3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2021 development thread

• Advanced Member

The 'The new RGB cavity' feature added in the 2021.35 version looks very useful.
Thanks for adding. :)

Symmetry paint has been fixed in version 2021.36, so now it looks like it can be studied with new features. ^_^

59 minutes ago, Yousung said:

1529392518_Stampdrag.jpg.f0edf3ce63b1d46544b4467e61d42fbb.jpg

You can use 'Stamp Drag mode'.
You can rotate the brush alpha with '8, 9, 0' at the top of the keyboard.
8 : Quickly rotate brush alpha
9: Rotate Alpha counterclockwise
0 : Rotate Alpha clockwise

I mean the stamp can be moved directly like a square or round tool to change the position at any time

GIF.gif

• Advanced Member
26 minutes ago, Tubor said:

I mean the stamp can be moved directly like a square or round tool to change the position at any time

996615772_Honeycam2021-08-2515-09-17.thumb.gif.8d2a712a15aa3df75c0f46bd19ff7b26.gif

It has the features you've been looking for.
Isn't this what you wanted?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Yousung said:

996615772_Honeycam2021-08-2515-09-17.thumb.gif.8d2a712a15aa3df75c0f46bd19ff7b26.gif

It has the features you've been looking for.
Isn't this what you wanted? 

Oh Yousung Yes, this tool is exactly what I want, and the randomness of the drag size was also considered at the time. Random drag size does not contradict the brush size adjustment, Thanks again

Edited by Tubor

• Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, Tubor said:

Oh Yousung Yes, this tool is exactly what I want, and the randomness of the drag size was also considered at the time. Random drag size does not contradict the brush size adjustment

1395953172_Honeycam2021-08-2515-25-22.thumb.gif.f33decb68e733af13f3211256a5fce71.gif

If you want to change the brush size while stamping
You can use [, ] on the keyboard.

If you want to change the brush depth during stamp
You can use - and + on the keyboard.

If you want to change the brush rotation during stamp
You can use 8, 9, 0 on the keyboard.

It is inconvenient to have to move very slightly, but you can see that it changes in real time during stamping.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yousung said:

1395953172_Honeycam2021-08-2515-25-22.thumb.gif.f33decb68e733af13f3211256a5fce71.gif

If you want to change the brush size while stamping
You can use [, ] on the keyboard.

If you want to change the brush depth during stamp
You can use - and + on the keyboard. 

If you want to change the brush rotation during stamp
You can use 8, 9, 0 on the keyboard.

It is inconvenient to have to move very slightly, but you can see that it changes in real time during stamping. 

Thanks again, this is already good now.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

[ Toggle Popup/Docked Windows ]

Can you improve it so that it also applies to the Texture Editor?

Currently, this feature only works in 3D Viewport.
I like to spread the UVs into rectangles and quickly fill them with the Lasso function.

Of course, I can transfer it to Photoshop and work on it, but
Because I can't see it right away in 3D, I want to work on 3DCoat whenever possible.

//
Edit 1 )
Also can you make the Smart Material Preview work in the Texture Editor?

Edited by Yousung

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Arvart said:

Hello, can somebody help me? Previously "g" key turned off or on ghost mode on layer below cursor, and not it works like "grab". What hotkey now I can use to ghost my layers in fly.

1663421753_bandicam2021-08-2519-14-48-360.thumb.jpg.20085dd56caffefaab2ff579e50b7953.jpg

Check here

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
9 minutes ago, Arvart said:

not it works like "grab"

If I remember correctly, the 'G' key is
Since 'Transform without gizmo' was added
It should be set to 'Move in screen space'.

Edit - Transform without gizmo - Move in screen space

• Reputable Contributor
44 minutes ago, jimhatama said:

Curvature skips options and goes straight to baking cant select any 

Windows version 2021.36

I also posted also about the Calculate Curvature panel not appearing yesterday.  I am sure it will be fixed soon. 

• Reputable Contributor

I like to say a big thanks to Andrew and to his team of developers.  I've seen down through the years , since 2007 many many powerful improvements to 3DCoat that Andrew and his team have added. I can not count them all, the features requested or suggested by the users of his program plus his own creative ideas. :clapping:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, digman said:

Windows version. 2021.36 

I sent a simple 3DC file to support.

Possible Curvature Panel bug.

Import a model for Per Pixel Painting.

Select Calculate Curvature.

The calculation for Curvature begins right way. 

The Calculate Curvature panel does not appear for you to set your Curvature settings first.

If you have chosen the RGB curvature, there are no settings, it just calculates with defaults. But after calculation ensure that the cavity layer is correct.

• Reputable Contributor

"Edit->Preferences->Tools->Use RGB cavity as the default cavity calculation method

Windows version: 2021.36

Here is the problem, even though it is not selected in preferences,  it runs the  RGB cavity method.

If you select the RGB cavity as default.  Go to Textures menu---Calculate Curvature, it does not run the RGB cavity method but opens the Light baking panel shows up instead of the Calculate Curvature panel. 

It appears that the selection is backwards in Preferences---Tools, off is on, On is off and the wrong panel shows up. 

Can someone confirm this as to make sure it is not happening just on my end.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Working with the tablet on the WinTab setting, version .36 -  there is a brush offset both in painting and sculpting / masking mode with the tablet.
Only the Vertex Line / Vertex Curve drawing modes seem not to be affected.

I've tried to run 3DC with the 'High DPI' display settings both on and off.
The screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.

No issues with the 4.9 version (shown in the video, also in WinTab mode), or with any other tablet-dependent apps.

With the other tablet option chosen in Brushing - WindowsInk - there's no offset issue but all the pressure options under E panel get ignored.

Edited by kt2
Clarifying

• Advanced Member

The video here says:

The video demonstrates the use of 2 new tools in the Modeling room with the help of imported .iges curves (the extra module for export/import of .iges curves will be available after the 3DCoat 2021 release):

Only seems to import EPS at the moment? What does it mean by 'extra module' and what time frame can we expect this?

Thanks

2 hours ago, insignet said:

The video here says:

The video demonstrates the use of 2 new tools in the Modeling room with the help of imported .iges curves (the extra module for export/import of .iges curves will be available after the 3DCoat 2021 release):

Only seems to import EPS at the moment? What does it mean by 'extra module' and what time frame can we expect this?

Thanks

I also had questions before, but no one has responded to me at the moment. It is estimated that the development schedule has not yet included these.

25 minutes ago, bocs said:

Noise Brush bug

1. New -> Surface Sculpting

2. Select Noise Brush

3. Paint the mask

4. Enable Realtime

5 Undo (CTRL + Z) 

20210825_190537.mkv

Noise will be applied twice inadvertently, and it will be necessary to withdraw the command twice or apply the noise once and then turn off the tool. The real-time preview and application of the noise problem did not get the feedback of the previous feedback setting.

• Advanced Member

Retopo room select path , I often use this tool , but it isreally difficult to select points, when the point locate in inner shell mesh. like ths pic.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Cks_f1yj0vkU5Vb20vjSylWCco7TacB/view?usp=sharing

Though I will pick points with rotate around view , but it often miss select other points. It really need try and error to force 3d coat pick the points. sometimes I give up to just select points with this tool (to easy seam etc)

and need to change tool. 

on the other hand if I use Select tool > edge or vertices it can pick these inner mesh point correctly.  Hope it will be solved.