3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

• Advanced Member

can we get a pose tool that we can align inside the mesh like how the spline tool work and each section is parented to the mesh with automatic weight but each section can have the weights edited using a selection tool or brush... and smooth to extend the weights 

and then the ball areas of the spline tool will be where you can rotate or move to pose the mesh

Edited by Elemeno

@ThomasJohann Brushes > add New brush pressing + key. Select > create using curves.

add.jpg

---------------------------

@oah1981 You mean  sculpt layer seems to be destroyed if you bake onto it ?

• Thanks 1

Hi

In 2021.22 the blend options do not work - I do have a video, but I am at the maximum upload limit for posts. Modulate and multiply cause the layer to vanish (to be clear the layer does not vanish - the mode makes the contents of the layer vanish as if fully transparent), the other blend modes just act as standard blend.

Thanks

Edited by oah1981
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Member

Polish request. In the sculpt tree layers panel, layers will show a "+" or "-" regardless if there is a child or parent. I think it should only show a "+" or "-" only if the layer has children. This way there is a clear distinction which layers have children and which layers don't. Layers.thumb.png.d4e2903e0b059b3056b41837e1ed106b.png

• Like 4

• Advanced Member

There is one more thing I would like to ask about the layer window.

It's very old from V4...
Can you fix the problem that the layers are not performed one by one when doing 'Change Parent'?

If you want to move at once, you need to do a Change Parent on the topmost layer (of the selected one).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ebitz said:

Polish request. In the sculpt tree layers panel, layers will show a "+" or "-" regardless if there is a child or parent. I think it should only show a "+" or "-" only if the layer has children. This way there is a clear distinction which layers have children and which layers don't.

I agree with this opinion

In 2021.22, when I paint multiple smart materials, rust over metal, the first material(metal)'s going away as I select the second material(rust).
4.x is okay.

It's ok if I add new layer before I activate the second one, but new layer's going to be locked, I have to add further more layer to paint(or unlock that without care of horrible warning).

Actually I don't know this is bug or spec, would like to know best way.

Hi.

I have just now (30 minutes ago) purchased 3D Coat 2021 and the link in the email takes me to a page containing a link to download 2021.21 and my account page contains various versions of 2021 up to 2021.21 as the latest available.

I thought I would take a quick look on the forums to check that the latest version has any issues before downloading. I see that there is a 2021.22 version linked on this thread.

I'm just wondering which version I should download and why my account doesn't show 2021.22 ? Is it perhaps a Beta version ?

1 hour ago, Artary said:

Hi.

I have just now (30 minutes ago) purchased 3D Coat 2021 and the link in the email takes me to a page containing a link to download 2021.21 and my account page contains various versions of 2021 up to 2021.21 as the latest available.

I thought I would take a quick look on the forums to check that the latest version has any issues before downloading. I see that there is a 2021.22 version linked on this thread.

I'm just wondering which version I should download and why my account doesn't show 2021.22 ? Is it perhaps a Beta version ?

Builds in this thread are posted on daily basis, at least now, at the polishing stage. Sometimes we put them on the download page. 21 and 22 are generally identical except icon sizes. Fixes made for 22 included in 21 as well. For the future I recommend builds from this thread, if they are not marked as [beta]. If I mark build as beta it means I done something risky there.

• Thanks 3

Quick update on my earlier blend layer post - it turns out the problem is only when I am painting on an object directly on top of a shader - like a skin shader or default clay. If I create a new layer, fill it with colour, the layers above it blend fine. This is on both Mac and Windows.

• Thanks 1

Really miss the live clay crease tool. Is there any way to get that back? It takes a lot of work around to get the same effect . It was my most common tool for marking out the zones in a model and then building grim there . It would translate very well for details too. 

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, ThomasJohann said:

Really miss the live clay crease tool. Is there any way to get that back? It takes a lot of work around to get the same effect . It was my most common tool for marking out the zones in a model and then building grim there . It would translate very well for details too. 

716689340_bandicam2021-08-0702-08-16-456.thumb.jpg.8cd42e89fc1c655df0fe0946f6b2fb5e.jpg2060900952_bandicam2021-08-0702-08-20-049.thumb.jpg.9287ba4fa134dc2e2bced9e4d4cfc5f3.jpg

Activate Subdivision on the Draw brush and add a Pinch Modifier. It should feel similar.
The feeling is slightly different depending on the order of the modifier, so please test it once.
I am using it by registering in Preset. :)

Edited by Yousung
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ThomasJohann said:

Hello, people who miss crease clay. Here I'm trying to get it back. Hope this help.

• Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor
11 hours ago, ThomasJohann said:

It is basically the standard PINCH brush (Surface mode), but with Dynamic Tessellation applied. So, you can enable SUBDIVISION in the Tool Options panel for the same effect.

• Thanks 2

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic