3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

6 hours ago, Silas Merlin said:

I see a big problem with having fixed scene scale in preference :

what if you have old projects with different scene scales ?
opening them and saving will break them, yes ?

If you open an older project, the project's scale will be used. Only the new scene uses the fixed scale.

• Advanced Member
On 2/4/2022 at 12:00 AM, Arvart said:

Hello, today I got an extra dangerous issue, Coat completely lost all information from few layers. Luckily this information I found in some autosaves. But it's really scared me.

I have also experienced some layers and even file corruption. I dont know whats causing it, I suspect freezeing operations or volume painting

On 2/4/2022 at 8:24 AM, Andrew Shpagin said:

Thanks, now understood, we will fix it asap, very probably, today.

Hi Andrew,

I have installed .98 and it now launches, however I am now seeing a message at the bottom of the screen "The program data was changed, it is impossible to function correctly, please reinstall.".

I deleted the Docs/3DCoat-2021 folder and reinstalled but still get the same message, I have attached an image for you.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Screenshot 2022-02-06 150924.png

32 minutes ago, Drocket said:

Hi Andrew,

I have installed .98 and it now launches, however I am now seeing a message at the bottom of the screen "The program data was changed, it is impossible to function correctly, please reinstall.".

I deleted the Docs/3DCoat-2021 folder and reinstalled but still get the same message, I have attached an image for you.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Screenshot 2022-02-06 150924.png

I will correct it asap, but now to avoid problems, delete python.dll and python39.dll in installation folder

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2022 development thread
  • Reputable Contributor

image.thumb.png.7bd9d8040e641059e6db550bc1191c39.png

Thank you for storing retopo island colors !
What does this do ? thre is no tooltip for this image.png.66b78c034eaf4aae070af78b1b9bd37f.png
could the viewport NOT be grayed out when you do this ?

what is the last item in the changelog "fixed the "tiring problem when you bake PBR shaders from sculpt>paint" ?

Could there please be an option in preferences to disable the "graying out of the background to concentrate the attention on the dialog" ?

5 hours ago, Silas Merlin said:

image.thumb.png.7bd9d8040e641059e6db550bc1191c39.png

Thank you for storing retopo island colors !
What does this do ? thre is no tooltip for this image.png.66b78c034eaf4aae070af78b1b9bd37f.png
could the viewport NOT be grayed out when you do this ?

what is the last item in the changelog "fixed the "tiring problem when you bake PBR shaders from sculpt>paint" ?

Could there please be an option in preferences to disable the "graying out of the background to concentrate the attention on the dialog" ?

This is saturation randomizing. Ok, will not grey for pickers.

Tiring - if you bake shaders to texture cubemapping there was strange lines on the baked color texture. Now it is fixed.

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2021/2 development thread
  • Contributor

Hi. I would like to share my experiences with smartmaterials shortly. Exr files work fine for Depth Painting! But you have to set the 'locked depth' something like a hundred times bigger to work. If I compare in my case the depth.jpg with depth.exr, I have to set the 'locked depth' of the jpg to 0.5, whereas the exr file has to be set around 50 to get a compareable result. (The result btw. is less noise which is very good, so it works!) 

One funny thing is, when you press the unlock button, the preview to the right shows correct displacement, and when you press lock, it flips to the wrong side again. 

It would be nice if the exr file preview would work. But I mentioned that already. 

When you Import Materials, you have to create and select the folder before to get it in the right place.

Thank you. 02. is great so far!

Paintroom.png

1 hour ago, wilson66 said:

So, I can update to 3D Coat version 2022.02 using the versions manager, but I can't actually use it or purchase an upgrade yet for that version (I have 2021). Is that right?

Unless I have misunderstood your question, version 2022.02 should use the 2021 license you purchased.

Andrew.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

[ Modeling/Retopo Room issue ]

- For the Inset tool, the changed value is applied even if you click Cancel.

It starts working normally again on the same mesh.
I don't know the cause...

- Edge - Collapse is still not centered.

[ Modeling/Retopo Room improvement request ]

When using 'Mesh - Sculpt Mesh & Unlink Sculpt Mesh', can you add an option so that it is applied only to the desired polygroup, not the entire polygroup?

In particular, in the case of 'Unlink Sculpt Mesh', it creates unnecessary SculptTrees every time and makes it complicated.

Edited by Yousung

• Advanced Member

In 3DC 2022.03, brush and strength control using RMB doesn't seem to work when using the Blob tool. Can anyone confirm?

Or is this maybe related to the Blob tool not using regular brush stroke types?

Edited by Metin Seven

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic