3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] Exporter to FBX or OBJ is broken on 2021 if sharpen mesh is ON at export

Using Maya 2020.4 and 3DC 2021.0.2 (New Release).  I tested exporting to FBX and OBJ from the paint room to open in Maya.  I get proper textures but the geometry is garbled up badly.   I made a voxel to surface geo and exported straight from sculpt room with some decimation and that exports fine to fbx and obj.  But from the paint room for some reason it's a mess.  Haven't changed but a few hotkeys in 3dc 2021.  This is using the export constructor btw.

I can send the 3DC and Maya files if needed to support but they are a bit bigger than the allowed 44mb.

3dc - Shader Ball.jpg

Maya - Shader Ball.jpg

3dc robot 2021.3b.jpg

Maya - Robot imported Geo.jpg

I exported the paint room 3dc robot from 4.9.73 and it exported to fbx and obj just fine.  Not the case obviously in for me in 3DCoat-V2021.02.

Is there perhaps a preference or export option I have goofed up in 20201?  I tested thoroughly before posting in the BUGS section.I set texture res in 3DC to 512x512 and used default shader ball.  Uploaded the maya binary and 3dc 2021.2 file below.

Thanks for taking a look.

Jason

3DCv2021.2 shader ball 2021.3b

3DCv2021.2 shader ball 2021.3b.jpg

fm3DC-2021 shader ball.mb

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Exporter to FBX or OBJ is broken on 2021 if sharpen mesh is ON at export
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] Exporter to FBX or OBJ is broken on 2021 if sharpen mesh is ON at export