3DCoat Forums

2021 Sculpt Performance Question...

Koray

• Advanced Member

Hey there,

I'm playing around with v2021 especially in the sculpt room, trying to reach very high polys experimenting with the brushes and all.

As a result 3D Coat starts to slow down or lag normally after reaching many millions. When that happens I would add a new layer so I can delete the one with millions, but when I start to work on that new empty layer the lag remains although everything else is deleted. The only way I found to start fast and fresh is to start a new document.

My question is; is there anything else we can do to increase the performance instead of starting anew?

Just to be clear, I reach high polys for experimenting and on purpose to see how much my pc can handle. Not working on anything of value or importance.

Thanks,

Edited by Koray
typo

• Carlosan changed the title to 2021 Sculpt Performance Question...
  • Advanced Member

core

1 hour ago, Carlosan said:

Could you please post your comp specs ? Thx

i9, 64gig Ram, 1080ti - Dual monitor one is 1080p, 3DCoat runs on 1440p - Wacom intuos - Windows 10

Here are the steps:

- Start 3dCoat v2021.3 - Voxel sculpting - Empty canvas - Turn on Symmetry - CUDA on.

- Use Sphere and 2D Paint tools randomly. In this case - Current obj. tris: 65Mil, fps: 90-100 (I can still draw with sphere tool moving slowly 67.8 mil.) 

- Add a new Vox layer

- Delete the previous layer with 67.8 Million Tris. takes a few seconds to delete. (Blue windows circle showed up. Thought it was going to crash but didnt)

- Try Sphere and/or 2D Paint tools again on the new empty layer (Zero Tris).

- You will see what I mean by the lag.

-Edit: Go to file/new and you can go crazy again.

Again, I'm not complaining or reporting a bug. Was experimenting and I thought maybe there is a way to free pc resources that I dont know about so just asking.

Edited by Koray
edit

• 4 months later...
  • Advanced Member
19 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

@Koray Can you try the new version on another computer ?

I cant. I only have one PC. I also own Zbrush and SPainter. Been a very long time zbrush user. Liked 3dCoat years ago because of how cool some of the sculpting tools were back then. Even purchased videos of Anton, Fuad and some others to learn better. Then decided to purchase pro because of adobe you know :D

You can check out my work and then I believe you'll understand why I'm very very upset:

https://www.artstation.com/koray 

Thanks for all your help. Cheers :thank_you: