3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

5 hours ago, Cless_Aurion said:

I'm getting a big issue in .75

I'm getting watermarks on my exported textures, what the actual hell.

(Only on the Normal map apparently, and only sometimes)

Is it possible that you are using floating license and it was not activated after Coat's start due to internet connection problems?

• Advanced Member

Another difference I noticed with the sphere tool in 3dcoat 2021.  When I increase spacing it doesn't make separate stamps.

Version 4.9

1288905233_OldStyle.thumb.gif.a41c4091f5a8e406510b3c3c06b27d70.gif

Version 2021

1438733478_NewStyle.thumb.gif.f8597bfeb88b543e8049c9da06d9c26d.gif

16 minutes ago, gbball said:

Another difference I noticed with the sphere tool in 3dcoat 2021.  When I increase spacing it doesn't make separate stamps.

Version 4.9

1288905233_OldStyle.thumb.gif.a41c4091f5a8e406510b3c3c06b27d70.gif

Version 2021

1438733478_NewStyle.thumb.gif.f8597bfeb88b543e8049c9da06d9c26d.gif

been really frustrating having tool working find before and for some reason completely bugged now :(

also would be great to get back that feature in the tool option brush parameters and the rotation parameters directly there too

thanks

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

• Advanced Member

@SERGYI Possible crash reason when baking, may be related. Don't know. Using rr.

The program '3dcoat' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 971 error_code 2 request_code 151 minor_code 3)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

• Like 1

Andrew,

check this out!  I was trying to re-add some polygons that got removed after trying to weld the verts, this tool needs a lot of work also, as it has difficult welding 2 verts right beside each other and I mean right beside, it kept doing the collapsing behavior instead.  But back to the topic, I was trying to re add some missing polygons by selecting 4 verts and on like the 2nd or 3rd try I got

Ps.  The extrude tool should auto weld the verts of the extruded piece to the original model being extruded.  Also, I’ve noticed this same behavior on a lot of other tools, even creating a simple cube, polys don’t seem to be welded, also the weld tool is funky if I try to weld verts with only a pixel or 2 at Max the distance to use if it’s less then it is supposed to weld, well I’m finding it moving and welding verts from the bottom let’s say all the way to the top of the cube making polys disappear in the process.  So then I finally got it working ok not great and then my screen went nuts flashing, I know it’s not my videocard I have an nVidia 2060 super.  Although I do think some of the non reproducible errors that Andrew is seeing are probably related to users having amd or vulkan based cards they use structs for drawing order etc...  much different then dx12.  Just a thought Andrew.  Anyways watch the video in my other post please.

please fix I’m in the middle of dev on a game project mostly for my 7 year old but everyone will want this.  A hint it contains mechs.

Edited by storm36969

any idea what is wrong, older version tools work as expected, but updating, they seem inverted???

picked 2021.60 as example then updated to 2021.76 they are "inverted"

I haven't installed every version to see where it changes, so tired of bugs in 3d Coat

*base clay was also doing it at one point...

IDK, maybe my error, but can reproduce it by switching versions

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

jimhatama was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1 points.

3 hours ago, bocs said:

any idea what is wrong, older version tools work as expected, but updating, they seem inverted???

picked 2021.60 as example then updated to 2021.76 they are "inverted"

I haven't installed every version to see where it changes, so tired of bugs in 3d Coat

*base clay was also doing it at one point...

IDK, maybe my error, but can reproduce it by switching versions

This is probably cause of treat as a vox hide introduced. Check brush options it should be on top

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor
5 hours ago, jimhatama said:

This is probably cause of treat as a vox hide introduced. Check brush options it should be on top

Good call. I can confirm this is indeed the case. With USE BRUSH AS VOXHIDE checked, it appears to subtract or indent with each stroke. This option should be turned off by default, though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, milhouzz said:

would be great to have the rotate along brush strokes work as it was before

sphere tool creation with rectangle lasso or any lasso kind of tool missing the choice of round/plane/sharp border

latest update is fast as hell, really amazing!

Yes, I will polish all that.

• Reputable Contributor
17 minutes ago, jimhatama said:

Guys,one thing should be done  - is to convert flatten brushes to voxel ones, and I will stop using surface mode completely.

I like to use surface tools on voxels, and especially the flatten brush (albeit in 4.9, but I think flatten works fine in 2021 now).

That said, the Scrape tool could be made to be something similar in pure voxels : -First, that annoying "soft scrape" checkbox should stop reverting to default (checked) each time you reopen 3d-Coat.
-Second, it could have a CTRL action similar to what flatten does (adding material).

Just my opinion.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Silas Merlin said:

I like to use surface tools on voxels, and especially the flatten brush (albeit in 4.9, but I think flatten works fine in 2021 now).

That said, the Scrape tool could be made to be something similar in pure voxels : -First, that annoying "soft scrape" checkbox should stop reverting to default (checked) each time you reopen 3d-Coat.
-Second, it could have a CTRL action similar to what flatten does (adding material).

Just my opinion.

I dont think it is abt liking or not. There is just no way to flatten mesh besides surface flatten brushes, scrape is completley unusable and unpredictable

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic