license.  Stupid and I'm about to throw in the towel.

44 minutes ago, MarkC said:

That is strange, mine had an upgrade button on the left and a download button on the right for my old license.

We are several users to get this problem. I have exactly the same problem too with my 2 V4 PRO licences I can't select to upgrade to V2021. Others users have this issue too.  The webmaster is working on this issue. I would advice to wait further instructions from Pilgway team and not trying random manipulations. Some users even paid for an upgrade to V2021 which has been canceled today and their money refund because of bugs. Another user is using a floating license instead of a node lock licence he bought. Many bugs and mistakes in this upgrade...

I think V2021 never should has been released yesterday, the website is clearly not ready. Hopefully, we will get our upgrades soon once the V4 licences problems are solved.

3DCoat is one of the best 3D software for creation, by far. But the website seem a little bit...buggy :-)

Edited by pgibouin
  • Like 1

Hi, hope this help

2 hours ago, Yepkoo said:

Edit:

Now I realized, I can login to pilgway.com site, when I come back to 3dcoat site, I seem to be logged in. I think there are 2 different sites. Login with google on pilgway.com is working.

6 minutes ago, co3Darts said:

Are you sure you had your v4 Pro license discount or did you only get the regular within 20 day discount?  How much did you pay?

£80 pounds

It shows the normal upgrade price struck out and the offer price, which I paid.

It was actually cheaper than I was expecting.....:D

Edited by MarkC
  • Like 1