3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2021 development thread

• Advanced Member

How it is supposed to work from 4.9 and other programms. 

Can we at least add this legacy flattening brush from 4.9? while issues with new brush are sorted? I really need to get projects done and all this really slows it down 

Thats actually not only for thin surfaces but all uneven surfaces. Usually u want to flatten uneven surfaces from sculpt, but 2021 coat actually make it worse instead of flattening

flat_tools3.gif

Edited by jimhatama
  • Like 1

I found 2 HUGE Problems..  Inside the Modeling Room.  

#1.) There is NO Way to get Rid of reference images other than to hide them, we need a way to delete them

#2.) The reason you can NOT Load hotkeys is that it is looking for a file with the extension hotkeys, the extensions in 2021 are *.xml now.

This needs to be fixed badly, I'm unable to try loading other hotkey files because of this.

#3.) Where are our theme files for the interface?

Please correct these simple issues, it's killing me that I am really unable to customize it right.  I would love to have the modeling room setup after silo3D's Hotkeys.

Thanks,

Ken Cornett

Edited by storm36969
I solved the preview pane reference images not showing up, it was off in file explorer.

23 hours ago, jimhatama said:

Sphere tool not only not fixed it is actually even more bugged now  .73

also axis flicker  on screen when new dot placed. Red curve also shows that it is still broken with curves

also sphere tool  should use veiew plane for line mode, right now it seems to use vertex normals or totally random when placed on empty spots

sphere_line2.gif

I am trying to reproduce it in 73/74 but no luck. I placed 2 spheres in the same volume, chosen lines mode, clickid on one, then on second and vice versa. All worrks as expected. The one thing I noticed - curve & sphere works incorrectly (int plane, not in space), I will corect it.

Please help, maybe someone has ideas whe exactly it happens? Does anyone able to reproduce?

• Contributor
32 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

I am trying to reproduce it in 73/74 but no luck. I placed 2 spheres in the same volume, chosen lines mode, clickid on one, then on second and vice versa. All worrks as expected. The one thing I noticed - curve & sphere works incorrectly (int plane, not in space), I will corect it.

Please help, maybe someone has ideas whe exactly it happens? Does anyone able to reproduce?

I saw it on .72 but can't reproduce it in .74 (all fixed now except for curve (the green one) which works on plane from first point).

5 hours ago, Cless_Aurion said:

I'm getting a big issue in .75

I'm getting watermarks on my exported textures, what the actual hell.

(Only on the Normal map apparently, and only sometimes)

Is it possible that you are using floating license and it was not activated after Coat's start due to internet connection problems?

• Advanced Member

Another difference I noticed with the sphere tool in 3dcoat 2021.  When I increase spacing it doesn't make separate stamps.

Version 4.9

1288905233_OldStyle.thumb.gif.a41c4091f5a8e406510b3c3c06b27d70.gif

Version 2021

1438733478_NewStyle.thumb.gif.f8597bfeb88b543e8049c9da06d9c26d.gif

16 minutes ago, gbball said:

Another difference I noticed with the sphere tool in 3dcoat 2021.  When I increase spacing it doesn't make separate stamps.

Version 4.9

1288905233_OldStyle.thumb.gif.a41c4091f5a8e406510b3c3c06b27d70.gif

Version 2021

1438733478_NewStyle.thumb.gif.f8597bfeb88b543e8049c9da06d9c26d.gif

been really frustrating having tool working find before and for some reason completely bugged now :(

also would be great to get back that feature in the tool option brush parameters and the rotation parameters directly there too

thanks

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

• Advanced Member

@SERGYI Possible crash reason when baking, may be related. Don't know. Using rr.

The program '3dcoat' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 971 error_code 2 request_code 151 minor_code 3)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

• Like 1

Andrew,

check this out!  I was trying to re-add some polygons that got removed after trying to weld the verts, this tool needs a lot of work also, as it has difficult welding 2 verts right beside each other and I mean right beside, it kept doing the collapsing behavior instead.  But back to the topic, I was trying to re add some missing polygons by selecting 4 verts and on like the 2nd or 3rd try I got

Ps.  The extrude tool should auto weld the verts of the extruded piece to the original model being extruded.  Also, I’ve noticed this same behavior on a lot of other tools, even creating a simple cube, polys don’t seem to be welded, also the weld tool is funky if I try to weld verts with only a pixel or 2 at Max the distance to use if it’s less then it is supposed to weld, well I’m finding it moving and welding verts from the bottom let’s say all the way to the top of the cube making polys disappear in the process.  So then I finally got it working ok not great and then my screen went nuts flashing, I know it’s not my videocard I have an nVidia 2060 super.  Although I do think some of the non reproducible errors that Andrew is seeing are probably related to users having amd or vulkan based cards they use structs for drawing order etc...  much different then dx12.  Just a thought Andrew.  Anyways watch the video in my other post please.

please fix I’m in the middle of dev on a game project mostly for my 7 year old but everyone will want this.  A hint it contains mechs.

Edited by storm36969