3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

On 9/6/2022 at 9:28 PM, Ctc_nick said:

Hello! ver 0.45

Could you try to snap the ends together to a triangle. I provide this test file. I hope it helps.

It was working pretty long, then it was working strange, and now it does not.

I tried deleting options.xml but it must be somewhere else. Sometimes the curve cursor jumps in viewer direction or reaally far away.:search:

All the Best!

image.png.59e54931c3d7a73b6784f0caa1751d7a.png

curve_snap.3b 35.93 kB · 3 downloads

The curves are marked as "In plane", so points are kept on the original plane. So they don't snap in space.

I may set that "On plane" status will be removed for 2-points curves. Does if have sense? 

• Thanks 1

• Contributor
5 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

The curves are marked as "In plane", so points are kept on the original plane. So they don't snap in space.

I may set that "On plane" status will be removed for 2-points curves. Does if have sense? 

@Andrew ShpaginThats it, thank you!

I didn't know that it was on, so I think others might wonder about the same when using it. 

I don't think removing on plane for 2 point curves is good. Maybe 'off' by default.   

There should be an option to turn it off before creation for all curve types. And ' keep in plane' should be the same as 'on plane' in the toolbar. Which could actually work if the selected curve sets the working plane.

Thank you for your patience.

All the Best!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phoenixart said:

Thanks for checking, @Carlosan

Maybe it's just this particular file that's giving me this issue.

I sent you a link to the 3dCoat scene in case you would have the time to check it out.

Hello, thanks for reporting the bug! Please send me a link to that file, I will try to fix the error as soon as possible!

• Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor

I have some 47GB of free space on C:
yesterday I worked several hours with volumetric paint without noticing that 3d-Coat was filling up the disk space (with temporary files, I think).
When I saved the work, there was no warning that anything was wrong. 3d-Coat just saved an empty file.
Then I did some other things outside 3d-Coat and that is when I noticed that the disk was full. So I decided to close 3d-coat. (my fault, I should have checked the saved file before closing). Disk space started recovering slowly, so I restarted the system but it did not help. Only when I opaned a blank .3b file did the space recover fully.

Maybe there could be a warning of some sort when disk space is low ? or a flushing of undo stack or something ?

• Sad 1

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Silas Merlin said:

Maybe there could be a warning of some sort when disk space is low ? or a flushing of undo stack or something ?

To your point, I wish there was an option to set up the cache/temporary folder for 3dCoat, as I do in Blender, Redshift, AE, and so on.

And on top of that, an option to decide where to store the custom brushes, which can take a lot of disk space.

• Advanced Member
42 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Use this commands:

Thanks @Carlosan

I tried those commands, but the bulky files are still living in the default folder:

C:\Program Files\3DCoat-2022\UserPrefs\Alphas
C:\Program Files\3DCoat-2022\UserPrefs\Stencils

and so on...

Too bad those files aren't also moved to the relocated 3DCoat's data folder.

• Confused 1

• Advanced Member

Is there a bug in the File, Export menu in the latest release?
I cannot use Decimate/Auto-UV anymore/

This is how it looks on my end

image.png.9f14bb43398708f453282bec89d4d8c0.png

And this is how it looked before

image.png

Edit: never mind, I was exporting from the Paint Room, but it only appears in the Sculpt Room.

Edited by phoenixart

• Advanced Member

Hi all, i noticed some menus look small on 4k resolutions(space bar tool bar in paint and some dialogs popups like export import etc).  Have you noticed anything like that ? Old 3dc4.9 seems to have correct scale to menus .

Thank you!

Edited by micro26

• Advanced Member

On linux.

1. Using the Tab key to toggle pop up/docked windows does not respect the "Hide Left Tool Panel" in preferences. In fact every time I use the tab key it will disable the "hide left tool panel" in preferences. If I select that option in Preferences the left tool panel should remain hidden as this is a global setting.

2. I am noticing some z fighting with meshes in scene in perspective mode. The z fighting does not occur while in orthographic mode. This is present in the render room as well. See attached. When zoomed out from meshes eyes will bulge through the head mesh. When zoomed in there is no issue. I have lowered the angle of view to 40. I think this issue was off and on with previous versions. 

Eyes_Bulge.png.58728fe8c45686cb5e38e4ebfdc92b4d.png

Eyes_nobulge.png

• Contributor

------------Solved: Render Room also effects Sculpt room light.-- Set Siluette light and Light Siluette to back to 0, if Shader go black or white.

Hi everybody. This is not very important, but on my gtx1070, the 'cast shadow' is wrong applied in Sculpt and Render Room/Sculpt Model. Paint Model does work .

Its like a white layer with shadow is glued on top of the shaders.

image.thumb.png.0563ddaa8d31dec0bf7d1878a5acc123.png

Thank you.

Edited by Ctc_nick

• Contributor
9 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Graphic drivers are uptodate ?
I cant replicate, sorry.

Hi Carlosan! Thank you. I tried updating drivers but it must be something else. In the sculptroom the light seems to come from a strange direction, a bit from the underside and from the left. It looks like it is in the wrong place, but i cannot steer it. The Object is sometimes black or white when switching to shadows.  I'll further observe it.

Have a nice weekend! 

• Thanks 1

• Contributor

Hello!

'Cast shadow' light comes from strange direction. Is that normal or did I set something? 

------------------------------------------------

Solved: If you cant move the Shadow light, double click the contrast button! :good2:

rotate_shadow.thumb.png.ce000ff958aa4dc17833483e4a2f6faa.png

The right picture shows the object turned into the light.

Edited by Ctc_nick

3 hours ago, bscoat said:

Just updated to 2022.47 but it's glitching every 5 seconds?  Also any panel I close reopens.

Using learning edition on Windows 10

ezgif-4-f757760407.gif

I tried both - licensed and learning, unable to reproduce. Try Edit->Reset to default settings

But interesting to know what causes this, so please copy files Docs/UserPrefs/Preferences/ somewhere and if Edit->Reset really helps, send me that files please.

On 9/19/2022 at 10:44 PM, Andrew Shpagin said:

I tried both - licensed and learning, unable to reproduce. Try Edit->Reset to default settings

But interesting to know what causes this, so please copy files Docs/UserPrefs/Preferences/ somewhere and if Edit->Reset really helps, send me that files please.

Thank you Andrew!  Edit-Reset worked.  Should have figured that out on my own :/

Unfortunately, I backed up the wrong files before doing this. Very sorry!!!

Just glad it's fixed. Thanks again :) 

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic