3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

• Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Strange, but on my side it works, position kept if coat closed correctly. Do you have the file Documents/3DCoat-2021/data/temp.WindowState.bin ? Does the data change when you exit?

Time stamp is changing at exit, but file data looks the same in text editor. If i maximizing window it changing file at exit.

On 7/22/2021 at 6:31 PM, iRadovsky said:

Hi guys!

Have problem with 3CD 2021.07  - can't install it :

1401504773_Screenshot2021-07-22at17_28_07.png.b15eaef2eb9b690a7340033c53ce020c.png

Disk image with "3DCoat" for macOS has been notarized with Apple and it should open without malicious software warning. But please download "3DCoat-2021.09.dmg" then do the following:
1. In Terminal go into "Downloads" folder:
% cd ~/Downloads
2. Make sure that:
% ls -l 3DCoat-2021.09.dmg returns size 991602118 (bytes)
% shasum 3DCoat-2021.09.dmg returns checksum 0f0ad61e870fe4b4a71d3770836f6fb48b6d5958
3. Clear extended attributes (among them could be "com.apple.quarantine"):
% xattr -c 3DCoat-2021.09.dmg
Make sure that there is no attribute "com.apple.quarantine":
% ls -l@ 3DCoat-2021.09.dmg
4. Open the disk image and as always drag & drop "3DCoat" into "Applications" icon:
% open 3DCoat-2021.09.dmg
Step 2 simply checks the integrity of the downloaded disk image. Step 3 clears extended attribute "com.apple.quarantine" which is crucial.

• Like 1

Hello, I saw that in latest 2021.11 version was fixed some of brush issues. I don't know is it means that problem with strokes on a small distance was solved, but problem is still in place. Also I thought, may be it depedns some how on display resolution, so I should tell that my display is 4k Cintiq. Anyway thanks a lot for your hard work on the Coat polishing and bugs fixing!

• Like 1

About small distance strokes, as I see Coat draw small red dot above the pen which point actual place of brush where dub will have placed, and when I moove my pen in 2-3 mm around this dot this red dot don't move at all. And I thought if my display would be smaller this radius may be around 0.5 - 1 mm and I wouldn't feel that, but my display is 32 inches and this distanse feels as huge.

Hi, the latest version (11) crashes almost immediately now in voxel mode - I have uploaded movie to show the issue. Add a primitive use a brush, the screen freezes and does not recover or simply crashes, as per video. This hasnt happened in earlier releases including the beta. Surface mode works fine BUT If I then change to voxel mode, it works for a second or two and then crashes. No crash report appears, it just coses. Thanks

Edited by oah1981
  • Thanks 1

25.07.21 2021.12

- Fixed ppp+big spacing issue in connective mode.

- Fixed general problem when the voxel volume has modified surface (still not voxelized) but user attempts to do something that acts natively over voxels. For example, invert hide or cutoff.

- Fixed hotkeys assignment problem in the custom navigation dialog.

- Fixed problem when File->Exit does not store the window position. Window position is now stored into the docs/data/temp/WindowState.json

• Like 4

1 hour ago, oah1981 said:

Hi, the latest version (11) crashes almost immediately now in voxel mode - I have uploaded movie to show the issue. Add a primitive use a brush, the screen freezes and does not recover or simply crashes, as per video. This hasnt happened in earlier releases including the beta. Surface mode works fine BUT If I then change to voxel mode, it works for a second or two and then crashes. No crash report appears, it just coses. Thanks

20210725_184600000_iOS.MOV

Does anyone have similar problem? I tried, but it works absolutely correctly. It is Windows, 2021.11, right? 

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

What tool? What type of stamp?

Windows 2021.12

The stamp tool in red. 

Voxel Mode Brushes: Airbrush and Build correctly place the alpha stamp when you using the drag stamp brush but do not work with the regular stamp brush marked in red in the picture

Vox Clay which does not support alphas will place a square stamp using the drag stamp brush but again not the regular stamp brush marked in red.

Capture3.JPG

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Does anyone have similar problem? I tried, but it works absolutely correctly. It is Windows, 2021.11, right? 

Hi

Here is my windows build version - 10.0.19042 Build 19042, I believe it is upto date. The only change to my system (that I am aware of) has been the installation of the latest game ready drivers from Nvidia. BUT.. I've gone back over older versions and it is now crashing with earlier builds. 2021.6 manages to generate a crash report however, I have copied the text and added it to an attachement in this post.

Thanks

crash.txt

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jimmie said:

Ver12  crashed on startup. Had to revert back to ver 4.9.72 for now. Bug Extermination in progress - Thanks for your hard work Andrew.  We will get there bro. 

Hi!

Please try this special build

Seems that your CPU does not support all used instructions (a bit outdated), so I made a special build to check this.

Andrew

Ver.11, the Space key pop-up tool menu won't allow itself to be dragged downwards or up within the screen, one can only move it sideways. This inhibits access to the top shelf of the menu.

Any chance of a more adjustable/dynamic scaling of these pop-up menus in the future?
On smaller screens, the icon size causes those to take too much space.
It's cosmetics compared to the brush functioning issues, still perhaps worth some looking into.

• Like 2

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic