3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

9 hours ago, Евгений said:

Привязка в смарт ретопо постоянно размазывает сетку

Спасибо за сообщение. Привязку немного доработал. Нормали при снапинге ориентируются перпендикулярно экрану. Ждите 43 релиз.

• Thanks 1

14 часов назад Горбатовский сказал:

Спасибо за сообщение. Привязку немного доработал. Нормали при снапинге ориентируются перпендикулярно экрану. Ждите 43 релиз.

Спасибо . А можно еще добавить инструмент смарт ретоп в комнату моделинг , а то в пресетах он в данной комнате не работает . Просто я много его использую в создании декора и тут же правлю формы стандартными инструментами в комнате моделинга . Просто , чтобы не прыгать по комнатам . Или , его можно добавить самому и я просто этого не нахожу ? Данным инструментом классно набрасывать форму , хотя он и не для этого создан .

1.jpg

Безымянный.jpg

14 часов назад Горбатовский сказал:

Спасибо за сообщение. Привязку немного доработал. Нормали при снапинге ориентируются перпендикулярно экрану. Ждите 43 релиз.

И soft selection очень не хватает в комнате моделинга

3.jpg

10 minutes ago, Gorbatovsky said:

"Surface by 2 Views" is not enable  in the Z-Up coordinate system. I'm sorry.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Is it not possible to make it a viable option in the future?

Plenty of people work with a Z axis set up as the 'up' coordinate by default.
It's cumbersome to change one's coordinate setup just for the sake of using this one tool.

If the reason are the auto-generated X-Y-Z curves that appear when initiating the tool, would it not make sense to introduce a set of instructions re-arranging these curves' relationship when Z-Up system is detected?

01010.PNG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kt2 said:

Is it not possible to make it a viable option in the future?

In the future, we will certainly refine this tool.
And it's not just the curves. It is necessary to change the algorithm for constructing the kinematic surface.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gorbatovsky said:

In the future, we will certainly refine this tool.
And it's not just the curves. It is necessary to change the algorithm for constructing the kinematic surface.

Thanks - will be looking forward to the next iterations of the toolset.

Hello.

I have little question. When could we expect to fix brush pressure for the smooth tool (also Shift smooth)? I have this question because, when i use graphic tablet with pen, only smooth tool doesn't respect pressure from pen. I found this topic (August 12, 2021), where is information about this problem, but this problem is still in 2021.44. It is in paint and sculpting room (maybe in other). This problem is uncomfortable for my work and i must used old version 4.9.72. where is turned off layers for sculpting, because V2021 is out. Thank you.

• Contributor

Hi,

Is there any news on the status of the Linux builds development? It's been almost a month without a build, now.

Is there any scheduling in the works for a more consistent (and shorter) release cycle?

Thanks for your hard work. Just please don't forget about us, that's all. :)

8 hours ago, Yousung said:

544429009_bandicam2021-09-1313-42-08-439.thumb.jpg.10c235267cb4718520dee088aa5297cf.jpg

Thanks for adding Normal extrude to the Pose tool :good:
There are still some areas for improvement, but...
Now i can use it with VoxLayer to easily make effects like negative volume.

thanks to the developers for their hard work.

oh damn how does this work? is it in the last build?

5 hours ago, Allabulle said:

Hi,

Is there any news on the status of the Linux builds development? It's been almost a month without a build, now.

Is there any scheduling in the works for a more consistent (and shorter) release cycle?

Thanks for your hard work. Just please don't forget about us, that's all. :)

Gradually we move to daily builds and incremental updates for Linux & Mac as it was done for Windows. It will be done anyway.

• Thanks 2

• Contributor
46 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Gradually we move to daily builds and incremental updates for Linux & Mac as it was done for Windows. It will be done anyway.

Thank you very much. :)

I understand that things take time. Knowing that there is a plan in such direction is surely reassuring.

Thanks for the clarification again.

Edited by Allabulle

On 9/2/2021 at 12:21 PM, tcwik said:

3dcoat 2021 -40 surface 'scratches tool' don't even scratch XD..  look like this tool work in 4.9.72  .. in 2021 tfu ...ctrl action don't work at all :help:

The scratches tool still doesn't work as it should be! maybe should be done a new tool real rake tool! ..important from clay perspective

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic