3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

Hey Andrew,

can we add tools similar to blenders box cutter and hard ops to the modeling toolset also please make symmetry work easier and also doing a reference image because both of these are needed to do any simple poly modeling like also anything else to make modeling in the modeling room easier for hard surface poly modeling like the silo style polygon tool and the tweak behavior and then call at least the modeling tools complete.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, storm36969 said:

please make symmetry work easier

Write more specifically what you offer, please. Возможно небольшое видео.

16 hours ago, storm36969 said:

like the silo style polygon

What do you like in Silo 3D?

• Advanced Member

v.78- Whatever the Smooth Brush is doing, its not smoothing. Cuda on,off etc. doesnt matter. It just destroys everything in its path, just too strong and its not the users responsibility to adjust every brush to make them work. It also adds a square stroke when released.

- Its very annoying that the E panel disappears when one of the boxes in it is clicked. Its more annoying that there is a depth limit option which says its based on the last pick point which just doesnt make sense. It should be calculated from a standart point like maybe from the center of the sym plane.

- Why does the pose tool selection sometimes is a red-green gradient and sometimes looks like a mask? (Paint mode, same mesh, nothing is changed)

Please STOP adding new stuff. Just polish what is already there. Take your time with the new features.

Edited by Koray
more weirdness...

2 hours ago, Koray said:

v.78- Whatever the Smooth Brush is doing, its not smoothing. Cuda on,off etc. doesnt matter. It just destroys everything in its path, just too strong and its not the users responsibility to adjust every brush to make them work. It also adds a square stroke when released.

- Its very annoying that the E panel disappears when one of the boxes in it is clicked. Its more annoying that there is a depth limit option which says its based on the last pick point which just doesnt make sense. It should be calculated from a standart point like maybe from the center of the sym plane.

- Why does the pose tool selection sometimes is a red-green gradient and sometimes looks like a mask? (Paint mode, same mesh, nothing is changed)

Please STOP adding new stuff. Just polish what is already there. Take your time with the new features.

All my recent additions are attemptst to remaster old stuff, not doig something new. For example you report about smooth brush. It is essentially cuda based. And this is problem because sometinmes it just fails. So, I need to rewrite it using more safe technology (will do this with shaders that works in all cases). Please try to turn off cuda, decrease radius, try to smooth. If it works try to turn on CUDA, try again. Then increase radius gradually. Is there  some radius when it starts to fail?

• Advanced Member
24 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

All my recent additions are attemptst to remaster old stuff, not doig something new. For example you report about smooth brush. It is essentially cuda based. And this is problem because sometinmes it just fails. So, I need to rewrite it using more safe technology (will do this with shaders that works in all cases). Please try to turn off cuda, decrease radius, try to smooth. If it works try to turn on CUDA, try again. Then increase radius gradually. Is there  some radius when it starts to fail?

Not the radius but I lowered the smoothing % for the brushes I used then adjust according the mesh density. New users may find its default behaviour very confusing though. Also I believe other users already mentioned this but when using the move tool and the voxelize immediately is checked, smooth (pressing shift) lags alot.

I'm practicing the things I like most about 3DC and suggesting some quality of life improvements when I see them, sometimes a bit harshly to get your attention :)

49 minutes ago, Koray said:

Not the radius but I lowered the smoothing % for the brushes I used then adjust according the mesh density. New users may find its default behaviour very confusing though. Also I believe other users already mentioned this but when using the move tool and the voxelize immediately is checked, smooth (pressing shift) lags alot.

I'm practicing the things I like most about 3DC and suggesting some quality of life improvements when I see them, sometimes a bit harshly to get your attention :)

What is smoothing %?

And no problem about harsh, I always look only constructive part:p:

• Like 1

Здравствуйте .Кисть наращивания  в воксельных инструментах с  настройка , которые показываю  на видео теперь   отлично подходит  для кисти pinch , которой сильно не хватало в вокселях  и приходилось использовать кисть из раздела поверхностей , что постоянно влечет к растяжениям  . Может вы поменяете ей просто  превью и оставите данную кисть с такими настройками по умолчанию .!?   

• Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic