3DCoat Forums

Applink availability

MkIII

With 2DCoat 2021, only the Blender Applink is available for download. What happened to the Modo plug-in & others?

Just as a sidenote: The Blender plug-in seems to work fine with Blender 2.93.1. 

The  current Modo plugin (V3.0.2 / 3.0.3 depending on who you believe) however,  fails to retrieve data after "open in original app" is used in 3DC V2021.01 or 3DC V2021.02. This version is of course not being made available for Download, as with any of the other apps apart from Blender. 

Using the exact same export settings and Modo plugin, the export & retrieval in Modo works as adverstised, using 3DC V4.9.74 

Bug in 3dc?

Edited by MkIII
addl info

Right now none of the applinks (other then for Blender) have been updated for the latest versions of their applicable software. Pilgway needs to contact script authors to ask them to update the applinks every so often, but its been a while since they've done that. The Blender applink is a special case because it's being updated on a completely volunteer basis.

I have a 70% complete update of the 3DSMax applink I could finish up for release, and have said before I'd be happy to update/re-write the Maya applink, but haven't heard anything from Pilgway Staff.

• Thanks 3