3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

• Advanced Member

Swept surace seems miss generate mesh only when I use cap option. it usually generate cap with different scale (almost 100x I think) .  I keep scene scale as 100 to work for meter unit, so it may cause problem?   (I can not add pic any more):unsure: ,  without cap (not activate start and end)  then generate  mesh, mid section mesh which along curve scale  no problem.

• Contributor

Here my result of some quick experimenting with recent added tools to produce real time hair solely in 3DCoat
PureRef_EF66upTm58.thumb.jpg.41cbdfe89a1b23bdca5d49918e177c90.jpg

there's really good potential. For my use, much prefer what's available in this app now over, ornatrix, xgen, blender, etc

this is a typical thing that a lot of users that do character work obsess over, just thought I would bring some attention to the possibility

it's thanks to things like,
global uniform uv unwrap, curve tools in model and sculpt, bake y-depth in sculpt room, recently added local curvature map, light baking, etc

so thanks to developers for all these tools they're great

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Advanced Member
50 minutes ago, poeboi said:

Here my result of some quick experimenting with recent added tools to produce real time hair solely in 3DCoat

there's really good potential. For my use, much prefer what's available in this app now over, ornatrix, xgen, blender, etc

this is a typical thing that a lot of users that do character work obsess over, just thought I would bring some attention to the possibility

global uniform uv unwrap, curve tools in model and sculpt, bake y-depth in sculpt room, recently added local curvature map, light baking, etc

That's great, do you mind making a video?

On 7/14/2021 at 2:44 PM, Andrew Shpagin said:
3DCoat-2021-33 
Thu Aug 19 22:14:21 2021

- Fixed radial stamp for freeze tool (surface), all stamp modes work for VoxLayer.
16 minutes ago, Mack said:

Thanks for the update. It worked for a second.  See video.

Thanks

2021-08-19 16-34-32.mkv

• Reputable Contributor

USA here.

All working again. Download was fast... All good!

The forum site was down for a while. Running slower now.

The download is really slow, like 1 to 2 days slow download.

I checked my end, All ok here.

• Reputable Contributor

Windows version 2021.33

The regular strokes tool and strokes tool for Smart Retopo "Preform Retopology still not working.

The "Preform Retopology" tool tip says you will be taken straight to the Retopo Room when in fact you are placed in the Paint Room. 

Switching to Retopo Room the strokes tool does not work.

I did post this information in another thread but it could have gotten confused with another topic the thread was discussing.  

• Reputable Contributor

Is it possible to have Perspective and Ortho  not disappear and reappear as we lift our brush stroke. It would be a static icon like the camera Icon but showing whatever view mode we are in either Perspective or Ortho.

We can turn off showing the Preview current pick point Coordinate Preview in Preferences so that is already done. Thanks for that... 

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member

I could confirm, only when I change scene scale from 1.00 to another value, then go to modeling room,

surface swept > Profile,  activate  start cap ,  change generated cap  scale. but keep middle mesh (swept) correctly. 

the view guide (virtual mesh) show mesh correctily untill generate mesh,   but when I click generate mesh , it change start cap size drastically. (along with current scene scale) 

About end cap have no problem.   Only start cap seems change scale.  I really do not hope bother about scene scale anymore, so hope Dev confrim this problem. (modeling room surface curve tool is one I really expected for 2021, then hope they work stable with each user setting.

===

I means Surface swept tool (which need to set 2 curves as profile and guide then generate mesh) , 3 different tools are joined as one menu options, but I means Surface Swept tool for poligon. (not for sculpt mesh)

Edited by tokikake

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, tokikake said:

I could confirm, only when I change scene scale from 1.00 to another value, then go to modeling room,

surface swept > Profile,  activate  start cap ,  change generated cap  scale. but keep middle mesh (swept) correctly. 

the view guide (virtual mesh) show mesh correctily untill generate mesh,   but when I click generate mesh , it change start cap size drastically. (along with current scene scale) 

About end cap have no problem.   Only start cap seems change scale.  I really do not hope bother about scene scale anymore, so hope Dev confrim this problem. (modeling room surface curve tool is one I really expected for 2021, then hope they work stable with each user setting.

===

I means Surface swept tool (which need to set 2 curves as profile and guide then generate mesh) , 3 different tools are joined as one menu options, but I means Surface Swept tool for poligon. (not for sculpt mesh)

Actually same problem happen with "Profile" tool too. I suppose 3d coat try to generate start mesh faces which ignore current scene scale, but generate extrude or swept by first shape.  so all start shape (or cao)  not fit current user scene scale when generate..  in virtual view it show correct shape.  Though I do not check all tool, but for those 2 tools (Profile,  surface swept) show same issue for me. (I sent mail to Andrew with image, but if dev need real scene, I may sent it too.  but I suppose you can easy reproduce this issue. only you need to change scene scale and test those tools (with start cap , or check generated start mesh)

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, poeboi said:

Great results... I've mentioned before to the developer at 3DC about using the new curves to help position and bend hair cards.

• Like 2

• Reputable Contributor

In the following video I attempt to set three shaders as "default shader" in succession. Each time I create a new layer to test the result.
-First is a custom shader : when set as default, the rock/granite texture gets added to the shader when set as default.
-Second is one of the native shaders (the green one) : when set as default shader, the rock texture appears again.
-third is another native shader which works as expected when set as default shader.

Could this be fixed so that any shader can be set as default, please ? Thank you.

• Contributor
12 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Scale Graph added for Tools "Surface Swept", "Surface Swept 2" and "Swept N Gener" = Ornamental curves !

ornamental.jpg

This is great, the scale graph parameter is very handy :yes:

I'd like to suggest that scale graph would also be a very welcome control in the Curve→Bend Volume tool, already can change the scale somewhat using the curve radius, but it's challenging for curves with many points 

• Like 3

График конечно хорошо . 427904212_.thumb.jpg.2b2bc451fb60695bdf65936678e5e937.jpgТолько теперь масштаб с помощью радиуса не работает .!!! А данный вариант в многих случаях лучше и график не дает такой гибкости .! Надеюсь будет то и другое ?

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic