3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2021 development thread

• Advanced Member

One more about this scale issue when I pick model with 3d primitive tool (it offer ratice or free adjust tool when I add model, then I prefer to use it when add model)

it change default size about same poli model.

if I do not use this tool, 3d coat show the retopo model size, when I added

tempsize.thumb.JPG.6f4c80aaad871a5a9755cac16e6a54ee.JPG

but If I use 3d primitive tool, 3d coat seems auto change the mesh default size. (It is not so serious but I  do not hope ill. do not know why 3d primtiive tool need to change model size of default)  

Though I do not think it is serious. it may better just keep the size which I save as default. (then we may adjust it if we need it )

primsize.thumb.JPG.04f070a26b999124f6cd79c9e3591ec0.JPG

19 hours ago, Grimmy said:

I still can't understand the extrude tools in the low poly room.

1. I really have to hit 'enter' EVERY time I want to commit an extrude? 

In Smart extrude, You can use DblClick LBntMouse to commit an extrude .

2. -I cant seem to select multuiple faces easily.

In Smart extrude, for free selected Face I use Hot Key Cntrl+D. If nothing selected you can select face by Rectangle mode;

In Normal extrude selectin always enable.

3. After manipulating a face there is no quick way to deselect the face and select another face.

In Smart extrude, for free selected Face I use Hot Key Cntrl+D.

In Normal extrude selectin always enable. 

4.  In Smart extrude, you can also scaling (by Right button Mouse) and rotation, by hold Shift key.

I'm preparing a little video.

Hello. I have little problem with 2021.39. I have two monitors. If I work on my main screen, everything works fine. But when I moved program window on my second screen and I closed 3dcoat, I can't opened it again. I have only white window with (Not responding) on my second screen.
I found that the problem is position of the window. The solution is open WindowState.json file in \Documents\3Dcoat\data\Temp and rewrite last position of window to my main screen. After that 3Dcoat open normal on my main screen.
I discover that if I move 3Dcoat window more than half on my secondary screen and close it, then 3D coat stop work.

• Reputable Contributor

Windows Version: 2021.40

Possible bug using the New Curves with the in-closed splines or it is a limitation of the absolute brush using in-closed splines.

Using the Absolute brush (Surface Mode) with a brush type that does not depend upon pen pressure you get separate strokes that blend seamlessly into each other. 

Non-in-closed splines also blend seamlessly. 

Using in-closed Splines you get build up where the two splines intersect. Expected behavior they would blend seamlessly. 

I tried Extrude directions : Vertex Normal and Average Normal.  Both do the same as describe above. I normally use vertex normal but tested the other.

The above is shown in the picture.  

ABS.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member

There seems up-date view (render view-port)  bug when I change UV for paint mesh.  3d coat show strange shade mesh after I change UV (eg scale or UV set) and up-date, (in paint room confirm I update uv),   it can not return correctly for a while, (I tried change shade, and return smooth, or hide un-hide mesh, or change room)  then after some steps, it suddenly show correct textures and shade for me .  I do not see any message or info 3d coat try to up-date something. but view suddenly change (usually I swap room some times, then return paint room, now correctly show the textures as smooth shade.

save and re-load solve this issue though. (save with wrong view, then re-open it, it return texture and shading correctly for paint room)

20 hours ago, Baisop said:

Hello. I have little problem with 2021.39. I have two monitors. If I work on my main screen, everything works fine. But when I moved program window on my second screen and I closed 3dcoat, I can't opened it again. I have only white window with (Not responding) on my second screen.
I found that the problem is position of the window. The solution is open WindowState.json file in \Documents\3Dcoat\data\Temp and rewrite last position of window to my main screen. After that 3Dcoat open normal on my main screen.
I discover that if I move 3Dcoat window more than half on my secondary screen and close it, then 3D coat stop work.

Probably different monitors connected to different video cards. One to fast one and other one to the integrated. So it works not good.

And just a little announcement.

There are several days without updates because I am finishing the incremental auto-updater and version management system. What will we get - no need to download build each time, no need separate install folder for each build, easy and fast switching between different builds in seconds. It is 90% ready, will be released soon. Anyway it takes some time, but it must be done.

• Thanks 9

52 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Probably different monitors connected to different video cards. One to fast one and other one to the integrated. So it works not good.

Thank you for your quick reaction. I have both monitors connected into my GeForce GTX 1080, so this isn't source of problem. I'll try to update the graphics driver and I see if it works.

25 minutes ago, Gorbatovsky said:

Hi

After creating a cube and selecting Smart Extrude, the selection options disappear, if I choose transform the tool options change but I still cannot select components, when I return to Smart Extrude I still cannot select, if extrude does not allow me to do it following an axis . 

45 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

the selection options disappear,

Yes.
This occurred because you made a selection.
When tool Smart Extrude is active,  the Selection option image.png

is enable only if no selection faces or edges.

1 hour ago, Baisop said:

Thank you for your quick reaction. I have both monitors connected into my GeForce GTX 1080, so this isn't source of problem. I'll try to update the graphics driver and I see if it works.

I updated the graphics driver and the problem still persists. I recorded a short video of the problem. Left is main screen. WindowState.json is opened in Notepad++.

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Gorbatovsky said:

Yes.
This occurred because you made a selection.
When tool Smart Extrude is active,  the Selection option image.png

is enable only if no selection faces or edges.

Then how you can add o remove faces to the selection to perform Smart Extrude ? If i need to switch tool for every single selection is a little convoluted. Far away the common workflow found on any other app. Thanks.

22 hours ago, Carlosan said:

@milhouzz Try this settings using Twist tool.

Twist.jpg

ah yeah was using that but was hoping something more straight foward could be added :)

also I was wondering if 3dcoat had a mask system? i use a stencil , select as a mask and then i can inflate all the mask area for exemple