3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

• Advanced Member

Surface Mode symmetry gets broken very easily usually after intensive flatten brush and smoothing.

Absolute brush detects broken symmetry best and then its symmetry does not work too :D

Edit: Symm Copy fixes this for a while but then can break again

Edited by Koray
edit

• Advanced Member
9 minutes ago, Koray said:

Surface Mode symmetry gets broken very easily usually after intensive flatten brush and smoothing.

Absolute brush detects broken symmetry best and then its symmetry does not work too :D

Edit: Symm Copy fixes this for a while but then can break again

Same in Voxel mode. Seems like other brushes fight with the symm problem but the absolute brush says NO :D

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Voxel Mode

Smallest Default Sphere - Res+ till around 3-4 Mil. Tris. Symmetry ON

- Clay Engine and Voxel Tools brushes lag badly.

- Clay/Draw brushes perform better with almost no lag. I dont have enough knowledge to guess why.

- Trying to select Base Clay pushes cpu usage to around 60% and takes a few seconds.

-* Tried the biggest default sphere, res+ to 3-4 mil. Same brushes lag maybe even a bit worse BUT clay fast, absolute and draw have no lag at all. I have no idea, just reporting :)

• Advanced Member

- Vox Clay brushes uses significantly more CPU than Absolute brush. Even makes the fans get louder like rendering :D

- - Res+ default male figure to 105 mil. tris. I was able to sculpt with the absolute brush again. Trying to select the base clay crashed.

All when using v2021.10

Edited by Koray
version

Hello, I got a problem with strokes on a small distance. No one brush don't sculpt when I brush almost on one place, but in 4.9 version everything was ok. This make work with small details very difficult. Take a look at the video, here I discribe and show what exactly working bad (sorry for russian language, my english in realtime is pretty bad).

• Advanced Member

Any word on when the baking of nomal maps per pixel crashing 3d coat will be fixed in linux POP OS? Anyone getting closer to a solution? Using latest build .09

Edited by ebitz

• Advanced Member
On 7/18/2021 at 11:44 AM, ebitz said:

Ok. I got the 3d primitive working in the retopo room. Deleted the user config files in Documents and restarted 3D Coat. Some conflict resolved I guess. Nope Ignore that. The Preferences-->Beta TAB-->Treat Retopo groups as materials is the culprit. If I disable it the 3d primitives mesh is not generated in the viewport.

This bug still persists in the Modeling & Retopo Rooms, Linux. Build ....09

• Advanced Member

Question about internal 3dcoat renderer. It seems very fast with pretty good results. Is this an advanced renderer or is it a simplified one, as compared to other industry rendering solutions.

Edited by ebitz

• Advanced Member

Can anyone tell me why this happens when using matcaps. On flat surfaces when the camera is moved to a sharp angle of view the mesh becomes significantly darker. Just to be clear I only see this on flat surfaces. In other apps, I have not found this issue. Not a major issue, but can become a little distracting when rotating around a model continuously. Might be a little knit picky.

1591582688_Screenshotfrom2021-07-2409-50-17.thumb.png.d30dc1cc97f1b976204d28b5de3a4b06.png1627935179_Screenshotfrom2021-07-2409-50-28.thumb.png.e83dd4b72a6f31f26f74477b7c9caa03.png

There may be an inconsistency between gizmo and  lattice while I manipulate lattice and put cube primitives for sculpting.

Lattice's center seems be came to differ from the primitive center amoung many manipulations I made for the lattice, transforming a whole lattice, tweaking lattice points, "Reset Points" and more.

So, once it's happened, Primitive's now getting to move itself as I just switch "Transform/Lattice toggle"  on or off.
The Lattice's center or the primitive's center is going wrong. I tried Reset Axis/Points/Axis/Position but it won't be help to stop the primitive. Only restarting the program could save him.

Edited by roentgen

On 7/23/2021 at 2:21 PM, Yousung said:

Steady Stroke feels really weird in Paint-room.....
The higher the number, the worse this problem is.

Looks really terrible, but on all my tests it works as expected. Maybe you enabled some unusual options like "Sharp shape" or "Paint with dabs". Try mouse and pen. Is there difference?

3 hours ago, ebitz said:

Question about internal 3dcoat renderer. It seems very fast with pretty good results. Is this an advanced renderer or is it a simplified one, as compared to other industry rendering solutions.

This is a simplified renderer, screen-based reflections, and this is not re-tracing, it is multiple frames superposition render.

But the fast ray-tracing render is also close to being done.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
22 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

And at least I got my 4K monitor)

I hope you can notice small problems in pixels. Imho it such waste 4k in <43" especially for content creators what should see all imperfection. Some people cannot see noise on renders in such sizes

3 hours ago, ebitz said:

Can anyone tell me why this happens when using matcaps. On flat surfaces when the camera is moved to a sharp angle of view the mesh becomes significantly darker. Just to be clear I only see this on flat surfaces. In other apps, I have not found this issue. Not a major issue, but can become a little distracting when rotating around a model continuously. Might be a little knit picky.

1591582688_Screenshotfrom2021-07-2409-50-17.thumb.png.d30dc1cc97f1b976204d28b5de3a4b06.png1627935179_Screenshotfrom2021-07-2409-50-28.thumb.png.e83dd4b72a6f31f26f74477b7c9caa03.png

It should be so. Matkups is just baked light, it is not calculated in real time. Fake material. I made a set of matcaps for all occasions a long time ago, maybe they will be useful to you. https://dmitrioos.gumroad.com/l/matcap3dcoat

Edited by Barrel
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, sprayer said:

I hope you can notice small problems in pixels. Imho it such waste 4k in <43" especially for content creators what should see all imperfection. Some people cannot see noise on renders in such sizes

I am still trying to reproduce, but still can't. Works super clean on my side.

So questions:

1) Try Edit, prefs, Brushing, Wintab, then Tablet PC. Any difference?

2) Is there any difference if you set 4K res for the monitor or 2K?

Please show the Brushing tab in preferences.

Why payment for a product occurs through a payment service, where I have to pay more money for VAT, while in Steam, gumroad, Blender Market, anywhere else, where I have ever bought something, it is most likely simply included in the price , and it won't be a surprise for me that I will pay another twenty....fifty euros in excess of the indicated cost? Why is it done this way?

Edited by Barrel

• Advanced Member
18 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Works super clean on my side.

Are you tried with steady stroke 40+?
I already tried to change tablet interfaces, screen resolution, any settings in brush option panel all the same. Without steady stroke it works fine.

edit. looks like this option fix that behavior

kUyThRc.png

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic