3DCoat 2021/2 development thread

• Reputable Contributor
15 hours ago, ThomasJohann said:

Nope, check out this video

If you can, please send this and any issues you may find with the brushes to Andrew, directly (AndrewShpagin@gmail.com), so he can address it quickly. It's important to get this new sculpt engine right (a LOT of trial and error work has gone into it, already) for everyone. I will try to send him a message about it, but your emails are a direct way to speak to him and offer feedback/input.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
15 hours ago, ThomasJohann said:

Nope, check out this video

Extrusion is normally not intended to be so high, but in your example, the value seems to be inverted. I don't know if some other setting causes this inversion or if it's a bug. I will do some tests this evening and see what I can discover. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 5:17 AM, Wizardkiss said:

I really like the new customizable rooms, but I've not been able to set up a custom room based on the Modeling room the way I want it.

The problem relates to the extrude tools (Free Extrude, Smart Extrude, Extrude Vertices, Extrude Faces and Spine Tool). There are two sets of these tools, one set in the Add Geometry section, which is always visible and seems to be redundant and unnecessary, and another set in the Selected section which is visible only when the select tool is active.

If I try to hide the the ones that appear in the Add Geometry section it hides the ones in the Selected section also, and vice versa.

If I try to move either of those two sections up or down or change the tools that are inside them it will seem fine at first but then a few minutes later it will randomly combine different sections together or scramble all the tools up. It's difficult to describe what is happening exactly because it randomly scrambles things in different ways at different times. I've spent hours on repeated attempts trying to get it to work somehow.

I've had no problem customizing new rooms based on the Sculpt room, it is just new rooms based on the Modeling room where I've encountered problems. I haven't tried customizing any others yet. I'm using version 22.07.21 2021.09.

Several rules:

1) Even if the tool appears in the script several times it will appear only the first time.

2) If you hide the tool via "Customize", it will be hidden everywhere in the tool panel in this room.

So the way is not to hide, but edit the script of the room manually from the room settings and reorder as you wish.

Surface Mode symmetry gets broken very easily usually after intensive flatten brush and smoothing.

Absolute brush detects broken symmetry best and then its symmetry does not work too :D

Edit: Symm Copy fixes this for a while but then can break again

Edited by Koray
edit

9 minutes ago, Koray said:

Surface Mode symmetry gets broken very easily usually after intensive flatten brush and smoothing.

Absolute brush detects broken symmetry best and then its symmetry does not work too :D

Edit: Symm Copy fixes this for a while but then can break again

Same in Voxel mode. Seems like other brushes fight with the symm problem but the absolute brush says NO :D

• Like 1

Voxel Mode

Smallest Default Sphere - Res+ till around 3-4 Mil. Tris. Symmetry ON

- Clay Engine and Voxel Tools brushes lag badly.

- Clay/Draw brushes perform better with almost no lag. I dont have enough knowledge to guess why.

- Trying to select Base Clay pushes cpu usage to around 60% and takes a few seconds.

-* Tried the biggest default sphere, res+ to 3-4 mil. Same brushes lag maybe even a bit worse BUT clay fast, absolute and draw have no lag at all. I have no idea, just reporting :)

- Vox Clay brushes uses significantly more CPU than Absolute brush. Even makes the fans get louder like rendering :D

- - Res+ default male figure to 105 mil. tris. I was able to sculpt with the absolute brush again. Trying to select the base clay crashed.

All when using v2021.10

Edited by Koray
version

Hello, I got a problem with strokes on a small distance. No one brush don't sculpt when I brush almost on one place, but in 4.9 version everything was ok. This make work with small details very difficult. Take a look at the video, here I discribe and show what exactly working bad (sorry for russian language, my english in realtime is pretty bad).

• Advanced Member

Any word on when the baking of nomal maps per pixel crashing 3d coat will be fixed in linux POP OS? Anyone getting closer to a solution? Using latest build .09

Edited by ebitz

• Advanced Member
On 7/18/2021 at 11:44 AM, ebitz said:

Ok. I got the 3d primitive working in the retopo room. Deleted the user config files in Documents and restarted 3D Coat. Some conflict resolved I guess. Nope Ignore that. The Preferences-->Beta TAB-->Treat Retopo groups as materials is the culprit. If I disable it the 3d primitives mesh is not generated in the viewport.

This bug still persists in the Modeling & Retopo Rooms, Linux. Build ....09

• Advanced Member

Loving how fast large scenes a models load. Fast and fluid. Nice work.

• Advanced Member

Question about internal 3dcoat renderer. It seems very fast with pretty good results. Is this an advanced renderer or is it a simplified one, as compared to other industry rendering solutions.

Edited by ebitz

• Advanced Member

Can anyone tell me why this happens when using matcaps. On flat surfaces when the camera is moved to a sharp angle of view the mesh becomes significantly darker. Just to be clear I only see this on flat surfaces. In other apps, I have not found this issue. Not a major issue, but can become a little distracting when rotating around a model continuously. Might be a little knit picky.

1591582688_Screenshotfrom2021-07-2409-50-17.thumb.png.d30dc1cc97f1b976204d28b5de3a4b06.png1627935179_Screenshotfrom2021-07-2409-50-28.thumb.png.e83dd4b72a6f31f26f74477b7c9caa03.png

There may be an inconsistency between gizmo and  lattice while I manipulate lattice and put cube primitives for sculpting.

Lattice's center seems be came to differ from the primitive center amoung many manipulations I made for the lattice, transforming a whole lattice, tweaking lattice points, "Reset Points" and more.

So, once it's happened, Primitive's now getting to move itself as I just switch "Transform/Lattice toggle"  on or off.
The Lattice's center or the primitive's center is going wrong. I tried Reset Axis/Points/Axis/Position but it won't be help to stop the primitive. Only restarting the program could save him.

Edited by roentgen

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2021/2 development thread