3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

17 hours ago, Tubor said:

Carlosan Andrew Shpagin  digman

The model file has been uploaded and can be tested

ps:At that time, I tried to increase the density of the rhizome selection area, and the result was slightly better, but it was still not completely effective. If the number of topological grids increases, the software will stop working. In addition, the "instant mesh" has been tested. The speed and quality are better than the quality of automatic topology, but the rhizome head still can not give the correct result. . Looking forward to your test

Ginseng topology.zip 75.36 MB · 1 download

Thanks for file. Understood the reason, fixed, now getting this with "Voxelize" option:

image.png

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
2 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Thanks for file. Understood the reason, fixed, now getting this with "Voxelize" option:

image.png

Since Andrew found a problem and fixed it, I will await a new build to test the file.

2 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Я попробовал режим сфера + линии, на первый взгляд кажется, что там все в порядке. Пожалуйста, опишите словами, что именно не так.

Он имеет ввиду скорее всего  , что если объекты на разных слоях , то они не привязываются  .   

Edited by Евгений

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

I tried sphere + lines mode, on first glance looks like all is OK there. Please describe in words what exactly is wrong.

Points of sphere tool get offseted.  So place where you actually click dont  match with sphere line position.

• Reputable Contributor

Re: Autopo @Andrew Shpagin

To me the mesh has to be prepared thoroughly by the user before autopo.

I think you are trying to do that automatically in the autopo dialogue by offering "voxelization" option.
However, I believe that is not enough to ensure that problems are fixed.
could you try this :
-voxelize
-increase voxel resolution
-fill voids
-turn to surface
-objectify (and delete small parts)
-close holes

This should cover many possible issues, I think.

hey quick question, would it be possible to add the brush rotation option inside the tool parameter brush parameters? just having it there directly would be really great.

also maybe having a random flip x and y axis for the brush in the jitter, a bit like photoshop have, its really great to get some randomness when you sculpt details or ust 2d paint.

thanks

• Advanced Member

Sphere tool not only not fixed it is actually even more bugged now  .73

also axis flicker  on screen when new dot placed. Red curve also shows that it is still broken with curves

also sphere tool  should use veiew plane for line mode, right now it seems to use vertex normals or totally random when placed on empty spots

sphere_line2.gif

Edited by jimhatama

• Advanced Member

How it is supposed to work from 4.9 and other programms. 

Can we at least add this legacy flattening brush from 4.9? while issues with new brush are sorted? I really need to get projects done and all this really slows it down 

Thats actually not only for thin surfaces but all uneven surfaces. Usually u want to flatten uneven surfaces from sculpt, but 2021 coat actually make it worse instead of flattening

flat_tools3.gif

Edited by jimhatama
  • Like 1

I found 2 HUGE Problems..  Inside the Modeling Room.  

#1.) There is NO Way to get Rid of reference images other than to hide them, we need a way to delete them

#2.) The reason you can NOT Load hotkeys is that it is looking for a file with the extension hotkeys, the extensions in 2021 are *.xml now.

This needs to be fixed badly, I'm unable to try loading other hotkey files because of this.

#3.) Where are our theme files for the interface?

Please correct these simple issues, it's killing me that I am really unable to customize it right.  I would love to have the modeling room setup after silo3D's Hotkeys.

Thanks,

Ken Cornett

Edited by storm36969
I solved the preview pane reference images not showing up, it was off in file explorer.

23 hours ago, jimhatama said:

Sphere tool not only not fixed it is actually even more bugged now  .73

also axis flicker  on screen when new dot placed. Red curve also shows that it is still broken with curves

also sphere tool  should use veiew plane for line mode, right now it seems to use vertex normals or totally random when placed on empty spots

sphere_line2.gif

I am trying to reproduce it in 73/74 but no luck. I placed 2 spheres in the same volume, chosen lines mode, clickid on one, then on second and vice versa. All worrks as expected. The one thing I noticed - curve & sphere works incorrectly (int plane, not in space), I will corect it.

Please help, maybe someone has ideas whe exactly it happens? Does anyone able to reproduce?

• Reputable Contributor
32 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

I am trying to reproduce it in 73/74 but no luck. I placed 2 spheres in the same volume, chosen lines mode, clickid on one, then on second and vice versa. All worrks as expected. The one thing I noticed - curve & sphere works incorrectly (int plane, not in space), I will corect it.

Please help, maybe someone has ideas whe exactly it happens? Does anyone able to reproduce?

I saw it on .72 but can't reproduce it in .74 (all fixed now except for curve (the green one) which works on plane from first point).

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic