3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

• Reputable Contributor
8 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

I uploaded build 34 that solves stamp and symmetry issues

Thanks.

This looks interesting.  Added To Uniform Color effect to the Textures/Adjust menu that converts the layer texture to uniform, you can use Overlay or Modulate2x to blend the layer with the color of the layers below, and combine multiple textures.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 9:48 AM, Daffyd said:

Hey ho,

found some issues:

QuickAccess

Add preset to QuickAccess slots doesnt work. After choosing the Slot X Nothing happens to the Quick Panel
I am only able to add the Default Tools in QuickAccess 

Modeling unlinked Sculpt Mesh issue 2021.25:

1 create a Primitive (PolyGroup1), 
2 mesh -> sculpt mesh -> unlink -> PolyGroup1_unlinked is created
3 create new PolyGroup2
4 do the same like PolyGroup1 -> only PolyGroup1 creates copies of itself or nothing happens but every time PolyGroup2_unlinked never will be created

In another project, all previous unlinked sculpt meshes disappear as soon as I create a new one. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce that. And it's not undo-able.

But important is, this bug makes the Modeling-Sculpt Mesh Feature unusable :(

Unlink Sculpt Mesh has been fixed, you can try the fix in the next nightly build

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Reputable Contributor

Windows version: 2021.34 

Thanks for stopping the disappearing and reappearing of Perspective and Orthographic view icons related to our brush stroke.  They remain static now.

In the middle of fixing some major bugs, you take the time do these little things. 

A Shout out with many thanks! :clapping:

When using a set of (new) curves and the 'Fill with Mesh Layer' functionality, there's no global response to tool parameter changes;
The changes are applied only to the first curve-linked surface patch from the selected set.

It would be nice to be able to influence a whole set of curve-linked meshes at the same time.

Edited by kt2
Clarifying

• Advanced Member

Curve editor option "on plane" not work as the means. (draw curve in modeling room )

I expect all curve points auto locate on 2d plane which user defined when the option is checked. 

But 3d coat generate curve as if I locate curve point along with view (I really do not know how 3d coat decide the point local depth position with view)

I set palne as XY plane  so all point of curve need to be on the XYplane, but not.  Though I can change each point xyz value, with the option, or can set plane with points. but it is not good procedure, to draw curve easy on the world plane. (just need to draw curve on xy, or yz, or xz to apply surface curve tools)

I think, these curve tool option setting (plane setting)  may better separate from each surface curve tool (Polyhedron or Surface swept etc).  because we draw curve with curve editor, then apply each curve as we need for each curve surface tool. we need curve option panel as same as tool option panel when we open curve editor, . then  hope 3d coat gather all option which used to draw curve. (then I set draw plane as curve option)

=====

To these on plane work, (for xy , xz, yz) It seems need to set camera view as those orthographic view (Front, buck, Right, Left etc) first. even though I set plane by 3 point, if I change camera angle, and draw curve , the curve not on the plane which I defined.  so do not think it can work with free view + defined plane by points.

Edited by tokikake

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Gorbatovsky said:

Yes, there is a question. I thought about how best to do it.
How do you suggest controlling the width?
Thank.

It will be different for each user.
What I thought after using it.

//
[ first ]
I think that adjusting the width with the mouse-wheel at a certain point is necessary for very fast control.
Simple, fast and convenient.
I'm looking at this feature very positively :)

[ second ]
The problem is that whenever you touch or adjust the point, the width of the existing Strip is deformed.
I think there should be a separate option to enable this function to be adjusted when needed. Like the current 'Width'.. (I have something to say about this.)

[ third ]
Considering that the numerical value of Width mentioned in [Second] is limited to '2~100'

This is thought to control the width as a percentage when it is first created on the screen, rather than representing the clear dimensions (= mm, cm, m..) of the actual strip.

This confused me.
It would be better to change the name so that you can clearly see that it is percentage control.

Personally, I think it would be better to use the scale graph function that Carlson showed.
If you use this function, I think you can adjust the strip width when not using ByKnots.

///

[ conclusion ]

I'm using a translator, so the content may look weird.
Here's an image of what i have described above.
I hope this helps developers.

Untitled-1.jpg.be2c4cdc8577dde7f5b6806675e817d4.jpg

width : the width of the clear strip like 'mm, cm, m'
scale : Adjust the overall ratio in width
+ scale Graph: Controls the curve width of the strip

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Windows version: 2021.34

I made an error several post back. I mentioned that the appearing and disappearing Perspective and Ortho icons remain static now.  I was using some other tools where they do remain static.

When brushing they still appear and disappear. That is an opps on my part. 

I called it OMM. Old man moment or a  UTS moment. User to Stupid. LOL...

When brushing if they can remain static that would be great...

On 8/21/2021 at 8:41 AM, artofcharly said:

Please add real-time editing =) for Scale in SweptNGen and etc.

3DCoat-2021-34 (reload)

- Real-time editing for Scale Graph of Swept in Modeling Room

- Fixed a bug where the Unlink Sculpt Mesh menu item detached only the first PolyGroup

• Like 3

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Gorbatovsky said:

It already works

To set the each polygon ,  use brush radius is simple for me. (to quick draw new Strip). Can not you make brush size visible when we draw Strip?

then adjust each point by options? at current I can see brush circle, but it not draw line with the brush radius  for new curve.

I expect,   As Yousung mentioned,  

1.   Brush size ( visible radius) decide default width of draw line.   when start draw. 

2.  adjust full curve scale by scale percentage  (so keep it as 1.00 or 100 keep the width as brush size which used when draw line) in tool option.

3.  adjust each point ,if we need.  (it seems already work for me though)

And I found some un-stable behavor, when curve editor activated. I must close the curve editor tool and some times change tool to other and return to the Surface strip, to start draw. or it do nothing.

Edited by tokikake

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, Gorbatovsky said:

It already works

And I hope to change  control point counts, after draw line,, (as future request).

At current  this tool offer Byknots option to control more. but 

activate Byknots >> we can not change U span anymore 

disable Byknots >> we can not adjust width for each U grid

ideally control points auto generate and follow each grid when we change U span.

1.  we draw curve.   then auto generate controll points follow the curve

2 .   we may hope to decide controll point density = U span. 

at current U span = U grid counts not same as controll points.. 

if ByKnots option auto add new control points which follow each segments which change U span,  (so always  U count = control point count), then adjust each control point, 

this tool really enhanced more I feel... though it is really easy powerful tool I like it,, but how mix use Byknots option  is still try and error for me..  

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic