3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2022 development thread

any idea what is wrong, older version tools work as expected, but updating, they seem inverted???

picked 2021.60 as example then updated to 2021.76 they are "inverted"

I haven't installed every version to see where it changes, so tired of bugs in 3d Coat

*base clay was also doing it at one point...

IDK, maybe my error, but can reproduce it by switching versions

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

jimhatama was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1 points.

3 hours ago, bocs said:

any idea what is wrong, older version tools work as expected, but updating, they seem inverted???

picked 2021.60 as example then updated to 2021.76 they are "inverted"

I haven't installed every version to see where it changes, so tired of bugs in 3d Coat

*base clay was also doing it at one point...

IDK, maybe my error, but can reproduce it by switching versions

This is probably cause of treat as a vox hide introduced. Check brush options it should be on top

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor
5 hours ago, jimhatama said:

This is probably cause of treat as a vox hide introduced. Check brush options it should be on top

Good call. I can confirm this is indeed the case. With USE BRUSH AS VOXHIDE checked, it appears to subtract or indent with each stroke. This option should be turned off by default, though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, milhouzz said:

would be great to have the rotate along brush strokes work as it was before

sphere tool creation with rectangle lasso or any lasso kind of tool missing the choice of round/plane/sharp border

latest update is fast as hell, really amazing!

Yes, I will polish all that.

• Contributor
17 minutes ago, jimhatama said:

Guys,one thing should be done  - is to convert flatten brushes to voxel ones, and I will stop using surface mode completely.

I like to use surface tools on voxels, and especially the flatten brush (albeit in 4.9, but I think flatten works fine in 2021 now).

That said, the Scrape tool could be made to be something similar in pure voxels : -First, that annoying "soft scrape" checkbox should stop reverting to default (checked) each time you reopen 3d-Coat.
-Second, it could have a CTRL action similar to what flatten does (adding material).

Just my opinion.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Silas Merlin said:

I like to use surface tools on voxels, and especially the flatten brush (albeit in 4.9, but I think flatten works fine in 2021 now).

That said, the Scrape tool could be made to be something similar in pure voxels : -First, that annoying "soft scrape" checkbox should stop reverting to default (checked) each time you reopen 3d-Coat.
-Second, it could have a CTRL action similar to what flatten does (adding material).

Just my opinion.

I dont think it is abt liking or not. There is just no way to flatten mesh besides surface flatten brushes, scrape is completley unusable and unpredictable

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2022 development thread