3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2021 development thread

I'm really tire of this sht , 4.9.72 is the last really stable version of 3dc right now .. and still ..

WHY I CANNOT CHANGE SHORTCUTS FOR GOOD FOR THOSE OPTIONS? THEY ARE HARDCODED ?! I REOPEN 3DC2021 AND STILL HAVE THAT 'S' ,  BTW  WHY DOES SOMEBODY USE 'S' FOR SYMMETRY, THEY NEVER WORK IN ANY INDUSTRY AT ALL 

and this is really bad I cannot import old prefs to the new 3dc without f pain in ..  I see the same old 3dc with new bugs hehe great! new old saga continues  and betatools... all that new 3dcoat 2021 is one big betatool XD , but maybe someday in faaaar future ..

FUKKK.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, ebitz said:

(...) The Preferences-->Beta TAB-->Treat Retopo groups as materials is the culprit. If I disable it the 3d primitives mesh is not generated in the viewport.

I can confirm that happening here also. Good catch, @ebitz

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

I do not think this is bug but it is problem which may need enhance.

Tweak room selection tool now really not work correctly with rectangle or rasso mode.

Then I have request to solve those almost abondoned tweak room issues.

The only reason I use tweak room, it offer simple brush set. at same time it not change vertex order of paint room object. (sculpt room surface mode change it)

that means, if I import character and make some morphs, I can not use sculpt (voxel) room for the purpose. though there is way to use snap but the work-flow is not good.

(of course it need, if we start sculpt in 3d coat then retopo, >> edit some more ) 

So if 3d coat modeling room / retopo room offer, simple brush set, (smooth add, expand etc) which offered in tweak room,

we can detail modeling + can easy sculpt without change vertex order. So I really hope dev seriously consider it, or please enhance tweak room actually it work better.

I suppose, tweak room will be removed (and many times support said me so), then recommend to use retopo or modeling room,.  if so keep tweak room brush in modeling room is important. (actually it is useful to deform or adjust mesh which not need detail sculpt, but keep mesh structure, and it often used to make morph shape.  so hope those simply brush set will be added in modeling room / retopo room.    or keep vertex order in sculpt room surface mode. = we can directly sculpt morph for already made character. 

Edited by tokikake
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, sprayer said:

@tcwik Why all your post with hatred? Why can't you report bug, read first post in this feed and wait few days for fix?
If you don't wanna help to fix bugs and do not like program what are you doing here?

I just try to love that software but its really hard XD and When I almost love 4.9.72  but there are 3dc2021 and pains back  ...ctrl z [history] still have had an issue on a freeze selection on rectangle selection, stroke selection since 3 years above... after so many months of developing I open 3dc 2021 [relise software ] and in about 3 minutes I see many critical bugs [for me ;)] really annoying bugs

another bug XD .. steps to recreate 

open 3dcoat 2021.6;

choose voxel sculpting and some ball ;

choose voxelhide tool and hide with rectangle selection half of a ball;

invert hidden ;

and press object-ify hidden and voila! XD 

bug have above 3 years for sure

• Thanks 1

ok found the issue now... i was using curves. You need to use the standard pen  from the EPanelpen.thumb.png.ceccff4aacb471370c20b5c916e29a8b.png use standard pen stroke

• Confused 1

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, tcwik said:

another bug XD .. steps to recreate 

open 3dcoat 2021.6;

choose voxel sculpting and some ball ;

choose voxelhide tool and hide with rectangle selection half of a ball;

invert hidden ;

and press object-ify hidden and voila! XD 

bug have above 3 years for sure

i couldnt replicate what you was trying to do... i followed steps and got what it said lol...

voila.jpg

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Elemeno said:

i couldnt replicate what you was trying to do..

You are doing something wrong, i can confirm inverted objectify hidden don't work,
also invert hidden adds some bevel
FOtK8oY.jpg

Edited by sprayer
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
23 minutes ago, sprayer said:

You are doing something wrong, i can confirm inverted objectify hidden don't work,
also invert hidden adds some bevel
FOtK8oY.jpg

ive tried to repeat this 5 times now ... using low poly high poly even merging subtree...  still gives same result which is expected...

but what os are you using and specs ?

• Advanced Member
18 minutes ago, Elemeno said:

ive tried to repeat this 5 times now ... using low poly high poly even merging subtree...  still gives same result which is expected...

but what os are you using and specs ?

ok yep... i see what you mean... can also confirm that it bevels when you objectify hidden... you ont even have to invert hidden

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, linnos said:

@ebitz That doesn't happen on my end.

2 hours ago, Elemeno said:

also doesn't happen my end too ,all works fine

@linnos @Elemeno Have you tried it like this, though? --->

On 7/18/2021 at 5:44 PM, ebitz said:

(...)The Preferences-->Beta TAB-->Treat Retopo groups as materials is the culprit. If I disable it the 3d primitives mesh is not generated in the viewport.

• Advanced Member

I'm trying to follow the 3DC chainmail video :q
(3DC Youtube - Creating Chainmail Pt 4)

When using Stencil, Cube Mapping using Lasso still has a problem that does not match Preview.

If you look at the chain armor making tutorial, it seems to be a bug.

It's fine when you do it with a brush.
But not Lasso.

67394238_bandicam2021-07-2002-59-20-177.thumb.jpg.3840d76e6b8c9dad45a747da3d6903fd.jpg

In addition, in Paint-Room,
Cube Mapping with the Fill Tool works fine.:huh:

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2021 development thread