3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

2 hours ago, jimhatama said:

cavity condition working for me, but AO condition still doesnt. I dunno abt ppl who bought only Textura, but you really cant do any texturing without AO masking let alone that most smart materials dont work in intended way.

8F3tOuf.png

Yes, confirmed and fixed. Actually the condition works (if you paint the painting depends on AO) but the preview is wrong. Fixed in the build 29.

В режиме редактирования инструменты перетаскивания точек и касательных векторов в паре так и не пофиксили Хотя уже прошло много релизов .Жаль так как я постоянно использую кривые и все время переключаться между ни прямо раздражает . Исправьте пожалуйста .!!!

Edited by Евгений
Не коректно
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Yes, confirmed and fixed. Actually the condition works (if you paint the painting depends on AO) but the preview is wrong. Fixed in the build 29.

it worked for me if i use rectangle fill for example(with no preview), but if I have filled entire layer with smart material it didnt work

Hello, new Local curvature baking process do not consider that model could hace edges with split normals, take a look at the screenshot. At the first one model with normal map, at the second just mesh with hard edges, and at the third Local curvature map which completely don't see local curvature in painted bump and have baked hard edges.
image.thumb.png.115a05602896d6e4da3165981021bc74.pngimage.thumb.png.afb538ed97216deacab3a8f3397c7e52.pngimage.thumb.png.9f31e708db0e0c029d72d7f0ae0fe701.png

• Reputable Contributor
2 hours ago, Tubor said:

The Measure tool only measures a certain distance, there is no problem. When measuring an angle, the FPS becomes very lagging, and it continues until the measurement result is clear before it can return to normal.

Windows version: 2021.28

Confirmed. I was going to post this myself.

The first line of the measure tool you draw out, no lag.  Your next angle line is very very laggy.

Steps to reproduce.

Choose measure tool. draw out your first stroke, click to place, continue to draw out an angle stroke, it becomes very very laggy. 

This happens whether you are measuring a model or measuring in open space.

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Tubor said:

The Measure tool only measures a certain distance, there is no problem. When measuring an angle, the FPS becomes very lagging, and it continues until the measurement result is clear before it can return to normal.

After solve lag,, I hope measured line and value  keep visible even though I change tool (eg select and transform) with option like curve tree windows.  (so we can hide, visible ,remove measured line,  when we need with change current tool options)   I did not notice, 3d coat already offer option, show in other tool thanks ^^

Then with default setting,   after draw line, the value is really difficult to see... .with the color and the number font size... (change color for number,  and change font scale about number may help I suppose.

measurementtool.thumb.JPG.a564626cb0ae1894af334779e5d22514.JPG

Edited by tokikake

• Reputable Contributor
55 minutes ago, tokikake said:

After solve lag,, I hope measured line and value  keep visible even though I change tool (eg select and transform) with option like curve tree windows.  (so we can hide, visible ,remove measured line,  when we need with change current tool options)   I did not notice, 3d coat already offer option, show in other tool thanks ^^

Then with default setting,   after draw line, the value is really difficult to see... .with the color and the number font size... (change color for number,  and change font scale about number may help I suppose.

measurementtool.thumb.JPG.a564626cb0ae1894af334779e5d22514.JPG

I agree the number values need to be offset from the draw line. I think they used to be. Somewhat larger numbers and a different color of the numbers would be nice as you mentioned

Plus I will again ask for the Measurement tool not to change the measurement unit under the Geometry Menu but simply measure the object by whatever measurement unit we select in the Measurement tool panel.

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, digman said:

Plus I will again ask for the Measurement tool not to change the measurement unit under the Geometry Menu but simply measure the object by whatever measurement unit we select in the Measurement tool panel.

I agree, we had a request topic about this issue ago. 

Real 1m can be described as 100cm with the measure unit = cm.   20 cm can be shown as 0.2 m   with the measure unit = Meter.   then we hope such option for measure tool.

but it should not change the distance  (we can call same 1 unit distance with meter, or with cm after all the distance keep as 1meter or 100cm) 

at current,     Unit (which decide the real distance of One Unit for 3d coat)  = measurement unit (which is  for the tool guide) . 

and I see same issue for Grid distance (it is supposed to measure, so all grid in the world = virtual measure line)  and voxel per unit..   

at current 3d coat change 1 grid distance, when I change voxels per unit...  voxels per unit decide  voxel counts for sculpt... so 1 cm cube have 1 or 8 or 27 voxels for sculpt.

it should not relate with virtual world measure grids , 1 grid distance.  I hope 1 grid distance should be same as 1 unit of the aprcation.. (if we set unit = 1 meter,  1 grid distance = 1m) without change setting with all voxel per unit. 

Edited by tokikake

• Advanced Member

Bake retopo > per pixel (no baking) change uv set order , then it cause wrong texture which I already paint for paint mesh.

my step

1.  import mesh witch have 4 material group (then 3d coat need 4 uv set ) in paint room, then paints. 

2.  I found some layered faces of morphed mesh.  which cause issue (dark spot) when paint, then send paint mesh to retopo mesh by Take mesh from paint room

3.  adjust some edges to remove overwrap, then use Bake retopo > per pixel (no baking) to return geometry only. 

I suppose it keep current UV and paint layers for each UV set,  (I did not edit it) and overwrite paint mesh geometry as retopo mesh, actually it seems work.

but it change UV set order in paint room, or change paint layer infomation. then cause wrong paint for each UV set (material) part.

with check UV and texture of return mesh,  in paint room, I think UVset name and each UV is correct, so there seems some problem to re-attach texture for each UV set . it swap textures between different UV set.  

breakuvset.thumb.JPG.aaa23511c7971985d1d50c25b9a3a37b.JPG

this pic show, the texture which painted for body part (template 2) now used for template1 UV set (head part) after return mesh by Bake retopo > per pixel (no baking) 

paintedtexture.thumb.JPG.a224daf03d7f0281266b3b01adfc6983.JPG

, but I think the UV set and mesh part is same as before. (just to confirm of course I could paint correctlly, when I import mesh to paint room with smart material, so it apply each texture for each UV set part correctly )

I think it was reported before by other user, but the problem seems remain.  Then  we need more stable option  For these work. (edit paint mesh geometry only then return with keep UV and textures), I know tweak room can direct edit paint room mesh , but actually it never work well for detail polgion edit.

(like hide complex part, then move some verts of eye  back faces, to edit such detail,  I must need to work in retopo room with hide many parts and move verts with gizmo)

Edited by tokikake

• Reputable Contributor

Is it possible in the Pose tool when choose "Paint Select"  that we have Edit Pose Falloff there as it is in the other type of selections. 

It is missing in the "Paint Select: Transpose mode.  

Pose tool.PNG

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Windows version 2021.29

Stamp Mode Brush bug. Shown in picture, marked in Red.

As soon as you click to place or drag the alpha to a new spot, the radius of the brush goes to 0.001. 

Example. Brush radius set at 15. Click to drag or place the alpha, the brush radius is changed to 0.001 and keeps changing as you drag the alpha. 

Stamp Mode.PNG

A quick tip and a potential Presets issue to point out - if you add a brush to Presets while the Brush Parameters panel is open, every time you invoke that brush from Presets it will also open the whole Brush Parameters panel for this brush, taking up screen space.

In other words, Presets stores not just the brush engine data but also the value related to the state of openness / closure of the Brush Parameters panel.

Hide your Brush Parameters before adding a new brush to Presets in order to avoid this.

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic