3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

• Contributor
20 hours ago, soru said:

Installing python3.8 will fix it.

Not an option here, for a variety of reasons.

We've been through that when 3DCoat 2022.48 was out, if memory serves me well. It was solved then. I'm confident @SERGYI will fix this one too.

Build 2022.55, the last build before 2022.57, is working perfectly fine without having to mess with the system's installed libraries, as stated also by @ebitz

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Not sure if its a bug or what thought I should let you know:

- When I use VoxHide Or CutOff tools if I navigate around the model after the operation it takes 2 undos to revert back to normal. If I dont touch anything it takes 1 undo.

Tested with a few normal brushes they seem fine.

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Koray said:

Not sure if its a bug or what thought I should let you know:

- When I use VoxHide Or CutOff tools if I navigate around the model after the operation it takes 2 undos to revert back to normal. If I dont touch anything it takes 1 undo.

Tested with a few normal brushes they seem fine.

mines fine , cant replicate

• Advanced Member

Still takes 2 ctrl+z's to undo cutoff or vox hide when vertex lasso is used and camera is rotated right after the cut is made. From what I understand its the Vertex Lasso that causes the extra undo. Tried a few other lassos and they work fine.

Edited by Koray
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Elemeno  I remind you again that to maintain order please use the feature request subforum for that type of feedback.

Use this thread to report bugs related to beta versions. Thank you

https://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?/forum/14-feature-requests/

Hello dear Oleg_Shapo,

I have been using "3DCoat" for several years and I have 2 licenses purchased (for V4 and now the new version). So far I have never had a problem with this tool. I am not looking to make a mold but just to extrude with a slope as I have always done as for example when I need to fit 2 pieces as shown in this example: https://cults3d.com/fr/modèle-3d/gadget/boite-a-bonbons-halloween

So I really like working with 3DCoat and I hope that this bas-relief creation tool will remain free.
If not what would be the price?

The name of this tool in French is : "Bas-Relief" and I use negative "angle de conicité"

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Oleg_Shapo said:

How do you load the model into the program and why?

Via tools import for fixing model for 3d print, there is inverted overlapping surface what need to be fixed and this part i cannot separate, in other software i can select and detach this element.

AqgBm7o.jpg

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Oleg_Shapo said:

Try uploading your model to the Tweak room, select the part you want and manipulate.

It works the same, in other app i can split beard, cape etc, in tweak room it selects as one part, also it's too slow. And for fixing model we need sculpt room tools.

image.thumb.png.07ca1941d68d3cc6e99d178c9e4cac2b.pngimage.thumb.png.3b4184f1a4469201427b340de7e5f1db.png

Edited by sprayer

On 1/29/2023 at 4:33 AM, Oleg_Shapo said:

How do you load the model into the program and why?

On 1/29/2023 at 5:48 AM, Omni-Moulage said:

Hello dear Oleg_Shapo,

I have been using "3DCoat" for several years and I have 2 licenses purchased (for V4 and now the new version). So far I have never had a problem with this tool. I am not looking to make a mold but just to extrude with a slope as I have always done as for example when I need to fit 2 pieces as shown in this example: https://cults3d.com/fr/modèle-3d/gadget/boite-a-bonbons-halloween

So I really like working with 3DCoat and I hope that this bas-relief creation tool will remain free.
If not what would be the price?

The name of this tool in French is : "Bas-Relief" and I use negative "angle de conicité"

Bas-relief/undercuts will always be free, Molding will become payed after some time, now it is free until March 2023.

Edited by Carlosan
added date
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, SERGYI said:

Please download 2022.58. It includes Python 3.8 libs from old Ubuntu 20.04 and runs on new Ubuntu 22.10.
https://pilgway.com/~sergyi/links-Linux.html

Yes. Already did. Works. Thank you.

• Like 1

When recovering from a crash, the dialog asking whether you want to delete, load or skip the autosave file will not accept mouse or keyboard input.  However after closing 3dcoat and reopening the program I was able to open the autosave file.  This has happened to me more than once.

.58 on M1 Macbook Pro, Monterey 12.6.3

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic