3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

7 hours ago, Koray said:

With this rate of upgrades Andrew will reach version 2022.0 next week or so probably :D

My sincere question is; are we going to have to pay for upgrading to 3DCoat 2022?

(You all probably can guess why I'm asking :) )

22 is just new number. No additional fees when number changes 21->22.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, sprayer said:

It should be problem in something else, i used fill tool today and it fill very small holes, but i have big vox resolution(8x)

yes, problem appears when there are few voxels.
I tried to show in screenshot this is with template head from splash screen. don't increase resolution.
cut a thin slice and then make holes in it, then try to fill : you can't, with fill tool.

here is wireframe

image.thumb.png.3745854839728ce248bbc6a93f98a108.png

Edited by Silas Merlin

• Contributor

Hello, I would like to give some feedback on a behavior which is present with bend volume tool in sculpt room

1. if you're working on several curves with bend volume modifier attached to them, and each a separate object
2. Modifying any one curve, and simply performing undo (intended to undo manipulation of curve 1 step) 
3. It will result like in this video: all curves now get models replaced by last occurrence of bent model instead of what they had 

To me, this is quite undesirable, I have a need for bending multiple models simultaneously, and undo produces this, which I then have to fix pr curve by editing bend modifier and re-selecting the objects again

I wonder if it would be possible we can get new default behavior: always keep the original object OR something like a "lock" ? to prevent the bent models changing undesirably

thank you for any consideration!

• Thanks 1

Using the pose tool, sometimes the gizmo flickers and looks odd, nothing major just a display issue maybe. Anyone know if the pose tool respects topology like zbrush masking does? Trying to isolate the a finger to bend and using the line mode it selects everything. Only way is to paint the finger and that takes more time and sometimes you miss a bit of the mesh and it creates artifacts.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, captainbuckfish said:

Using the pose tool, sometimes the gizmo flickers and looks odd, nothing major just a display issue maybe. Anyone know if the pose tool respects topology like zbrush masking does? Trying to isolate the a finger to bend and using the line mode it selects everything. Only way is to paint the finger and that takes more time and sometimes you miss a bit of the mesh and it creates artifacts.

you can draw with lasso (E key to choose) like in zbrush mask. But in pose tool i also notice some bug with deselection, sometimes clear selection button is not working, you should draw again and then it start to work

• Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor
28 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

I don't recommend VS because all what you will get is slower sculpt/paint. GPU is intended to work, why is it problem? 

it felt like a problem because of fans whining loudly in graphics card, then noticing high FPS and thinking "I don't need that many FPS to work".

Now that you tell us it has a purpose I guess it is no longer a problem.

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2021 at 1:34 PM, digman said:
@Silas Merlin. 

I would like the ability to setup a scene scale in preferences and that will be the scale the scene stays at no matter what I import. 3DC would always open with that scene scale. I could changed it in preferences depending upon what I was working on.  We could have a choice in preferences of 3DC's default scale or meters, cm, feet, inches etc etc.

This would make it easier to jump between applications.  Also make 3DC more consistent in how it does scene scale.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

FixedScale.jpg

Thanks !

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Silas Merlin said:

Here is to illustrate in video the problem with CTRL+Extruder
digging into a cube, after a few stroke you see the tool is adding a disc(plane) all around the alpha.

i always thought this was intended... but i believe the outside of the alpha isnt a full 0,0,0

• Contributor
On 1/13/2022 at 11:15 PM, poeboi said:

Hello, I would like to give some feedback on a behavior which is present with bend volume tool in sculpt room

1. if you're working on several curves with bend volume modifier attached to them, and each a separate object
2. Modifying any one curve, and simply performing undo (intended to undo manipulation of curve 1 step) 
3. It will result like in this video: all curves now get models replaced by last occurrence of bent model instead of what they had 

To me, this is quite undesirable, I have a need for bending multiple models simultaneously, and undo produces this, which I then have to fix pr curve by editing bend modifier and re-selecting the objects again

I wonder if it would be possible we can get new default behavior: always keep the original object OR something like a "lock" ? to prevent the bent models changing undesirably

thank you for any consideration!

Regarding this problem, I found out that (it works properly) undo does not change the object if:
the bend curve modifier is first applied → an object is picked from Sculpt Models panel instead of from VoxTree

in other words, if model to be bent is picked from sculpt models it works like I want to

wasn't aware that this was possible, it's actually very handy
for reference its
1. apply bend volume to a curve
2. simply click an object in sculpt models panel
in some ways this is more convenient too since don't have to have the models to be bent in vox tree

• Advanced Member

repeating this report, problem persists

Annoying bug introduced somwhere on versions .81-88.   If you move volume by gizmoless hotkey, and then undo it, your previous brush gets unselected and more, if you select any volume in this state  with H key - it will switch  to surface without asking. Same happens with pose undo

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Vox Layer tool gets very confused on thin surfaces (which are created by vox layer too). Image below shows two masks one with ignore back faces on, one not. When applied results are unuseable.

Edit: Vox Layer and vox extrude both could use some love. Funky stuff happens when trying to use them.

3dcb01.jpg

Edited by Koray

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic