3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

16 hours ago, Koray said:

Guys render room is really messed up. you move from sculpt room and all your shaders go dark. assign some shaders back everything looks normal. then you rotate the mesh and all is dark again. wasnt like this and its very annoying.

Render Room seems to work here. I am rendering with 3dcoat hardware render engine and Realtime Render is activated. I am on version 71.

22 hours ago, Koray said:

Guys render room is really messed up. you move from sculpt room and all your shaders go dark. assign some shaders back everything looks normal. then you rotate the mesh and all is dark again. wasnt like this and its very annoying.

Tested version 83 on linux with wine, and yes render does this black shaders.

• Thanks 2

• Reputable Contributor
On 12/22/2021 at 12:10 PM, Carlosan said:

GLTF.jpg

Export to Gltf: You can export using 2 options:
  - Gltf Separate (.gltf + .bin + textures): export to separate files.
  - Gltf Embedded (.gltf): use this option to export with embedded textures included.

Yes that is really cool, thank you.

There is just one confusing thing. Not with export from sculpt room as in your example, but when exporting from paint room, where there are textures to embed :
if you export as embedded gltf, the textures are also exported out of the .gltf file, separately, in addition to being embedded.

Also, I was wondering, is this a first step towards supporting the format ? what about .glb, and also, importantly, what about importing those files ?
Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
On 12/15/2021 at 3:40 PM, Carlosan said:

@artofcharly This feature is currently available.

Oh, can you record a tutorial? with steps how to do this

hey guys, really love all the latest updates, just so smooth and fast!

I encountered a tiny problem using the 2dpaint tool, i like to increase the depth to sculpt big chunks (so above 100%) as you can see in the video if go over existing geometry it kind of disappear and work again once i pass the mesh

thanks

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, jimhatama said:

while voxel performance vastly improved, there is still one thing that takes it down - smoothing performance. Even with CUDA on on mid lvl meshes abt 600-800k  voxel smoothing works only on certain brush size, with bigger brush sizes it evetually goes to zero.

Yeah, good point.  I'm hoping we'll see smoothing get some of the new brush engine treatment.

• Advanced Member

Not sure if this is a bug or just user error. However I cannot get the 'Export to' menu item to appear in the File menu. I have sent meshes both to and from Blender using the App link which works fine. The option to 'open in original app' appears which is ok, but not the Export to item. I deleted the Options.xml to see if that works  ( suggested in another thread ) but IMO this menu item should be consistent. Having it appear randomly is frustrating. Is there a specific path for the Options.xml file in 2021.83. I have deleted this maybe its the wrong one?

• Contributor
2 hours ago, Carlosan said:

I can see it on .83

Export to.jpg

Check Edit > Customize UI: it is hide ?

Un-hide.jpg

I am having the same problem and have for some time, it's strange. Currently on 2021.83 and Blender 3.0
Trying to customize ui and un-hide, I could not find it either

3DCoat and Blender, these two apps I don't think will ever be "versus", they compliment one another incredibly well (according to me at least) with mutually exclusive features/tools. It almost feels improper to suggest 3DCoat devs concern themselves with this, but if there ever was an app which I think 3DCoat could benefit from a 1st party applink with that just plain works reliably and well, I'd have to say Blender applink. Might even convert some customers.

(Omniverse a possibility too but that's perhaps uneven given it's a nvidia-only platform.)

It's not exactly grueling to hop between apps manually but it kind of interrupts the flow and feels like a chore

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

@Carlosan no - its not hidden by the UI - I reverted my UI to default. I really don't understand what makes it appear and disappear.

Edited by insignet
  • Confused 1

• Advanced Member

Voxel brushes are so much faster than before. Amazing! :good:

I found bug

1. After changing the position of the Voxel object using Transform without gizmo(move), if you perform Undo to return to the previous position, the object disappears.

2. Press ESC in Transform without gizmo(move) state, the Voxel object disappears.

3.Transform without gizmo (rotate, scale) looks fine.

Fortunately, it reappears when I activate the Primative tool

• Contributor

Hello, and happy new year!

I have a serious Performance loss with the last version 84. Might have to do with the shader optmizations.

In an empty new Scene I get:

3DCoat.83: Paint Room: 270 FPS, Sculpt 177 FPS 

3DCoat.84: Paint Room:   30 FPS, Sculpt   15 FPS

on a Geforce 1070gtx.

:unknw:

• Like 1

Hello

As Andrew said on release notes: 

- I mastered the new technology that will be useful everywhere, especially to optimize anything voxel-related (but not only that, it is potentially useful everywhere). It is calculation via the regular fragment shaders. It is not about compute shaders or OpenCL that are not supported everywhere (and generally not well supported), but usual shaders that work on any device.
It is very important for the future and it took some time to implement and debug. Now it is applied to Smooth in voxels and Grow.

So, no CUDA used, but regular shaders instead. Now smooth and grow work really fast. That was only brushes that was impossible to speed up without GPU.

On build .84 there is no longer CUDA options, as this new technology should replace it.

Please write to andrewshpagin@gmail.com asking for this issue.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Ctc_nick said:

Hello, and happy new year!

I have a serious Performance loss with the last version 84. Might have to do with the shader optmizations.

In an empty new Scene I get:

3DCoat.83: Paint Room: 270 FPS, Sculpt 177 FPS 

3DCoat.84: Paint Room:   30 FPS, Sculpt   15 FPS

on a Geforce 1070gtx.

:unknw:

please run coat, exit in minute or half, send me docs/3DCoat2021/log.txt

And move mouse constanlly during the process

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic