3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

• Advanced Member

Inside the Paint Room does Symmetry Work in the Texture Editor? Paint in the 3D workspace and you see symmetry applied in the Texture Editor, but try it the other way around and the symmetry fails.  Can't remember if this worked before... however this is a must have feature IMO

• Reputable Contributor
42 minutes ago, milhouzz said:

hey might miss something here but i was using the sphere tool in lasso and when using control it doesn't remove voxel anymore like before, i can only add on top.

at the end of the video you seem to manage to remove voxels a little bit in the corner.

CTRL+Sphere + lasso works here on latest build.

Here is what seems to be happening in your video :
you are using sphere with "draw from first point" ticked. This means that the plane in front of which you will be cutting (CTRL+lasso will cut anything between the plane and the camera)
is defined by the last point touched by your brush when you start pressing LMB.
In your video you are in a view directly from above your object when you cut. therefore the plane corresponds precisely with the plane on your object : there is nothing to cut.

Now, try this :
-untick "draw from first point", and do the same thing, but this time take care that the last point your lasso stroke touches on the object before releasing LMB is behind those blocks you created on top of the largerr shape.
> Now it will cut something.

• Reputable Contributor
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

Silas Merlin was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

4 minutes ago, milhouzz said:

mmm i tried this but act the same.

just as a comparison, this is from previous build (4.9), ctrl drag kind of act like the cut actually when using sphere tool, and you can define a depth limit, i mean no big deal i can switch to cut tool to achieve what i want

ah yes, in 4.9 it cuts everything both in front and behind.
so yes it would be nice to have this old behaviour for the sphere tool, and keep the "in front of plane" behaviour for the 2d-paint tool (it worked like that with 2d-paint even in 4.9).
so that we can switch tools depending on the behaviour we need.

1 hour ago, Silas Merlin said:

ah yes, in 4.9 it cuts everything both in front and behind.
so yes it would be nice to have this old behaviour for the sphere tool, and keep the "in front of plane" behaviour for the 2d-paint tool (it worked like that with 2d-paint even in 4.9).
so that we can switch tools depending on the behaviour we need.

i think it has been changed in recent update, cause it was working the same way few updates ago

• Reputable Contributor
On 12/16/2021 at 1:14 PM, insignet said:

Inside the Paint Room does Symmetry Work in the Texture Editor? Paint in the 3D workspace and you see symmetry applied in the Texture Editor, but try it the other way around and the symmetry fails.  Can't remember if this worked before... however this is a must have feature IMO

I don't think it ever has. This might be because many users stack UV islands over their mirrored siblings in the Texture Space, to get a symmetrical effect and preserve UV space at the same time?

• Thanks 1

Здравствуйте . У меня не большая просьба если не сложно  , добавьте пожалуйста инструмент смарт ретопо в комнату моделирования по умолчанию на всегда  . Да можно инструмент сейчас добавить через скрипт , но дело в том , что после каждого обновления , его нужно добавлять заново . Или подскажите , как это сделать можно пользователю , если это возможно .

Edited by Евгений

Good morning, downloaded the new build 81 and really like the voxel move brush, made me happy. Was playing around and tried the copy clay brush but it doesnt seem to work. I click to copy an area and then try to paste it but it seems to shoot the polygons to world centre leaving a huge cavity on the mesh. Anyone else find this?

On 8/9/2021 at 7:00 AM, Silas Merlin said:

Now, I was thinking, what if 3d-Coat supported those .glb / .gltf formats, which contain both mesh and textures, it would make things much easier to exchange between software and between 3d-Coat projects, wouldn't it ?
Is there any chance that this may happen in the future ?

GLTF.jpg

Export to Gltf: You can export using 2 options:
  - Gltf Separate (.gltf + .bin + textures): export to separate files.
  - Gltf Embedded (.gltf): use this option to export with embedded textures included.

Здравствуйте . Версия 2021.82 . Что то с шейдерами в комнате рендера не так  . При нажатие на вьюпорт исчезает цвет напрочь , хотя это стандартный шейдер . За инструмент  смарт ретопо в комнате моделинг еще раз спасибо .! 

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2021 at 1:34 PM, Gorbatovsky said:

Интересная идея, спасибо.
А как их цеплять? К центру  каждого фейса в каком то диапозоне? Или задать диапазон вдоль направляющей и частоту вдоль U/V.
Тут нужно еще подумать как обрезать примитив и стыковать к новому мешу.

Scale primitives to the surface (normals) of polygons is a great request very needed.

Please dont forget to add NanoTile Textures:

Lets you create seamlessly tileable textures all the way up to 4096 in resolution. These textures are created by taking the pattern you’ve created using ZBrush’s Insert Mesh Object and the NanoMesh Brush. From that pattern this plugin will can automatically create a number of different textures including height, bump and normal. These can then be used as displacement maps to create your model.

addons-zbrush-7.q4h2v2.image.tcd.jpg

Image credit (as supplied by PR): Joseph Drust

• Like 2

On 12/15/2021 at 8:25 AM, Gorbatovsky said:

Write more specifically what you offer, please. Возможно небольшое видео.

What do you like in Silo 3D?

Everything, I want a Silo3D preferences setup option when it asks you do you want it to work like softimage for example I want Silo navigation, hotkeys, ease of tweak, selection, I can create a whole titan in it in one night, at my laptop not even on the wacom tablet monitor!   Please add this andrew and my hotkeys and mouse / pen clicks are not working at all currently in 86, please fix this, I noticed its trying to select polygons on the backside of my model instead of the front ones I'm trying to click on.  Also allow us to select objects with a bounding box drawn easily with the pen!

Thank you very very much for this suggestion.

23 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Масштабирование примитивов до поверхности (нормалей) полигонов-это очень важный запрос, который очень необходим.

Пожалуйста, не забудьте добавить нанотильные текстуры:

Позволяет создавать плавно изменяемые текстуры с разрешением до 4096 пикселей. Эти текстуры создаются с помощью шаблона, созданного с помощью объекта ZBrush "Вставка сетки" и кисти NanoMesh. На основе этого шаблона этот плагин может автоматически создавать несколько различных текстур, включая высоту, выпуклость и нормаль. Затем они могут быть использованы в качестве карт перемещений для создания вашей модели.

addons-zbrush-7.q4h2v2.image.tcd.jpg

Кредит на изображение (предоставлено PR): Джозеф Драст

Да , это было бы отлично .!!!

Edited by Евгений

Another thing Andrew,

Why does when you click on select to select your object, instead it brings up some spline / curve tools so when you try to drag a square around the outside of your object,

instead of allowing you to select it like this, it brings up some curve menu at the top, and when you click outside your object it goes into creating a curve or spline instead?????

Seems that every time I cancel the movement with the Gizmo-less shortcut by pressing ESC, everything disappears. When I press the shortcut to Transform, everything reappears again.

Also, it would be nice to have the Gizmo-less transform behave a bit more robustly. Currently when you start moving something with a hotkey, and then turn on an axis lock X, Y or Z, it keeps the transform that you did in screen space, whereas the transformation should be reset and start from the initial point when pressing X, Y or Z... I guess maybe looking more closely at how blender does it would be helpful.

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic