3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

• Advanced Member

@SERGYIWill there be development for Wayland display server in linux? 3Dcoat will run using Wayland, but is unusable due to extremely low frame rates in the viewport.

• Advanced Member

Testing .85: 

-Encountered the most entertaining bug: I vox hid a part, objectified it, deleted hidden from the base. Switched to it. I was scaling the part using transform tools inner yellow cube.

I literally watched the left symmetry indicator move further left by itself breaking the symmetry. Object became non uniform. I right clicked and made it uniform. Although symmetry is still active none of the brushes work symmetrically. The rogue sym dot is nowhere to be seen again :D :D. I tried symcopy to fix, didnt work so I'm typing this :D

-edit: I hid a part of the rogue mesh and objectified it. sym still doesnt come back...Sym works for other parts I made from the same base though :D

-edit 2 : When I smooth using shift, Smooth adds a single brush stroke when the shift is released. For ex: I used vox clay on a vox obj. I started smoothing using shift key. When I'm done I release the shift and a stroke of vox clay is added unwantedly. This is not a new bug.

-edit 3: Performance feels better for now.

This software has a mind of its own :D

Edited by Koray
for more

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

So, you press SHIFT, mouse down, move, mouse up, SHIFT up, and quad appears? In sphere tool? Or in all native voxel tools?

Since you asked, I tested further and ONLY the Vox Clay adds a square when:

- You select vox clay, add strokes, press shift start smoothing, unpress shift without releasing the mouse left click or pen pressure, then when you release the left click or lift the pen, only the Vox Clay adds a single stroke even if you try not to move the mouse or pen. 

Seems like the vox clay counts mouse release (or pen lift) as a stroke . No other brush that I've tried does that. 

When you release the mouse or pen while holding shift the stroke does not appear.

Edit: I used the sphere tool to draw the arrows to show you the squares.

Edited by Koray

• Advanced Member
20 hours ago, Elemeno said:

well 200 million triangles was my limit ... after that sculpting is 30 fps and a little slow... probably ok for stamping

Is that a single tool that is 200 million???

In my case I can go up to around 20 mil on a single tool, then the brushes start acting quite slow. Then I tried smooth all from the space menu and 3DC crashed.

( my pc: i9, 64 gig ram, 1080ti gpu ) 

I am on 85. There is a render room bug still. If you customize the shader and go to render room the changes are not present. Then when you go to the sculpt room back, the standard shader is on the sculpt, so the customized settings are gone. Is there a work around? I think this started with v84 or v83.

• Thanks 1

I have come across an issue with the Autopo. When I use it with a symmetry on, I get duplicate vertices / hidden faces along the center edge loop. Here is how I can replicate the results.

1. Create a new voxel project. I use a sphere.
  2. Turn on symmetry - I usually use 'X'
  3. Make an indent on either side of the line of symmetry (something like eye sockets)
  4. Use autopo on the shape - I use 2000 polys but other amounts work as well.

The shape will have strange geo (overlapping vertices / hidden faces) along the line of symmetry.

close_up_of_strange_geo.jpg

autopo_params.jpg

Symmetrical_shape.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
On 1/4/2022 at 12:19 PM, Koray said:

Is that a single tool that is 200 million???

In my case I can go up to around 20 mil on a single tool, then the brushes start acting quite slow. Then I tried smooth all from the space menu and 3DC crashed.

( my pc: i9, 64 gig ram, 1080ti gpu ) 

i was jsut trying random brushes ... smooth is slow but every other tool i get like 30 fps so its ok while using stamp tool etc

detail.jpg

• Advanced Member

@Andrew Shpagin Good change with the default IBL.  Also glad to hear of Jama's involvement/consultation.

With the shader advancements your making, any chance of getting some kind of better looking post process effect on the cavity setting to make them look smoother?

Also, has the voxel smooth seen a performance enhancement?  I didn't notice anything, but just checking if it's been done.  Or maybe planned for.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, gbball said:

@Andrew Shpagin Good change with the default IBL.  Also glad to hear of Jama's involvement/consultation.

With the shader advancements your making, any chance of getting some kind of better looking post process effect on the cavity setting to make them look smoother?

Also, has the voxel smooth seen a performance enhancement?  I didn't notice anything, but just checking if it's been done.  Or maybe planned for.

Thanks!

Relax is now approx same speed as the cuda relax before. But no cuda used, the shaders calculations used instead for the better cross-compatibility.

• Thanks 1

@Silas Merlin Hope it help

Copy in --> C:\Users\username\Documents\3DCoat-2021\Panoramas

hdrmaps_com_yard46.zip

//edit

@Silas Merlin :No, placing it there or in userprefs/panoramas did not help.
however, adding it with the + button worked.

• Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor
7 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

@Silas Merlin Hope it help

Copy in --> C:\Users\username\Documents\3DCoat-2021\Panoramas

hdrmaps_com_yard46.zip 21.1 MB · 0 downloads

No, placing it there or in userprefs/panoramas did not help.
however, adding it with the + button worked.

Thanks

• Like 1

Здравствуйте . Попробовал скульпт с новой HD все хорошо и считаю правильным решение , так как Pbr шейдер более реалистичен (и видно реальный объем )  , даже в Zbrush мат кап не передает реального объема так как многое затеняет , но в данной HD не хватает освещения сзади    . Я Постоянно скульпчу и моделирую в Коат и после появления инструмента релакс в Zbrush уже давно  не захожу , но эффекта шейдера кожи так и не добиться в 3D-Coat   . Еще чего не хватает в Pbr шейдерах коат это хорошей  SSS , как бы я не крутил и не настраивал его я не могу добиться подкожной прозрачности , как будто он урезан и не хватает прозрачного подкожного  эффекта .!  

2.jpg.2ad0dedc6cc2e6c998e9ecc4c12482ac.jpg1.thumb.jpg.382abd17afb6a49bf3e2313da1beaf6d.jpg Edited by Евгений
  • Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic