3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

• Contributor

I would like to ask, can we get a RMB click context option for viewing and copy-paste full directory paths on folder elements, and any such files / objects as: • environment maps • brush alphas • poly models • sculpt models • stencils , et cetera?

Would be very handy in situations where one wants to see where the items reside, or add one's own materials in a meaningful way without having to looking through 3dcoat directories in explorer

e.g. (windows) taking us to ~\Documents\3DCoat-2021\UserPrefs\...
or ~\Program Files\3DCoat-2021\...

Thank you for any consideration

image_2021-09-15_093620.png

• Like 2

Hi,

I have some kind of feature request: Is it possible to have an optional Viewport Anti-Aliasing Option ? The edges in Blender are much smoother and I was wondering if its good for 3DCoat as well.

I know it is potential via Nvidia Settings but if I do it like this the whole UI is blurred too and more by every brushstroke I take.

Best regards

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
15 minutes ago, milhouzz said:

i get this weird holes in voxels sometimes, even with a ctrl z they still there and didnt find any way to fix them unfortunatelly...

What we see in the viewport is a mere mesh representation of the underlying voxels. This shows that there is an issue in the voxel structure, not necessarily limited to the area of the visible hole. So there is likely no easy fix in some cases. (you might be lucky with the following solution)

quick dirty fix : right click vox layer > To global space.

Dirty because in your case this will probably not just close the gap cleanly as with a "regular" hole. In this case you may get artifact-like  voxels, which could include thin long lines  that you will need to get rid of. But at least the volume will appear watertight again, and the voxels will be fixed.

I would like to say that what caused your issue in the first place is the use of surface tools in voxel mode followed by an action that xkipped the voxelization process (like switching to cutoff tool after surface tool). However, the recent release notes indicate that this problem has been fixed for good.
Maybe you are not using the most recent build ?

• Reputable Contributor

Always good to give the version of 3DC you are using, it helps plus any steps or actions that you remember to reproduce the problem.  

You are in Voxel mode and not surface mode, correct? 

As Silas said did you use any surface tools in Voxel mode. 

The more information given the easier it is to figure out the possible cause of your problem.

25 minutes ago, Silas Merlin said:

What we see in the viewport is a mere mesh representation of the underlying voxels. This shows that there is an issue in the voxel structure, not necessarily limited to the area of the visible hole. So there is likely no easy fix in some cases. (you might be lucky with the following solution)

quick dirty fix : right click vox layer > To global space.

Dirty because in your case this will probably not just close the gap cleanly as with a "regular" hole. In this case you may get artifact-like  voxels, which could include thin long lines  that you will need to get rid of. But at least the volume will appear watertight again, and the voxels will be fixed.

I would like to say that what caused your issue in the first place is the use of surface tools in voxel mode followed by an action that xkipped the voxelization process (like switching to cutoff tool after surface tool). However, the recent release notes indicate that this problem has been fixed for good.
Maybe you are not using the most recent build ?

thanks for the heads up, i installed latest build, I will try it and see if i run into the problem again.

thanks again

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, milhouzz said:

would it possible to be able to go to negative values in the overlap of the twist tool but using directly the sliders, to be able to have spacing when doing an array?without typing the negative values but just using the sliders?

thanks

Capture.PNG

If possible, it would be good to be able to right click on any field and define the range in all sliders...or provide some other method for defining the range since everyone will want something different.

• Advanced Member

[ Paint Room issue ]

I am currently studying a tilemap to use as a game asset.

I can't bake occlusions and curvatures on a model that consists of a single plane.

When baking after Sculpt and Retopo work, Normal map is baked, but additional Occlusion and Curvature cannot be baked in Paint Room.

Additional sides are required for baking to proceed.

Edit 1 )

https://www.dropbox.com/t/lawGFnHCTNc2aPa6

Sorry, changed the link to dropbox.

'_Create Tilemap' is baking on a single plane
'_Create Tilemap_001' is adding side face.

Edited by Yousung
  • Thanks 1

Here is a problem I had with the first release of 2021 and still have it in the current version. I have these bricks that are close to each other but not touching. I want to move them individually so I thought I would use the Pose tool with Select Object mode.  However every time I click one brick it also selects some nearby bricks. Even if I make the brush size very small I can't select only one brick.

BricksGlitch.jpg

22 minutes ago, Tubor said:

When I use Auto Update Manager, nothing happens. Does the program installation directory not in C drive affect it?

After version 51 is uninstalled and version 53 is installed, click on automatic upgrade. Version 52 is recognized and the update starts to download. I wonder if there is any problem in the middle?

-------

It’s my fault. If you cancel the upgrade and switch to the 53 tab, you won’t be prompted to upgrade.767038524_.png.5f3be88c5c27e8b63972212741bee8e9.png

Edited by Tubor

• Contributor
On 9/23/2021 at 7:52 AM, Yousung said:

[ Curves/Stroke issue ]

FreeHand Curves are not created when using the Cures/Strokes tool.

Honeycam 2021-09-23 14-49-26.gif

@Yousung

Hi!

You have to Click (hold) and Drag, like painting. It works for me in .53, ..actually it is really good, somehow fluid.

(Edit: Maybe it was already fixed in 53. So I dont know if this was your issue)

Edited by Ctc_nick
explanation added

• Contributor
3 hours ago, Yousung said:

Ummm... that's weird.
Tried again with the latest version but it still doesn't work

Thats strange. This time one my side its working fine.  I now use the Autoupdater.  You could try deleting data and ..userpref\preferences folder under documents\3dcoat-2021 to purge old settings. That helpted me before on another problem.

@Carlosan snap to surface is turned on.

freehand1.gif

Edited by Ctc_nick
small correction

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic